Midnight Morrissey "Autobiography" sales

The Big Green Bookshop in North London are opening at midnight to sell the book. http://www.biggreenbookshop.com/. I know this, because I own the shop! I can't wait for the book to come out. I haven't seen it myself yet, but I want to be one of the first people EVER to get my hands on a copy.

Any others?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Midnight Morrissey "Autobiography" sales

A little harsh. I will try not to come on here until I've read it, there's always someone who can devour it faster and then spoilers are ubiquitous, as was the case when the albums were leaked in the past. Perhaps the style will be such that it will take some time, I found the moors story wasn't a particularly quick read.

Yeah but she said in another thread she is planning on reading it during the upcoming Christmas holiday. That is over two months from now. Well we know she will not be staying away from here until then. And she claims to love books... posts what she is currently reading in the book thread on a regular basis. She always seems to have her head in a book. Paper book, btw. She is opposed to electronic books. Use to tease me about being a huge fan of that format. So she loves to read. Is always reading a book. Just not Morrisey's. Why? Bottom line is, she is a poseur.

Yeah but she said in another thread she is planning on reading it during the upcoming Christmas holiday. That is over two months from now. Well we know she will not be staying away from here until then. And she claims to love books... posts what she is currently reading in the book thread on a regular basis. She always seems to have her head in a book. Paper book, btw. She is opposed to electronic books. Use to tease me about being a huge fan of that format. So she loves to read. Is always reading a book. Just not Morrisey's. Why? Bottom line is, she is a poseur.

I think I just peed my pants a little bit.

The point of a book is the information is there on the page forever. I get a call/knock on the door/ text every 20 minutes from 8 to 8 every day. I want to read the book in one go and savor the prose, not race through it to prove I'm the fastest reading fan.

It is actually better to read a book like this in increments. Retention is poor if reading all in one stroke. You have a lot more free time than you want us to believe. Read it from 8-10 every night. Should have it finished in no time. Then reread it over your vacation.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I just peed my pants a little bit.

Did you graduate from the Crude Factory?

It is actually better to read a book like this in increments. Retention is poor if reading all in one stroke. You have a lot more free time than you want us to believe. Read it from 8-10 every night. Should have it finished in no time. Then reread it over your vacation.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you graduate from the Crude Factory?

THanks for the reading tips. I don't have an e-reader and I seriously am very busy with work now but if I come across an opportunity to get ahold of a copy I definitely will read it, I'm just not on the Finish-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-in-24-hours bandwagon about his book that many people will be, I'm going to read it when my brain is ready to read it. Now go try control something else, please.

I'm shocked, not even Manchester, are they having a midnight launch.

I've sent enquiries to Waterstones, even music shops, regarding a midnight release and they've either not replied, appeared disinterested or just flatly refused.

Why oh why would any bookshop manager think it a good idea to pay staff overtime and electricity bills to open up at midnight for this book release ? Who cares anymore ?
Many fans have been let down once to often by this selfish so and so, yes I know the young ultras who hadn't been shot from Daddy's sack when it all began will be there in the wind and pissing rain eager to burn the candle reading through the night and wishing me a horrible death but I really don't give a shit anymore for a bloke who I once had a lot of respect for.
'So why are you here posting then ?' You say ! Just to let you know he's not the man you think he is really. What selfish so and so doesn't pay royalties to song writing
collaborators ?
Its not even a 'penguin classic' ! That was just another selfish demand by the selfish so and so.
This book is really gonna have to go some to come up with the goods to beat Johnny Rogans book ! The only thing I can come up with is he'll play the sympathy card " I am manic-mental-bi-polar-bear-Kerry-Cattona-aholic-o,c,d,Gascoine-George Best, selfishtwatisness.
Good luck ultras ! I shall think of you when I am tucked up in bed. with my hot milk and cookies listening to Placebo/loud like love.

I Know its over !

Benny-the-Butcher

Why oh why would any bookshop manager think it a good idea to pay staff overtime and electricity bills to open up at midnight for this book release ? Who cares anymore ?
Many fans have been let down once to often by this selfish so and so, yes I know the young ultras who hadn't been shot from Daddy's sack when it all began will be there in the wind and pissing rain eager to burn the candle reading through the night and wishing me a horrible death but I really don't give a shit anymore for a bloke who I once had a lot of respect for.
'So why are you here posting then ?' You say ! Just to let you know he's not the man you think he is really. What selfish so and so doesn't pay royalties to song writing
collaborators ?
Its not even a 'penguin classic' ! That was just another selfish demand by the selfish so and so.
This book is really gonna have to go some to come up with the goods to beat Johnny Rogans book ! The only thing I can come up with is he'll play the sympathy card " I am manic-mental-bi-polar-bear-Kerry-Cattona-aholic-o,c,d,Gascoine-George Best, selfishtwatisness.
Good luck ultras ! I shall think of you when I am tucked up in bed. with my hot milk and cookies listening to Placebo/loud like love.

I Know its over !

Benny-the-Butcher

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.gif

All this histeria around a book from a man who has said throughout his life the most appalling statements
can only be interpreted as a symptom of how unbearably uninteresting and hollow we have become as a society.
This book will be your brand new toy to entertain your aged brain cell, I understand that. But make no mistake,
you won't be more interesting after reading it.
Read War and Peace instead.
Thanks for the literary advice but i think I'll pass, war and peace obviously didn't make you any more interesting

collaborators ?

I Know its over !

Benny-the-Butcher
Oh change the tune, we've heard it all before, you're so BORING!

You get a break from me Friday, RB. I'll be in the happiest place on earth all day. :p Although I suppose while waiting in line I could post to make your life so miserable...we'll see. :D

You get a break from me Friday, RB. I'll be in the happiest place on earth all day. :p Although I suppose while waiting in line I could post to make your life so miserable...we'll see. :D

Or you could read the autobiography while waiting in line. Hahahaha. Kidding.

She's a poseur and she isn't in a hurry to have her dreams crushed yet again, this time very publicly. Plus... she's probably upset that Morrissey himself (in the form of 480 pages of his words) will be stealing all of the attention from her on this site.

All this histeria around a book from a man who has said throughout his life the most appalling statements
can only be interpreted as a symptom of how unbearably uninteresting and hollow we have become as a society.
This book will be your brand new toy to entertain your aged brain cell, I understand that. But make no mistake,
you won't be more interesting after reading it.Read War and Peace instead.

Thats not the point!

Excuse(s)-fail!

Is there a simpler way to get the book than ordering it online today for $12.00 and having it delivered to your home? PLEASE! And, as far as having time to read it? Do us all a favor and stop posting here and read the book instead. With the time you spend here... shucks, you could have that book finished in a day or two. You are not busy. Just the other day you admitted that you post here all day because you are bored and your life is empty. Fill it with Moz's autobiography instead of Solo. Are you a fan of the man or this website? PLEASE 2!

Painting a mural and letting her dog lick Cheetos flavouring off her fingers is a crazy day for her.

I normally hate gifs, but this cracked me up!

Are you getting Morrissey's book on Friday, and if so, where???

No, I live in America. I'm going to Disneyland with my sister to celebrate her birthday. :o

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom