Monty Python Appreciation Thread

Hello, Anon. What bit are you referring to?

Please reply. Your response is important to us.

Americans tend to pronounce it "py-THON",Brits kind of say "pythin"

Remember my older brother watchng it late at night when it first was on the beeb,I thought it was very racey(girls in their undies :)).

I don't think it's aged too well though

I've been watching IFC all week. I love Monty Python, my brother watched them so I did as well. Though I do understand many of the skits better now. Loved watching all the clips posted here.

NiceThread.gif

Thanks, Mom for raising me on Monty Python, Benny Hill and Saturday Night Live. I turned out just fine. :p:thumb:

What, no SCTV?

No John Candy, Catherine O'Hara or Harold Ramis?

They were awesomely funny.

Oh yes, that too. :D

I kinda got a crush on Catherine O'Hara. Loved seeing her on Curb recently as Bam Bam Funkhouser (Marty's mentally unstable sister).

Back on track...

Last edited by a moderator:
^^

Ah, who could resist Catherine O'Hara? ;)

When I think about all the things that were a meaningful part of growing up, books and music had the greatest impact, but TV humor (silly as it is) really was important, too.

The Pythons were the best of the best, but I kind of love everyone else who made me laugh back then, especially during the terrible times.

It may just be a giggle to someone else, but all that absurdity made a world of difference to me.

When I think about all the things that were a meaningful part of growing up, books and music had the greatest impact, but TV humor (silly as it is) really was important, too.

The Pythons were the best of the best, but I kind of love everyone else who made me laugh back then, especially during the terrible times.

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.

You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.

:guitar:

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.

You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.

:guitar:

:tears: I miss the gang

I love when tourists come to Boston, and get all excited to to the Cheers bar.They seem shocked and saddened when they see it looks nothing like the one used on the show.It is tiny.This became so prevalent they built an exact replica of the television's bar near by.I miss Cheers, funny show.

One of the many reasons that I love them.

I ♥ Michael Palin.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wFbHFTBwem0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wFbHFTBwem0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

So, those of you who have met Pythons, which would you say is the nicest (to people approaching them)?
How about Terry Jones? Go on, break my heart, tell me he's a bastard :(

mpgrail5.gif
mpbrian5.gif

mp4.gif
mp7.gif

Last edited:
Tags
spam spam spam
Back
Top Bottom