Morrissey A-Z: "(A) Song from Under the Floorboards"

Fair enough. I was hugely disappointed in the song choices, but felt he did good on at least a few cuts. If I had my way, he'd be doing a full record of Elvis and maybe a few other of that same generation, and then another of (deep cuts) Sinatra. I'd rather take that than a new album of original material, to be honest.

Yes there was nothing of interest to me on CS, You Say you Don't is my favourite Buzzcocks song and Pete actually hand wrote the lyrics for me onc night (including scribbled out speaking mistakes) so to hear Morrissey sing it at Hyde Park was a eye watering moment for me!!

Fair enough. I was hugely disappointed in the song choices, but felt he did good on at least a few cuts. If I had my way, he'd be doing a full record of Elvis and maybe a few other of that same generation, and then another of (deep cuts) Sinatra. I'd rather take that than a new album of original material, to be honest.
Just what is a 'cut' & a 'deep cut'?

Yes there was nothing of interest to me on CS, You Say you Don't is my favourite Buzzcocks song and Pete actually hand wrote the lyrics for me onc night (including scribbled out speaking mistakes) so to hear Morrissey sing it at Hyde Park was a eye watering moment for me!!

Ha! That's a f***ing wonderful memory. Happy for you. God bless him.

That IS a great cover..YSYDLM.

Just what is a 'cut' & a 'deep cut'?
Haha. A cut is a recording, I guess? A deep cut is an album track, non-single, non-hit. The two aren't really 'related'. Deep cut is more of newfangled word, I suppose, to describe more rare songs.

And yeah, that's a fantastic cover version of a great song. One of the few covers that feels like it could've been written by M.

Moz makes the people happy 😀

Haha. A cut is a recording, I guess? A deep cut is an album track, non-single, non-hit. The two aren't really 'related'. Deep cut is more of newfangled word, I suppose, to describe more rare songs.
You're probably about to get lambasted by Vegan for that one...:lbf:

And yeah, that's a fantastic cover version of a great song. One of the few covers that feels like it could've been written by M.
Yes I agree, I miss Pete every day just like loads of people will miss Morrissey at some point, I'm so grateful he did this for me and it has pride of place on my music wall at home.

you say.png

Yes I agree, I miss Pete every day just like loads of people will miss Morrissey at some point, I'm so grateful he did this for me and it has pride of place on my music wall at home.

View attachment 75559
As it should. It's a treasure.

Regarding ASFUTF, as I have yet to post my thoughts on this little number. I like it. It's nothing much, nor does it need to be. A solid cover from a great period in the life and times of a Moz fan. 2004-2006 really were late era golden years.

Regarding ASFUTF, as I have yet to post my thoughts on this little number. I like it. It's nothing much, nor does it need to be. A solid cover from a great period in the life and times of a Moz fan. 2004-2006 really were late era golden years.

It's my favourite Morrissey cover but it's hard to replicate Howards vocal style.

It's my favourite Morrissey cover but it's hard to replicate Howards vocal style.
Oh yeah, two completely different vocalists.

I had never heard this song before the Ringleader tour, and seldom heard it since. The Magazine version is rubbish. The M version quite good. Moz, that.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom