Morrissey and Lady Diana

He said in june 1986
"Diana herself has never uttered one statement that has been of any use to any member of the human race. If we have to put up with these ugly individuals, why can't they at least do something off the mark"

another quote this one from march 1985
"To me there is something dramatically ugly about a person who can wear a dress for £6,000 when at the same time there are people who can't afford to eat"

I took those quotes from the book Morrissey in his own words.

As i was reading the 2nd one I thought, as opposed to someone who throws a £300 shirt away to be torn up.

hmmm I don't often think that negative.

OOOHHH he is SUCH a bitch.He just does not care what he says or who he offends.Good for him.Thats the way we like him.:)

I have an interview from a radio show in 1997 in which the presenter asks Morrissey about Diana and what he thought of her death. He described hearing she had been in an accident on television and then, several hours later, hearing she had since died. He said he didn't feel any sadness at all. He said 'well, what has she done? Has she ever had anything interesting to say?' When the presenter bought up the subject of all of her humanitarian work, Morrissey said that she had to do that work. That charity work is part of being a royal and, hence, was part of her job, rather than being indicative of her own good will.
Seems to me it was indicative of her own good will, but regardless - since when does a person have to "do" or "say" something important to deserve sadness over their loss? His lack of compassion never ceases to amaze me.

Diana-Morrissey_Phenomenon.jpg

I like the picture of him in a trance. I'm not sure if he is seeing the future or communicating with the dead but it's a good trick either way.

He said in june 1986
"Diana herself has never uttered one statement that has been of any use to any member of the human race. If we have to put up with these ugly individuals, why can't they at least do something off the mark"

another quote this one from march 1985
"To me there is something dramatically ugly about a person who can wear a dress for £6,000 when at the same time there are people who can't afford to eat"

I took those quotes from the book Morrissey in his own words.

As i was reading the 2nd one I thought, as opposed to someone who throws a £300 shirt away to be torn up.

hmmm I don't often think that negative.
Good comment.

...forgot to add, he did concede, in that interview that he thought she was 'quite beautiful.'
I think she was beautiful, not quite beautiful.
LOL Morrissey is full of shit, but that's part of him being him. and why we love him.

I mean, he criticizes Diana, and Madonna, and Paris, etc...
But look at him, coming out in Gucci and Prada shirts/Suits. while yes, people are starving.
I dunno, I love Morrissey's music...but as a person, I think he's quite confused...and well, very human.
Oh, yes he's very human and that's why we all love him, but his statements mentioned here are mean and stupid and incoherent (even though he didn't wear expensive shirts back then).
Seems to me it was indicative of her own good will, but regardless - since when does a person have to "do" or "say" something important to deserve sadness over their loss? His lack of compassion never ceases to amaze me.
Yes, it amazes me too.

is there not a sense of hypocrisy at a 'charity worker' wearing a £6000 dress?

and as steven rightly said, she only gave to charity because she was a royal and it was what she had to do (irony irony)...

...if she never succomed to this demand would she not be seen as a sleeparound?

and as steven rightly said, she only gave to charity because she was a royal and it was what she had to do (irony irony)...

I don't think Morrissey was happy she died...Morrissey is not a heartless person...I think his remarks are more of the sort as...her death is not any more or any less tragic than anyone else's....

When JFK Jr. went down in a plane wreck...I said the same thing about him...he was nothing..and yet because of the Legacy of his father....that made him SOMEBODY? The guy said or did nothing in his life that was worth being remembered for...

aww you call him Steven.
*vomits*

Many people die everyday and the world still turns round and I’m sure you don't sit down and bawl your eyes out about it. Forgive me if I have little compassion for someone who spent the vast majority of their life sitting in opulent palaces of splendour while degrading other humans employing them as "servants"; other human beings die of starvation, illness never owning any possessions or in extreme poverty and no memorial concerts ten years later. While her charity work is somewhat noble, the recognition she earned from it was beyond excessive.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I do draw the line at ridiculing the dead...

But I will quote Morrissey..."She was...Nobody's Nothing"

It's tragic when anyone dies...but unless it's someone close to you, it's pathetic to place more importance on one person's death than another's...

Many people die everyday and the world still turns round and I’m sure you don't sit down and bawl your eyes out about it. Forgive me if I have little compassion for someone who spent the vast majority of their life sitting in opulent palaces of splendour while degrading other humans employing them as "servants"; other human beings die of starvation, illness never owning any possessions or in extreme poverty and no memorial concerts ten years later. While her charity work is somewhat noble, the recognition she earned from it was beyond excessive.

YES!!I so agree.she may have been beautiful and worthy but so are many ordinary people.I think Morrissey loves to be catty but behind it is his absolute hatred for the Royal Family and in this regard I agree with him.Bring on the revolution!!!!!!!!!.:D

YES!!I so agree.she may have been beautiful and worthy but so are many ordinary people.I think Morrissey loves to be catty but behind it is his absolute hatred for the Royal Family and in this regard I agree with him.Bring on the revolution!!!!!!!!!.:D

Are there any guillotines still in existance in England? Or will they have to special order them from France?

Did you say Steven?

Welcome to the Axis of Evil, motherf***er. :mad:

Are there any guillotines still in existance in England? Or will they have to special order them from France?

Er no.I wouldn`t go that far.I would just rehome them in a nice high rise in Peckham and let them live on income support.Old Phillip could join the local community centre and play cards with all the other old boys and Liz could keep house.Aldi do good offers you know.:D

Did you say Steven?

Welcome to the Axis of Evil, motherf***er. :mad:

We need an anti-Steven thread..and put people in the corner for committing the offense

where they shall be sat with a big MOZ on a dunce hat on their head. I thought cassie went a little overboard though ha ha!! :D

Cassie always hits the nail on the head!

Back
Top Bottom