Morrissey concert in Auckland, NZ - cancelled

The Auckland show in two nights time has been cancelled. This was to be the last concert of the current tour.

Information from the promoter:

This event has been CANCELLED...

Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey
on Thursday 14 December at The Civic has been cancelled.

A message from the presenter:

“We regret to advise the Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey show scheduled for Thursday 14 December at The Civic, Auckland will no longer be proceeding due to unforeseen logistical issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
All ticket holders will receive an automatic refund as per the information below.

Media items:

At this point, it's probably advisable for anyone wishing to follow him to a "destination gig" that they choose a location that they wouldn't mind spending a few days in on its own merits.

In the cases of Perth and Auckland, it appears they never should have been scheduled in the first place.

I’m not sure what Thewlis is laughing at. Hopefully it’s not the criticism aimed at Morrissey. Hopefully his/her fandom isn’t preventing him/her from acknowledging that Morrissey’s behavior is deplorable and worth condemning.
Don’t be daft, although he/she kindly informed us that the next gig was at Anaheim.

At this point, it's probably advisable for anyone wishing to follow him to a "destination gig" that they choose a location that they wouldn't mind spending a few days in on its own merits.

In the cases of Perth and Auckland, it appears they never should have been scheduled in the first place.

Something is very broken here. I don't know what it is but they (Camp Morrissey) continue to schedule tours that Morrissey is either incapable or unwilling to complete. Why is that? Morrissey thinking he can do more than he can? Initial eagerness followed by a lack of motivation once the tour starts? Lower than expected ticket sales might sometimes be a factor but not always as sold-out shows are now canceled. There just doesn't appear to be any learning or improvement and the same "unforeseen issues" continue to happen.

I think some honesty from Morrissey would go a long way instead of the callous way these cancelations are handled. There will probably be a "victory lap" post on Central about how much he enjoyed the AU shows... but no acknowledgment or mention of the ones canceled.

Last edited:
Arrogance, conceit , disregard for fans ( their money, time and emotions ) and a complete lack of professionalism :pensive:

To paraphrase the classic:
sorry doesn't help us
sorry will not save us
sorry is just a word that is so easy to say...
so at least say it, Morrissey

Last edited:
I balked thrice buying tickets to see him and She Wants Revenge ( love that project dearly ) for the LA duo of shows. I'm on the east coast and would love to fly out to catch two shows in LA. It's tricky now...

I’m not sure what Thewlis is laughing at. Hopefully it’s not the criticism aimed at Morrissey. Hopefully his/her fandom isn’t preventing him/her from acknowledging that Morrissey’s behavior is deplorable and worth condemning.
Really? But then so was his behaviour in the last 40 years. So why did you not aim your criticism at him then? And why would you want to visit a site dedicated to a deplorable human being? Beats me every time.

Just ridiculous. Pretty soon noone will cover him to do tours. He has become way too risky for risk averse insurance companies to take a punt on. Continually. It's clear that he just decides which gigs he does and which he doesn't as though that's acceptable behaviour. It is not. He can't be arsed, feels nothing for those who have lost money and travelled to places just to have him cancel on them and is just not into what he's doing anymore. The heart isn't in it.
I have a feeling "Logistical Issues" is a phase that works into the leagal contract and his liabilities. I'm just guessing but perhaps tour insurance accepts things like " logistically we could not get show equipment to the venue in time due to plane shortages " just guessing

Once again, the monitor boxes were too big for the cargo plane. It was not predictable. Too bad Auckland was sold out. That's more or less the explanation.

So how come they could manage in previous decades?

Just saw a bit off the side, no one will notice. Play a backing tape over it.

Really? But then so was his behaviour in the last 40 years. So why did you not aim your criticism at him then? And why would you want to visit a site dedicated to a deplorable human being? Beats me every time.
Because it’s gotten out of hand. His behavior is out of control. That combined with a complete disregard for his own career and reputation. And no quality control when it comes to his own work. And I don’t think he’s a deplorable human being. Stop twisting my words. I said his behavior is deplorable. And I continue to come here because I still have great affection for him and I appreciate what his work has meant to me in the past. I will probably always be a fan, but that doesn’t mean I can’t criticize him.

You and a few others seem to think that he’s infallible and that he should be able to get away with anything. Someone said it’s like the Stockholm syndrome and they were quite right. It also reminds me of someone in an abusive relationship. Please realize that you can be a fan and still be able and allowed to express criticism.

Because it’s gotten out of hand. His behavior is out of control. That combined with a complete disregard for his own career and reputation. And no quality control when it comes to his own work. And I don’t think he’s a deplorable human being. Stop twisting my words. I said his behavior is deplorable. And I continue to come here because I still have great affection for him and I appreciate what his work has meant to me in the past. I will probably always be a fan, but that doesn’t mean I can’t criticize him.

You and a few others seem to think that he’s infallible and that he should be able to get away with anything. Someone said it’s like the Stockholm syndrome and they were quite right. It also reminds me of someone in an abusive relationship. Please realize that you can be a fan and still be able and allowed to express criticism.
Why would you twist my words and say I think that he’s infallible and can’t criticize him? I’m saying he could and should always be criticized for his erratic behaviour, as far back as during the Smiths days, and I will and have.

To be still moaning about the very same thing (his erratic behaviour) 40 years on is just silly but also rather funny. Do carry on! Or move on or get over it, either way you’re wrong.

Does it ever occur to you that fans in places like New Zealand have less of an opportunity to see him than fans in Europe or the US so there’s good chance they will never get the opportunity to see him ever again.

Why would you twist my words and say I think that he’s infallible and can’t criticize him? I’m saying he could and should always be criticized for his erratic behaviour, as far back as during the Smiths days, and I will and have.

To be still moaning about the very same thing (his erratic behaviour) 40 years on is just silly but also rather funny. Do carry on! Or move on or get over it, either way you’re wrong.
Because you defend him no matter what and laugh at people who really rightfully criticize him.

Like I said, it’s gotten out of hand. And why would I be wrong “either way”?

Does it ever occur to you that fans in places like New Zealand have less of an opportunity to see him than fans in Europe or the US so there’s good chance they will never get the opportunity to see him ever again.
Yes true, that’s horrible. What makes you think I would think otherwise? Same for people in Indonesia or South America. Hope they get to see him next year.

Because I find your post funny I ‘defend him no matter what’? Strange logic there.
It’s sad that you find reasonable criticism of your favorite pop star laughable.
Well, you do. You’re notorious for being one of the biggest apologists here.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom