Morrissey conspiracy theory

I guess for me, it's easy to romanticize that era in New York. That sort of thing doesn't exist anymore. Just a whole slew of weirdos, getting strung out, or hustling, making art, ripping folks off, anything to make a few bucks to exist. Big cities, pre-gentrification, always seem to have the artists. probably because they could afford to slack off and be self-indulgent when the rent is cheap and nobody cares what you do there. I'm not saying I would ever want to live like that personally, but there's something you have to love about young people ignorant to the world, in a strange, dangerous yet supportive environment and trying to make sense of it all through art.
I know what you mean and those people have been replaced by the LBTQ community. Christiania in Copenhagen is the same. I always find that anxiety is so underrated when it comes to explaining these people.

I know what you mean and those people have been replaced by the LBTQ community. Christiania in Copenhagen is the same. I always find that anxiety is so underrated when it comes to explaining these people.
I don't know that they have been replaced with the LBGT community. Gentrification has killed that kind of widespread communal weirdness.
You have to have the ability to slack off on the cheap. I've watched Portland devolve artistically over the years. I had a friend who rented an entire floor of a warehouse for 375 in the 90s in what is now the Pearl District, where 450 square foot studios go for 1500 a month now.. rents were cheap enough- business and residential- that people could afford to be self indulgent regarding art. Even some of Portland's most venerable gay establishments have disappeared in the face of soaring rent. On the bright side, this means that my crappy town is starting to get culture of sorts, but the rising cost of living is happening too.

I don't know that they have been replaced with the LBGT community. Gentrification has killed that kind of widespread communal weirdness.
You have to have the ability to slack off on the cheap. I've watched Portland devolve artistically over the years. I had a friend who rented an entire floor of a warehouse for 375 in the 90s in what is now the Pearl District, where 450 square foot studios go for 1500 a month now.. rents were cheap enough- business and residential- that people could afford to be self indulgent regarding art. Even some of Portland's most venerable gay establishments have disappeared in the face of soaring rent. On the bright side, this means that my crappy town is starting to get culture of sorts, but the rising cost of living is happening too.
Yeah, I was told about the gentrification in Boyle Heights by someone living there and apparently it ended with some people from the jewish community ending up in some feud with the mexicans.
Cost of living is soaring here too with new houses with posh apartments built and the old council houses where people pay rent are being sold out as well. I doubt there will be many of those left in 5 years and I have started to have a look at the current market and I am surprised by how cheap it is to actually buy a flat somewhere a bit away from it all but still quite close to bigger cities and the shops you need.
I wonder what my dads flat will be worth the day he is gone and I was hoping he would move onto a carehome so he can sell the place instead of me doing it when he's gone.

I believe Gaetano & Peter's ears should be burning right now ;)
Regards,
FWD.

Do enlighten me. I don't see anonymous or blocked posts.
I don't want to encourage anyone else to go to that site, but you both got a thorough mention by Walter Mitty (oh bugger, that's me next then...) :)
Regards,
FWD.

I don't want to encourage anyone else to go to that site, but you both got a thorough mention by Walter Mitty (oh bugger, that's me next then...) :)
Regards,
FWD.

Ah right. f*** him. Wratten can sue me. But he won't. Silly bastard. Imagine being that far down a hole you invested so much in that it would cost too much to climb back out.

Here it is again - "SIMON WRATTEN IS A LIAR AND A FANTASIST"

Go and sue me, you silly old f***er.

It is blatantly obvious that it is Morrissey.
It is blatantly obvious that it is someone doing a hilariously bad Morrissey impersonation. Witness: 'Kev enquired after Morrissey's wellbeing and got the reply, "One has mislaid ones glasses, but otherwise plodding along."'

It is blatantly obvious that it is someone doing a hilariously bad Morrissey impersonation. Witness: 'Kev enquired after Morrissey's wellbeing and got the reply, "One has mislaid ones glasses, but otherwise plodding along."'

Your right Morrissey would never say that. Thanks Peppermint I was starting to believe it really might have been Moz especially after that mutter tweet and the thing about the extra police needed for the Castlefield gig. I wonder how that rat bloke knew Moz had been to Nico's grave and I wonder how he knew about the police thing. I reckon rat might be Sam.

That person 'pretending' to be Morrissey has also written some incredible things though. Surely you remember that essay posted on the Morrissey's World blog in 2011 - here it is on Page 5 of this thread: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...ogspot-who-is-the-actual-author.116298/page-5

That person 'pretending' to be Morrissey has also written some incredible things though. Surely you remember that essay posted on the Morrissey's World blog in 2011 - here it is on Page 5 of this thread: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...ogspot-who-is-the-actual-author.116298/page-5
No they haven't. It's as transparently fake as John Riggers. It's superficially Morrisseyesque without capturing any of his distinctive eccentricities and lexical tics. The only people who would believe it's him are people who are desperate to believe it's him. Which makes the deception particularly nasty, as well as pathetic.

No they haven't. It's as transparently fake as John Riggers. It's superficially Morrisseyesque without capturing any of his distinctive eccentricities and lexical tics. The only people who would believe it's him are people who are desperate to believe it's him. Which makes the deception particularly nasty, as well as pathetic.

I think chances are 5o - 5o that it is Moz over there:cool:

Remember if Skinny says no its probably yes. The Skinny who proclaims race a religion and fungus a non fungi.
Just eyeball the photo over there with the little dumb hat and orange attire.:lbf:

Which distinctive eccentricities and lexical tics did it fail to capture? Does absolutely everything Morrissey ever writes have these eccentricities and tics? So who is this fake Mozzer and how exactly have they gotten away with it for seven years without getting tripped up? One thing that is certain is that it isn't that Wratten bloke as Unlce S says because I have spoken to people who were actually stood talking with Wratten when the supposed morrissey was tweeting.

If Moz ever gave Simon at Blue Rose Blog an interview and admitted so much onstage, Skinny head would explode, little funny hat and all:flamethrow:

If Moz ever gave Simon at Blue Rose Blog an interview and admitted so much onstage, Skinny head would explode, little funny hat and all:flamethrow:

Have you seen the clip of Morrissey talking onstage about sharing his toothbrush the day Rat wrote about his toothbrush on the blog? Also Rat wrote on his blog about Morrissey dying and the next day Moz walked onstage at the London Palladium and announced, 'i live on, i live on, i live on'. I'm not making this up, it's all there in the Mozziah blog. Skinny can call it the work of a fantasist as much as he likes but anyone who actually bothers to read it and follow the BRS lot on Twitter will see it's all true. It's Moz.

Wratten spent I dunno how many years chatting with me pretending to be this irish woman that wanted to see me for tea. I actually suspect he is a crossdresser.

Back
Top Bottom