Morrissey included in list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article (update: now removed)

Morrissey is included in a list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

Has Morrissey said anything specifically about vaccines?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...08-10/joseph-arthur-vaccine-anti-vaxxer-covid
or here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebrated-singer-songwriter-famous-fans-120045435.html

The article reads, "By going public with his anti-vaccination position, Arthur has aligned himself with a small group of like-minded musicians, including Eric Clapton, Morrissey, M.I.A. and Van Morrison."

Where are Morrissey's comments about the vaccine?

Update:
The article has subsequently been edited to read:

" For the record:

3:46 p.m. Aug. 11, 2021
An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn’t actually come out against the vaccine."

Last edited:
Don't you have have to provide covid passports when flying to / from the UK / US ?
you do, that's the real reason most people get them (in my circle of friends anyway).....unless you are rich. Then you can do anything you want. I hear Harry Kane had a wonderful time in his recent Florida holiday despite borders being closed to UK nationals. 👍.......ironically Moz probably fits into the same boat. At least he acknowledges that it's a pandemic of the poor.

How do you feel about:
"There are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place."
Just defiant or more?
I guess that might be an issue of money, as much as anything else. Having experienced first-hand a socially distanced gig, and it’s heavily thinned out audience, I don’t think it’s something Morrissey would consider doing (intentionally) anyway. I’d say the gig I went to was operating at a loss.

I seriously doubt Morrissey is an anti-vaxxer - he was walking around Hale with protective gloves on back when it was peak Covid

i am sure that Morrissey's mother vaccinated M with all available vaccines in her childhood. M is right about some things about covid 19, but vaccination is the only thing there is to prevent infection or reduce mortality from this virus, If his position is anti-vaccines he is very wrong, he is not ignorant, only the ignorant can be against vaccines, medical evidence indicates the efficacy of vaccination to prevent or lessen diseases. I would feel very sad if I listened to Moz declare itself anti-vaccines ... it is true that the interests of the laboratories take advantage of all this, but the disease exists and the millions of deaths are real. Moz did not openly declare himself anti-vaccines, but there were several publications in Central that sowed doubts, and those things in Central hurt his career.

:sudor frío::sudor frío::sudor frío::(:inseguro::inseguro::inseguro::(:(:Rodar los ojos::Rodar los ojos:

I totally agree with you, Luji.

I guess that might be an issue of money, as much as anything else. Having experienced first-hand a socially distanced gig, and it’s heavily thinned out audience, I don’t think it’s something Morrissey would consider doing (intentionally) anyway. I’d say the gig I went to was operating at a loss.
But there is no need to portray it as if those responsible were deliberately taking "anti-social" measures to take away the joy. At the moment, only national artists can perform here because there are problems with travelling for everyone else. I go to about 2 small concerts a week. Nice but certainly not essential. It's just the way it is at the moment and artists should be role models. Nena, who is perhaps still known abroad with "99 Red Balloons", also made totally negative comments about the atmosphere and the process during her "Strandkorb concerts". It's totally idiotic to criticise something you knowingly agreed to by contract. Morrissey has certainly drawn the easier lot with America and the land of unlimited possibilities to brag that he has no measures. It's Vegas, baby!

List of The Lost indeed, it seems the Covid lies have been gobbled up by the usual idiots and sock puppets ,go hide in your basement the boosters are on their way :confused:

But there is no need to portray it as if those responsible were deliberately taking "anti-social" measures to take away the joy. At the moment, only national artists can perform here because there are problems with travelling for everyone else. I go to about 2 small concerts a week. Nice but certainly not essential. It's just the way it is at the moment and artists should be role models. Nena, who is perhaps still known abroad with "99 Red Balloons", also made totally negative comments about the atmosphere and the process during her "Strandkorb concerts". It's totally idiotic to criticise something you knowingly agreed to by contract. Morrissey has certainly drawn the easier lot with America and the land of unlimited possibilities to brag that he has no measures. It's Vegas, baby!
Yes, it’s ‘strange’ for Morrissey to brag about it when he (I’m fairly sure) wouldn’t consider the alternative for reasons other than Covid.

I’m fully expecting these Vegas gigs to be cancelled in any case. Everything still seems stacked against concerts: Stevie Nicks has just cancelled several gigs due to perceived health risks, and Richard Ashcroft has recently cancelled a planned appearance due to the oppressive entrance criteria.

COVID-19 is not like any of the above, and is closer to the SARS and flu viruses, for which we are able to combat.

Also, medication exists to allow HIV sufferers to live with their condition, and improvements and strides are being made constantly.

Your common cold line is thick beyond belief.

Get vaccinated.
doctor in the house.

I like Morrissey's music. I think he's been pretty stupid about Covid.. I think it's funny when people spread anti-science about the vaccines and then get sick or die from covid. If Morrissey ends up being someone who chose not to get vaccinated and dies and ends up on r/leopardsatemyface I am going to laugh at him too.. but we don't know his stance on the vaccine.

Just as Ben Shapiro likes to say that "The truth doesn't care about your feelings".. Science doesn't care about your politics.

I like Morrissey's music. I think he's been pretty stupid about Covid.. I think it's funny when people spread anti-science about the vaccines and then get sick or die from covid. If Morrissey ends up being someone who chose not to get vaccinated and dies and ends up on r/leopardsatemyface I am going to laugh at him too.. but we don't know his stance on the vaccine.

Just as Ben Shapiro likes to say that "The truth doesn't care about your feelings".. Science doesn't care about your politics.
Science and politics could scarcely be more enmeshed.

Morrissey is included in a list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...08-10/joseph-arthur-vaccine-anti-vaxxer-covid
or here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebrated-singer-songwriter-famous-fans-120045435.html

The article reads, "By going public with his anti-vaccination position, Arthur has aligned himself with a small group of like-minded musicians, including Eric Clapton, Morrissey, M.I.A. and Van Morrison."

"Here we go again", with ...💖THE BRANCH COYIDDIANS💖. ..AKA BRANCH CO-IDIOTS! TAKE YER STRANGE PILLS...CHOP OFF YOUR GENITALS, SELL EM ON EBOOB...THEN DRINK YER PURPLE KOOLAID....AND DO GET YER KILL SHOT ! THUMBS UP MORRISSEY 👍👍YA GOT STONES OLBOY! "IRISH BLOOD, ENGLISH HEART"! AND HE AINT SKEERED! AND MOZ PISSES ON THEIR PATHETIC TACKEY BADGE 👍👍...

or here:

"THERE IS NO ONE ON EARTH I'M AFRAID OF" ! GOT IT SNOW FLAKES. HAVE A NICE DAY !

Science and politics could scarcely be more enmeshed.
I agree.. but science is going to happen regardless of what side of the fence you are on.
Personally, I didn't even vote in 2020 since both candidates were total shit. I have never been registered to a political party and when I do vote I choose 3rd party candidates. This time there were no interesting non-corporate candidates.

“There are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place."

Morrissey has made it clear that he sees lockdowns of having had a negative impact on people’s mental health, I would assume this means social distancing also.

How do you feel about:
"There are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place."
Just defiant or more?

But who’s doing the funding? Most have a political agenda, especially those with the big money.

Moz got caught up in some nonsense.
Not sure why these folks think somethin'
bad is gonna happen to'em if they get the
vaccine.
Matter of fact, I even got a pretty pony
band-aid for doin' it.

Some people...a tiny minority have died as a result of the vaccine. That's a fact. Which doesn't mean i don't believe in getting vaccinated.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom