Morrissey included in list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article (update: now removed)

Morrissey is included in a list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

Has Morrissey said anything specifically about vaccines?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...08-10/joseph-arthur-vaccine-anti-vaxxer-covid
or here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebrated-singer-songwriter-famous-fans-120045435.html

The article reads, "By going public with his anti-vaccination position, Arthur has aligned himself with a small group of like-minded musicians, including Eric Clapton, Morrissey, M.I.A. and Van Morrison."

Where are Morrissey's comments about the vaccine?

Update:
The article has subsequently been edited to read:

" For the record:

3:46 p.m. Aug. 11, 2021
An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn’t actually come out against the vaccine."

Last edited:
Which scientist said that 800,000 people in the UK needed to be sacked to prevent the spread of Covid? Which scientist said that a comprehensive national ID scheme would further ‘herd immunity’? Which scientific data proved a raft of new police powers would help control Covid? And yet all these were the responses of a government apparently ‘deferring to the best science’.
I’m not British, so I can’t answer questions specifically about Britain. But yeah, a lot of people lost their jobs during the pandemic. A lot of companies etc lost staff to save money. Awful, but reasonable. Some countries, however, used short-term work allowance instead of firing staff.
Not sure what you mean by ID scheme, again it might be a British thing. But it’s important to trace the infection and how and where people got infected.
Again, not sure what you mean by new police powers. Can’t help you there.

Yeah, hopefully the governments of the world made their informed decisions together with the best scientists available. But again, this is a first. We have no experience of this sort of thing before.

@Phranc & Open @Nerak

Concerning this mRNA vaccine, and it’s long term impact on humans, I don’t think long term studies have been done. We are the trial, and only time will tell, it seems.

From what I’ve read, science has no information with which they can positively say that in the long term/years, you will not develop serious medical issues.

Please correct me if this is wrong, with links. Thanks.
You’re right. This is really an exception. We really are the trial, not just when it comes to the vaccines.

@Phranc & Open @Nerak

Concerning this mRNA vaccine, and it’s long term impact on humans, I don’t think long term studies have been done. We are the trial, and only time will tell, it seems.

From what I’ve read, science has no information with which they can positively say that in the long term/years, you will not develop serious medical issues.

About 30 years apparently.

Scientists are always developing & testing things without knowing what it'll turn out to be a cure for.

God knows what they were up to in the military labs.

@Phranc & Open @Nerak

But your question implies that negative effects of vaccination are just as likely as that nothing happens. Do I understand you correctly? Of course, there are no long-term studies, but if you have a constructive conversation with doctors who have themselves been vaccinated and who allay your concerns, should I really assume the worst?

What, then, is the alternative pronounced here by the amateur scientists? Full speed ahead, as in the past, and if a few more die than in a normal flu epidemic, then so be it. Sweden has successfully demonstrated this (note the irony). And if not, I ask you. If the mutation can never be controlled and only annually modified vaccinations provide relief, are you then also so generally sceptical and persist in your point?

You’re right. This is really an exception. We really are the trial,

I think this is the main issue for many, that science has no proof regarding the possibility of serious negative consequences of this mRNA in a years to come.

not just when it comes to the vaccines.

especially when it comes to this particular vaccine. Yes, there’s been studies, but there hasn’t been
long term trials on humans.

We will only know in time, and if it is indeed a serious problem (and I hope I’m wrong), then science and government will just say ‘oops!’
and then to shift blame will say ‘well, it was your choice to get it, no one forced you to get it.’

I’m not British, so I can’t answer questions specifically about Britain. But yeah, a lot of people lost their jobs during the pandemic. A lot of companies etc lost staff to save money. Awful, but reasonable. Some countries, however, used short-term work allowance instead of firing staff.
Not sure what you mean by ID scheme, again it might be a British thing. But it’s important to trace the infection and how and where people got infected.
Again, not sure what you mean by new police powers. Can’t help you there.

Yeah, hopefully the governments of the world made their informed decisions together with the best scientists available. But again, this is a first. We have no experience of this sort of thing before.
Governments the world over have plenty of experience of hijacking whatever happens to be at hand, to push through their ambitions.

You’ve not heard of Spanish Flu?

Governments the world over have plenty of experience of hijacking whatever happens to be at hand, to push through their ambitions.

You’ve not heard of Spanish Flu?
Ok.

That was more than 100 years ago. Completely different world, and I guess that’s why no one really knew what to do, immediately.

But your question implies that negative effects of vaccination are just as likely as that nothing happens.

No one knows. There’s no proof pointing to no effects or negative outcomes in the long term consequences of this mRNA vaccine on humans.

I’m not against people getting it, if that’s their choice. I just wish there had been long term studies on humans, which isn’t the case.

Do I understand you correctly? Of course, there are no long-term studies, but if you have a constructive conversation with doctors who have themselves been vaccinated and who allay your concerns, should I really assume the worst?

Belief is powerful. And if a doctor claims to have received it and that belief in their choice is enough for you to take that chance, then so be it. I’m not telling anyone what to or not to do.

As far as I can see, there’s chance in both choices people are taking, regarding receiving it or not.

What, then, is the alternative pronounced here by the amateur scientists? Full speed ahead, as in the past, and if a few more die than in a normal flu epidemic, then so be it. Sweden has successfully demonstrated this (note the irony). And if not, I ask you. If the mutation can never be controlled and only annually modified vaccinations provide relief, are you then also so generally sceptical and persist in your point?

I don’t claim to have the answers, if I did, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Nor do I claim to be a
doctor. Actually, just a few weeks before lockdowns, I asked my doctor
what he thought of this new virus and should I worry, he said it’s nothing to worry about, little did he know that shit was about to hit the fan.

I’m skeptical of both sides, lol.

No one knows. There’s no proof pointing to no effects or negative outcomes in the long term consequences of this mRNA vaccine on humans.

I’m not against people getting it, if that’s their choice. I just wish there had been long term studies on humans, which isn’t the case.

Belief is powerful. And if a doctor claims to have received it and that belief in their choice is enough for you to take that chance, then so be it. I’m not telling anyone what to or not to do.

As far as I can see, there’s chance in both choices people are taking, regarding receiving it or not.

I don’t claim to have the answers, if I did, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Nor do I claim to be a
doctor. Actually, just a few weeks before lockdowns, I asked my doctor
what he thought of this new virus and should I worry, he said it’s nothing to worry about, little did he know that shit was about to hit the fan.

I’m skeptical of both sides, lol.
Are you vaccinated for COVID at all?

Actually, I am a pessimsist but concerning vaccination I am an optimist (Call me morbid call me pale).

You’re lucky then. I wish the choice was that easy for me. I’ve lived a very healthy lifestyle, vegan, etc most of my life, never had any vaccine, not much time spent at all in hospitals because I look after myself and so, feel I’ve always made the right decisions just by following
my emotional intelligence in the choices I’ve made this far. So now I’m in a predicament due to too much conflicting information and pressure from every side.

Me ma said, I got me last vaccination in 1987 when the Smiths split up, so I am even more an optimist. YEAH, I am two-timer since May.

You’re lucky then. I wish the choice was that easy for me. I’ve lived a very healthy lifestyle, vegan, etc most of my life, never had any vaccine, not much time spent at all in hospitals because I look after myself and so, feel I’ve always made the right decisions just by following
my emotional intelligence in the choices I’ve made this far. So now I’m in a predicament due to too much conflicting information and pressure from every side.

Challenge here Ketamine is that it's looking more and more like you will have to live a restricted lifestyle unless you are jabbed, I'm off to my first gig for ages tomorrow night and I have to show my vaccine status to get in.

See my above post.
I understand. But COVID isn’t like most other diseases. It doesn’t give a crap about if you are healthy or not. It doesn’t discriminate. And also, by getting vaccinated you’re not only protecting yourself but others too. But yeah, I guess this is what you’re conflicted about.

About 30 years apparently.

Scientists are always developing & testing things without knowing what it'll turn out to be a cure for.

God knows what they were up to in the military labs.

I’m sorry maybe I read this wrong, please point it out to me if I missed it, but I found nothing giving proof that there would or would not be
the possibility of long term negative effects regarding the use
of the Covid mRNA vaccine .

“6. Brave human volunteers​

To gain regulatory approval, a vaccine has to be tested for safety and efficacy in healthy volunteers after being shown safe in animals. Fortunately, hundreds of thousands of people the world over agreed to take the vaccine candidates. Some got a placebo, so that real-life comparisons could be made. After analyzing the massive and detailed data from these volunteers, regulatory agencies gave their nod to the two mRNA vaccines. Importantly, those trial volunteers continue to be monitored for any long-term issues, and to find out how long the COVID-19 immunity lasts. “ :(

Challenge here Ketamine is that it's looking more and more like you will have to live a restricted lifestyle unless you are jabbed, I'm off to my first gig for ages tomorrow night and I have to show my vaccine status to get in.

Yes, I know.

Reward and punishment.

Is that a good enough reason to risk one’s health if not life. No one knows if there will or willl not be long term negative consequences due to having received this vaccine.

Agree,but I was saying that in general, science, for studies,etc are funded by government or organizations that have their own political bend, so science does have to play the game to whatever extent in getting money.
I think the one thing about following the money is all of the big players in creating the vaccines are public companies. They know they can make a ton of money if they succeed. They also know they could suffer massive losses if they make people worse. They have a lot to lose by f***ing it up and they care infinitely more about profits and stock prices than they do about politics.

See my above post.
Paul Goepfert, M.D., director of the Alabama Vaccine Research Clinic, has this to say:
“"Medicines you take every day can cause side effects" that reveal themselves over time, including long-term problems as levels of the drug build up in the body over months and years, Goepfert said. But "vaccines are just designed to deliver a payload and then are quickly eliminated by the body," he said. "This is particularly true of the mRNA vaccines. mRNA degrades incredibly rapidly. You wouldn't expect any of these vaccines to have any long-term side effects. And in fact, this has never occurred with any vaccine."
Of course it’s only one guy saying this, but at least it’s an educated statement made by an expert of the field.

Source: https://www.uab.edu/reporter/resour...de-effects-of-covid-vaccines-3-things-to-know

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom