Morrissey interview in El Pais (Apr. 26, 2015, Spanish)

An anonymous person posted the link:

Morrissey: “El pop ya no contiene exigencias intelectuales”
- El País
El controvertido músico británico regresa a España para actuar en Barcelona y en Murcia
By Rafa Cervera

Google Translate to English

Excerpt:

"I recently contacted some record and all have rejected me," he says before analyzing why their situation. "Pop music lives in the era of marketing and only leads to people with very low levels of competition, it is much easier to get rid of them once six months have evaporated fame". Here it is categorically clear that the option of crowdfunding was not made ​​for him: "It is a desperate measure, and insulting to your audience. We have already provided sufficient amounts of money. What is the next thing you're going to ask? What brush our teeth? ". The tours are by far their link with dedicated followers. "It's the only option left luckily me and is a very good and exciting. The only unpleasant part of this that whenever a concert is canceled the story captures attention; but if the concert took place, it would hardly be mentioned. Many people enjoy writing negative things about me. Which is fine with me. Let them go if it makes them happy. "

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
"No. The microphone is my tombstone."

It sounds as if his plans have changed again and as if now he wants to continue touring until the bitter end.

Omg moron, i'm not comparing Morrissey to his old self, i'am wondering what made him hateful against mankind. He has never loved or liked people, but what made his so hateful against in the later years. Its not that i do bit agree with him. I hate mankind too, to be honest.

Has someone hurt him very badly or is the modern times really getting to him

I think people have hurt him very badly so he's leery of all humanity and takes the bridge burn approach to exiting relationships. He needs to stop exiting relationships based on the whim of a trick. I don't like telling people what to do but he has to not do this.

I think people have hurt him very badly so he's leery of all humanity and takes the bridge burn approach to exiting relationships. He needs to stop exiting relationships based on the whim of a trick. I don't like telling people what to do but he has to not do this.
I belive that, when Morrissey starts to like someone, he really does it intensively. Loving that person and cherishing every word day say. So as soon as someone says something thats against his vision of them, he feels like he has been betrayed harshly. He needs to be a bit more forgiving. I know this because its exactly how i'am and it is not fair to people. Yes humans are quite disgusting, but we are one of them
He is a gentle soul that needs someone who shows him alot of patience and a great deal of unconditional love.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, but I can't find where to click to read that article in English on my stupid phone, can some kind soul help me please? I have no other opportunities to read it! Thanks!

Why would I waste an intelligent response on you?

Any more emojis?

Translation: you got bubkiss. You know what? Don't bother responding to me at all. It seems that you do don't have the mental capacity to have a conversation with me. Enjoy the rest of the day and please try to at least read a book or something.
Love Tynamuna

Translation: you got bubkiss. You know what? Don't bother responding to me at all. It seems that you do don't have the mental capacity to have a conversation with me. Enjoy the rest of the day and please try to at least read a book or something.
Love Tynamuna

You're being trolled! But you are too stupid to realise it.

I'm sorry, but I can't find where to click to read that article in English on my stupid phone, can some kind soul help me please? I have no other opportunities to read it! Thanks!

Et voilà!

Morrissey: "The pop no longer contains intellectual demands"

The controversial British musician returns to Spain to perform in Barcelona and Murcia
Morrissey, headlining the eighth SOS 4.8 Festival in Murcia

Few significant things have happened since the controversial Morrissey last visitase Spain , in the fall of 2014. Now, return to work in Barcelona (Wednesday) and Murcia (the Friday, May 1, at the SOS 4.8 festival ) . Since then, agrees to be interviewed via email option that eliminates the possibility of any further reply, absurd considering it is one of the few pop stars whose opinions always incite debate. But even in writing, Morrissey knows how to articulate his controversial character.

After a stormy exchange with the president of Harvest, the last label with which signed contract, Morrissey was orphaned seal. World peace is none of your business (2014), the album had just published, was withdrawn from the market. "I recently contacted some record and all have rejected me," he says before analyzing why their situation. "Pop music lives in the era of marketing and just leads to people with very low levels of competition, it is much easier to get rid of them once six months have evaporated fame". Here is categorically clear that the choice of crowdfunding was not made ​​for him: "It is a desperate measure, and insulting to your audience. We have already provided sufficient amounts of money. What is the next thing you're going to ask? What brush our teeth? ". The tours are by far their link with dedicated followers. "It's the only option left me and fortunately is very good and exciting. The only unpleasant part of this that whenever a concert is canceled the story captures attention; but if the concert took place, would hardly be mentioned. Many people enjoy writing negative things about me. Which is fine with me. Let them go if it makes them happy. "

Morrissey has always enjoyed cultivating their profile misfit, recalcitrant individualistic. It is something that has been conferred on magnetism from the Smiths, the ugly duckling turned swan singing Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now and Meat is murder, songs for a generation of young Britons trapped in the England of the ultraconservative lady Margaret Thatcher iron. "The relationship with my audience is beyond music, something that the media generally obviated. I mean never my audience as "fans" because I think a derogatory term. " Embodies a kind of idol that may not arise in these times. It belongs to an era in which the artist became a vital force that served as a handle to his audience, just as other artists played the same role with him. "This is and has always been so. If you mention my name, people or vomits or gets excited. It's a compliment because it means that, at least, are the original. Unfortunately, people who are original not belong anywhere. Of course, if I look around, maybe that's a good thing. "

At this point it is worth remembering what artist changed him life. "It was the New York Dolls . The discovered reading about them, their pictures excited me and his name surprised me because the word doll [doll] is feminine [panel was composed exclusively of men]. Everything about them seemed strong and very funny. His contemporaries, David Bowie and Roxy Music were never or hard or fun. The Dolls had cold blood, not thinking about building a career. His interviews were always very witty and David Bowie never made sense of humor. Spain censored the cover of the first album of the Dolls [photo in the group appeared dressed and made up as if they were prostitutes] because they thought the group photograph was too depraved! Ooooh, Spain! How could you? ". That it seems that Spain had called for a referendum to see whether or not the cover out when the reality is that the album, released in 1973, was published here coinciding with the time when the Franco curtailed freedoms with renewed strength of the Spaniards.

Best back to the present to know what you think about the state of pop music. Icon "very lightly" the term applies ". Lady Gaga is a pop star, Justin Bieber a hairball. Let's wait to see if they are still there in 30 years, to apply a reasonable time, if necessary, the category icon. Let's be patient and see what happens. Many bands that won Grammy and Brit Awards with ease had disappeared from the map 10 months later. Record companies who decide who is rewarded, and usually are wrong ". For him pop music will never be as it was in the past. "It does not contain intellectual demands, we are stuck with people like Ed Sheeran, who has nothing to say, or Sam Smith, who has been forced to achieve success seems embarrass you. The charts are full of singers artificially created whose interest may just take longer than a week. "

One of the positive things about the intransigence of the singer is possibly prevent Smiths are met, thus preserving his legend. "The meetings of old groups do not work because it is impossible to retain the spirit that once made people feel attracted to them. When we like a group or singer they do give our own interpretation and, for a matter of selfishness, we do not want to change. But change, and it should. After 20 years of career, a musician can no longer identify with the feeling of what it is to be an overwhelmed student. " Needless to ask about the possibilities of meeting his former group, but have heard at least the solo albums has recently made ​​Johnny Marr , former guitar and maximum complicit in the Smiths? "That question makes no sense. We separated 28 years ago and broke our friendship. We have no contact or know anything about each other. "

Since hates having around, Morrissey lives immersed in their world ("not my imagination would be like a vegetable"), but is no stranger to reality or their wildest circumstances. The Islamists crimes, for example. "Do not believe the attacks ISIS help swim, let them. I do not understand any kind of psychological warfare, and ISIS seem perfectly willing to send everything to hell. It's as if they want the world ended, which is childish, and it is absurd so much faith in a religion that enjoys both the violence. That said, it is hard to think of any religion that does not require conflict. Humans do not like each other. " With misanthropy, one of the key features of Morrissey, we have encountered. "I hate the human race and I think the world would get a lot out if humans became extinct. Usually we are stupid, ignorant and destructive. Of course there are exceptions, but not many! ". And then comes out the reason for much of his eternal chagrin, animal rights. "How can we live in this world without fainting? Is impossible. While there is a slaughterhouse, this world will be a place of shit. Belsen, Auschwitz, Spandau ... survive in every big city. The Jews have been replaced by animals. "

An interview with Morrissey, including email, is. Heated, narcissistic and extremist, fascinating even if the possibility of developing any answer is no. Who's gonna do it to dislike harder if possible, and who loves you, will want even more with each new phrase. That which we call political incorrectness invented him the day he was born. Morrissey, who at the end of the questionnaire, when asked if he is doing something other than music or literature responds tersely: "No. The microphone is my tombstone. "

didnt he fund the recording of world peace which helped him retain rights to the album which allowed him to take it with him when he left harvest?

no harvest paid for it. morrissey would never finance the recording of an album, if he did he would have recorded the new album already.
world peace was dead by the time the big fight occurred. dont think harvest cared to give it away.

no harvest paid for it. morrissey would never finance the recording of an album, if he did he would have recorded the new album already.
world peace was dead by the time the big fight occurred. dont think harvest cared to give it away.

Moz has the copywright to WPINOYB. He payed for the recording. You can see it here

http://dvd.box.sk/newsimg/dvdmov/max1405095678-back-cover.jpg

max1405095678-back-cover.jpg

Harvest had to market and distribute it and received a profitsharing.

This interview by Morrissey was a good one but quite dark and misanthropic even for Morrissey. The Johnny marr part was quit sad. A strong friendship broken, all together. I am amazed that he knows about so many contemporary artists.

it's obvious they are not friends anymore, but i don't believe Moz hasn't heard Johnny' solo albums or that he doesn't know anything about Johnny since the split or since after the court case

greyhound-550.jpg

Every spring, Spanish hunters kill thousands of healthy dogs -- and the owners are not brought to justice because hunting dogs are under Spanish laws classified as "working labor" and not as pets.

Please sign the petition before dogs are killed this spring to demand the government protect these animals.

Spanish hunting dogs include galgos (greyhounds), podencos, setters, pointers, and more. They are extremely gentle dogs who are good with people and eager to please. Owners kill their hunting dogs when they "embarrass" their owners by losing races. They are deemed no longer useful and their owners no longer want to feed them.

One common way of killing these dogs is to hang the dogs by the neck just high enough so that they have to support themselves using their back legs.

Eventually, the dogs get too tired to stand any longer, so they collapse and hang themselves, slowly dying in agony and terror. It's called "The Typewriter" because of the noise the dogs' nails make as they skitter frantically on the ground, trying to get free.

Other times, hunters abandon the dogs to starve to death or shoot them.

Cruelty towards pets is illegal, but these hunters are rarely punished for this horrifying abuse because hunting dogs are not legally protected as pets. In fact, some don't even know that it is outlawed, since people have been murdering their dogs in this way for generations.

It's outrageous that people aren't punished for these cruel killings. The laws need to protect these dogs and police need to arrest the hunters who mishandle and murder these animals.

Please sign the petition to demand that the authorities crack down on the practice, before more hunters slaughter these helpless animals this spring.

Thank you,

Emily L.
The Care2 Petitions Team

There's plenty of room for interpretation/mistranslation - witness the cancer scrapings quotation. In English there would be no doubt about the provenance and meaning. I see this as a way of preserving some mystery.

P.

Which is smaller your world or your brain? He can preserve "the mystery" perfectly well himself without the need of poor translation. Witness his entire career. There couldn't be a genuine reason to speak to a (spits on the floor) non english speaking publication after all could there? The only real mystery here is you, what is the point of you exactly? You are a snide, like a bitter ex-girlfriend or an unhappy pig grunting at the moon. Nobody cares how you "see this" because your sight is long since glazed over with a deafening yearning to scream "I told you so" at Morrissey because (sniff) he broke your middle-aged teenage heart and never said sorry. Move on, grow up, f*** off.

As usual, I couldn't agree with you more BB. That same stereotypical " Fan" has also driven away other genuine people who just loved the music.There are people with deeper and wider interests but the only ones who get pandered to are the same mental people time and again.To be honest, I 've always wondered if a lot of those people were spoiled brats as there are a lot of people who can't afford to be so indulgent in life or even if they could they might have more variety in their life .It's also annoying constantly seeing the same rich fan always being favored. I guess money is the only thing that can buy you acknowledgement. Personally, I think most of it is self centered. His persona really does cultivate a lot of overly obsessive sick minded people who aren't that pleasant .

He thanks those who traipse around the world to watch the same show and clearly sees that as a sign of his musical performances being extraordinary, rather than that the people who do it are largely disturbed and delusional. We've all see the Entitlement Agenda of those who assume the show cannot possibly proceed unless their gormless faces are staring directly into Morrissey's equally gormless face in a show of mutual, co-dependent cult-casuality mentality. We all thought he was being ironic when he fatuously labelled The Smith's audience as 'disciples'. In the years since we've come to realise he's actually quite unhinged with regard to the meaning of his performances.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Get rid of his fans? Why would he do that?

Do you actually know any of the list personally? I do, and some of them are the kindest people I've ever met, who truly love him and his work. This is on par with you reviewing and commenting on the attendance of shows you weren't even at.

I do not associate with delusional 'fans', however I have seen these people working together to push and barge their way to the very front so they can 'reassure' Morrissey that he's precious and special, just in case he's having an off-night and phoning it in. I'm sure they're kind as they munch on their Cheesy Panini's. Go away.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Rafa Cervera, the Spanish journalist who interviewed him, says that it's absurd that Morrissey gives interviews by e-mail. We'll Mr Cevera, if you think that, why did you waste your ti e with e-mails? I think Morrissey is right to do so, as in the past so many journalists have edited and twisted his words. I think it's more ABSURD the way you think. Move with the times!!

The journalist is party to this whole scam of 'mystery-making' by agreeing not to publish the original english replies this starting the nonsense of people Google-translating the fcuk out of his replies. Did Morrissey reply in Spanish? Of course not. In all these silly web interviews in other languages, he replies in English to English question but insists that his original answers are NOT published so that his main audience in the UK/USA are trolled into Google Translate mash-ups of his pseudo-profundities. Game over, Morrissey. Try something fresh, FFS.

best
BB

Last edited:
greyhound-550.jpg

Every spring, Spanish hunters kill thousands of healthy dogs -- and the owners are not brought to justice because hunting dogs are under Spanish laws classified as "working labor" and not as pets.

Please sign the petition before dogs are killed this spring to demand the government protect these animals.

Spanish hunting dogs include galgos (greyhounds), podencos, setters, pointers, and more. They are extremely gentle dogs who are good with people and eager to please. Owners kill their hunting dogs when they "embarrass" their owners by losing races. They are deemed no longer useful and their owners no longer want to feed them.

One common way of killing these dogs is to hang the dogs by the neck just high enough so that they have to support themselves using their back legs.

Eventually, the dogs get too tired to stand any longer, so they collapse and hang themselves, slowly dying in agony and terror. It's called "The Typewriter" because of the noise the dogs' nails make as they skitter frantically on the ground, trying to get free.

Other times, hunters abandon the dogs to starve to death or shoot them.

Cruelty towards pets is illegal, but these hunters are rarely punished for this horrifying abuse because hunting dogs are not legally protected as pets. In fact, some don't even know that it is outlawed, since people have been murdering their dogs in this way for generations.

It's outrageous that people aren't punished for these cruel killings. The laws need to protect these dogs and police need to arrest the hunters who mishandle and murder these animals.

Please sign the petition to demand that the authorities crack down on the practice, before more hunters slaughter these helpless animals this spring.

Thank you,

Emily L.
The Care2 Petitions Team

Oh, how upsetting for you! Go and console yourself with a Cheezy Panini. "Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs and Wear Cows". You are the definition of a Cheesetarian Crank-Fraud cult casualty, absurdly believing the animals and birds 'speak' to you whilst you stuff your face with cheese biscuits made from the residue of their slaughtered friends. You are a Vegetarian Carnist and, like Morrissey, you stance on animal rights is a crock of shit. He still hasn't publicly announced he's committing to Veganism. Such bollocks.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Which is smaller your world or your brain? He can preserve "the mystery" perfectly well himself without the need of poor translation. Witness his entire career. There couldn't be a genuine reason to speak to a (spits on the floor) non english speaking publication after all could there? The only real mystery here is you, what is the point of you exactly? You are a snide, like a bitter ex-girlfriend or an unhappy pig grunting at the moon. Nobody cares how you "see this" because your sight is long since glazed over with a deafening yearning to scream "I told you so" at Morrissey because (sniff) he broke your middle-aged teenage heart and never said sorry. Move on, grow up, f*** off.

Do you seriously think Morrissey reads and speaks Spanish? That the questions arrive in his in-box in Spanish? And that he replies in Spanish? Total bullshite. He gets questions in English and replies in English but stipulates only the translated versions of his replies are published to create 'mystery' amongst his clueless cult casualty 'fans'. Except there is no mystery, he's just trolling his Audience. Again. Has he nothing better to do?

best
BB

Bravo. Seconded.

AMEN to you! I wanna have your babies. Skinny is a f***ing dick and a coward, plain and simple.

He thanks those who traipse around the world to watch the same show and clearly sees that as a sign of his musical performances being extraordinary, rather than that the people who do it are largely disturbed and delusional. We've all see the Entitlement Agenda of those who assume the show cannot possibly proceed unless their gormless faces are staring directly into Morrissey's equally gormless face in a show of mutual, co-dependent cult-casuality mentality. We all thought he was being ironic when he fatuously labelled The Smith's audience as 'disciples'. In the years since we've come to realise he's actually quite unhinged with regard to the meaning of his performances.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

I do not associate with delusional 'fans', however I have seen these people working together to push and barge their way to the very front so they can 'reassure' Morrissey that he's precious and special, just in case he's having an off-night and phoning it in. I'm sure they're kind as they munch on their Cheesy Panini's. Go away.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

The journalist is party to this whole scam of 'mystery-making' by agreeing not to publish the original english replies this starting the nonsense of people Google-translating the fcuk out of his replies. Did Morrissey reply in Spanish? Of course not. In all these silly web interviews in other languages, he replies in English to English question but insists that his original answers are NOT published so that his main audience in the UK/USA are trolled into Google Translate mash-ups of his pseudo-profundities. Game over, Morrissey. Try something fresh, FFS.

best
BB

If you bothered going to a show you would know the guest list is walked in by security before the doors open and therefore they do not push to the front. The people who push are people who didn't even queue to get to the front.

Back
Top Bottom