Morrissey mentioned in Huffington Post ad

G

goinghome

There's a reference to Morrissey in a listing for Damien Dempsey's show at Schuba's Chicago on 5th September.

- Damien Dempsey is an Irish singer-songwriter who's found a massive following in Europe and a champion in Morrissey, whose vanity label released Dempsey's second album, Seize The Day, in 2004. Shockingly, the Moz's endorsement did not register with middle America, and Dempsey's subsequent albums--including the new The Rocky Road--haven't registered on these shores outside a small cadre of listeners. In the U.K, however, the multi-Meteor Music Award winner (that's an Irish Grammy) has seen his previous three albums hit the Top 10.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/05/get-your-morrissey-fix-pr_n_124212.html

I was there :) NRitH taped it :guitar:

I can't believe the power Damo puts out, his voice and guitar...thundering :cool: I voted him Morrissey's best opening act. :)

Damo and Morrissey my 2 favourite artists

NRITH

Did you record this sir?

cossy

He will be back online tomorrow when he gets home (so he sez) and YES, he did record it, cossy :)

thanks corrissey.

he has shared a few damo shows before so hopefully he will upload this one

cossy:)

thanks corrissey.

he has shared a few damo shows before so hopefully he will upload this one

He said the first song or two may not be so good as he had to turn down his mic (too loud/distortion) as we were front row, literally 3 ft from Damo. I tried not to clap or woo hoo too much as NRitH was sitting next to me. ;)

Damien certainly has a following in Chicago. Great crowd. The three random people I talked to at the show were all Irish. btw, we are halfway to St. Pats Day :) I cannot get The Rocky Road to Dublin out of my head today :guitar:

He said the first song or two may not be so good as he had to turn down his mic (too loud/distortion) as we were front row, literally 3 ft from Damo. I tried not to clap or woo hoo too much as NRitH was sitting next to me. ;)

Damien certainly has a following in Chicago. Great crowd. The three random people I talked to at the show were all Irish. btw, we are halfway to St. Pats Day :) I cannot get The Rocky Road to Dublin out of my head today :guitar:

ah we love him here in dublin i saw him 2 weeks ago in all seater show at the very plush National Concert Hall...brilliant night. I am getting married in 3 weeks and we are having damos version of rainy night in soho as our first song....its perfect.

moz was at damos concert in cork the night before his irish shows in june.

glad you had a good night

ah we love him here in dublin i saw him 2 weeks ago in all seater show at the very plush National Concert Hall...brilliant night. I am getting married in 3 weeks and we are having damos version of rainy night in soho as our first song....its perfect.

moz was at damos concert in cork the night before his irish shows in june.

glad you had a good night

Aww! :sweet: Sweet song, perfect for your day. Congrats! I hope the last minute planning/details of your day -and the day itself- goes well.

Before the show first started, he asked if anyone was a "Damo virgin" and NRitH and Pregs both pointed at me (he didn't see it, thankfully) and I had to remind them that I had seen Damo open for Moz :rolleyes: :D

I don't think I knew Moz was at his June show. Or maybe I did and just forgot ;) To see a show like that in Ireland would be a dream come true. Just to go to Ireland is on my to-do list. I will look you up. :)

Aww! :sweet: Sweet song, perfect for your day. Congrats! I hope the last minute planning/details of your day -and the day itself- goes well.

Before the show first started, he asked if anyone was a "Damo virgin" and NRitH and Pregs both pointed at me (he didn't see it, thankfully) and I had to remind them that I had seen Damo open for Moz :rolleyes: :D

I don't think I knew Moz was at his June show. Or maybe I did and just forgot ;) To see a show like that in Ireland would be a dream come true. Just to go to Ireland is on my to-do list. I will look you up. :)

thanks for your good wishes:)

damo playing vicar street in December so get saving:)

first drink on me

cossy;)

I thought Damo was trying to break America.Why is he playing all these Irish dates?

DECEMBER 2008
2 - Bantry, The Mariner
3 - Limerick, Dolans
4 - Clonmel, O'Keefe's
6 - Galway, Roisin Dubh
7 - Ballymahon, Bog Lane Theatre
11 - Clonakilty, Debarras
14 - Waterford, Electric Avenue
17 - Dublin, Vicar Street tickets on sale from September 5th at 9AM
NOVEMBER 2008
2 - Athlone, Passion Fruit Theatre

THE FOLLOWING SHOWS ARE SHARON SHANNON AND THE BIG BAND DATES IN THE UK. DAMIEN WILL BE GUESTING WITH THE BIG BAND

6 - Newcastle, Black Swan
7 - Inverness, Hootananny's
8 - Ullapool, The Arch
9 - Glasgow, ABC2
13 - Birmingham, Irish Centre
14 - Manchester, Irish Centre
15 - London, Borderline
16 - London, Borderline

Continuation of Damien's own tour

22 - Drogheda, McHugh's
23 - Celbridge, Sentanta House
25 - Monaghan, The Brewery
26 - Castlebar, The Linen Hall
28 - Tullamore, The Thatch
29 - Dundalk, Spirit Store
30 - Belfast, Empire
OCTOBER 2008
1 - Limerick, University of Limerick (STUDENTS ONLY)
3 - Mullingar, The Stables
4 - Cork, Savoy (Cork Folk Festival)
8 - Balleyboffey, Balor Arts Centre
9 - Sligo, The Clarence
11 - Cloughanover, Campbells' Tavern
17 - Newcastle (UK), Tyneside Irish Festival
23 - Thurles, The Source Arts Centre
24 - Navan, The Backroom Sessions at the Lantern Bar
25 - Castleblayney, Iontas
31 - Liverpool, The Picket
SEPTEMBER 2008
2 - St. Louis, MO - Blueberry Hill
4 - Milwaukee, WI - Shank Hall
5 - Chicago, IL - Schubas
6 - Minneapolis, MN - The Cedar
7 - NYC - Mercury Lounge
26 - Culdaff McGrory's
27 - Ennis Glor

he wont be conquering america with this tour obviously:o

April 2008
20 - Milwaukee, WI Shank Hall
22 - Ann Arbor, MI The Ark
23 - Chicago, IL Schubas Tavern
24 - Toronto, ON Horseshoe Tavern
25 - New York, NY The Knitting Factory
26 - Philadelphia, PA Upstairs World Cafe Live
29 - Decatur, GA Eddie's Attic
30 - Vienna, VA Jammin' Java

May 2008
2 - Pawling, New York Towne Crier Cafe
4 - Cambridge, MA - TT The Bear's

Damo supporting The Swell Season (Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova) on the following dates
5 - Kansas City, MO - The Uptown Theatre
6 - St. Louis, MO - The Pageant Theatre
7 - Minneapolis, MN -The Orpheum Theatre
8 - Milwaukee, WI - Riverside Theatre
10 - Royal Oak, MI - The Royal Oak Music Theatre
11- Cleveland, OH -Playhouse Square

busy boy this year....

Back
Top Bottom