Moz Vector

Peter, I'm guessing you are using either Illustrator's auto trace or Corel Draw.

Fun, isn't it?

Vector is great because instead of pixels, you lines and shapes are based on a mathematical sequence based on a series of points. Therefore, when scaled, either larger or smaller, the quality stays the same because it will reduce or enlarge proportionally.

In raster images, you can subtract pixels but you cannot add them back in once reduced.

Nope, not using either of those - I'll reveal all (it's so easy, I'm not doing anything clever at all!!)) after I've put Bona Drag and Interesting Drug up.

Peter

Shame you can't but them as a picture. I've seen loads of them for other singers and rock stars but never Morrissey.

Last two for now...

2359191098_99f0867160_o.png

2359191348_36f8384696_o.png

So, you choose an image - I nicked most from Flax's superb site. Then I use GIMP to resize the image and convert to Bitmap. Then I go to Vector Magic, which is superb, and upload the bitmap. Fiddle around with the controls a bit, download the picture. Use GIMP again to take the VectorMagic text off, and hey presto, there you are. The results seem to be best with the simpler images. Good for T-Shirts I would have thought.

Peter

Last edited:
If anyone has Photoshop, there is a filter that will produce similar results. It's called "cutout". You can adjust the levels for more or less detail. Just an fyi.

p.s. as noted this will produce sizing limitations due to the rasterized nature of the image.

So, you choose an image - I nicked most from Flax's superb site. Then I use GIMP to resize the image and convert to Bitmap. Then I go to Vector Magic, which is superb, and upload the bitmap. Fiddle around with the controls a bit, download the picture. Use GIMP again to take the VectorMagic text off, and hey presto, there you are. The results seem to be best with the simpler images. Good for T-Shirts I would have thought.

Peter

It sure would. In fact, if you choose to save it as eps, it can be opened in a vector editing program like Corel or Illustrator and it could be edited i.e. color changes, removing jagged points or color separations.

This is an unedited version shown here. Thank you, uncleskinny.

mrmozjpgbm5.jpg

Last edited:
It sure would. In fact, if you choose to save it as eps, it can be opened in a vector editing program like Corel or Illustrator and it could be edited i.e. color changes, removing jagged points or color separations.

This is an unedited version shown here. Thank you, uncleskinny.

mrmozjpgws5.jpg

Oh my, that is rather splendid:)

Peter

If anyone has Photoshop, there is a filter that will produce similar results. It's called "cutout". You can adjust the levels for more or less detail. Just an fyi.

p.s. as noted this will produce sizing limitations due to the rasterized nature of the image.

Oh yes, most definitely. Great filters in photoshop. I was recently fooling around with the photocopy filter with some photos I was given for an annual report. By using that filter and then hitting the Sharpen More command, I was able to turn some otherwise crap photos into some good old fashion line screens.

As a student back in the early 80s, a popular way to use photos was to use a copier machine. Back then, they didn't really pick up grey scales too well, but bycopying that photo, then copying that same copy, the image would degenerate into its simpliest forms. You could then make a camera shot and voila -- cool art.

alma matters please please please

thank you uncle
fab shirt pattern indeed
this is my fave pic of him

Tags
aynim moz vector
Back
Top Bottom