My new single just arrived and.....

i'll upload it for you when I get home from work tonight if nobody has done it by then

Eternally greatful if you could!

Yeah im really curious to hear what everyone is complaining about, i've only heard poor quality recordings of the live version of playboys, but its still sounded great, that coupled with it as my fav song .. im surprised, hopefully can judge for myself soon!

Eternally greatful if you could!

Yeah im really curious to hear what everyone is complaining about, i've only heard poor quality recordings of the live version of playboys, but its still sounded great, that coupled with it as my fav song .. im surprised, hopefully can judge for myself soon!

Indeed, i am hoping to judge for myself too, after this lecture i'm in at the moment finishes (Morrissey, you are distracting me from my work) i'm popping down to the old HMV in Wrexam centre and purchasing a copy of the old (yet vibrant) Moz single. Am going to get both the CD and vinyl, which i'm pressuming at least most of you, if not all, will be doing too?? Even if you haven't got a vinyl player? I have vinyl player, cos the vinyl kicks butt :)

Last edited:
Indeed, i am hoping to judge for myself too, after this lecture i'm in at the moment finishes (Morrissey, you are distracting me from my work) i'm popping down to the old HMV in Wrexam centre and purchasing a copy of the old (yet vibrant) Moz single. Am going to get both the CD and vinyl, which i'm pressuming at least most of you, if not all, will be doing too?? Even if you haven't got a vinyl player? I have vinyl player, cos the vinyl kicks butt :)

I usually do that too but my local HMV is so skanky that they havent got it :rolleyes:

I guess live version are just for people that have listened to Morrissey for so long and can decipher between the little differences and be all excited by them :)

Where did you get that hillarious ice cream video from? Is great to see mOz cracking up :D hehe heh :)

You're a legend, many many thanks! I don't think im even gonna bother trying to get Boy with a thorn ... mostly cos if its this tough to get a cd track then a record track will be impossible haha although i cant talk really, if i could buy the record theres no way i'd be able to get it onto the computer.

Just had a listen to it ... not sure why people bag it so much .. besides sounding a little sluggish it's pretty awesome! Maybe not the best song on the night, but still! Certainly a different quality recording to the last few releases which has sounded like stuff from Earl's court ... it's a bit fuzzier or something. Thanks again!

Well, today I TRIED to buy the single on CD but unfortunately no shop i went to had it available to buy. :mad: grrrr
I know most people can buy/download online if they so wish, but I much prefer owning the physical CD. Oh well, i'll get it eventually. :cool:

Well, today I TRIED to buy the single on CD but unfortunately no shop i went to had it available to buy. :mad: grrrr
I know most people can buy/download online if they so wish, but I much prefer owning the physical CD. Oh well, i'll get it eventually. :cool:

I couldn't find the CD either??:confused:I wanted it so i could put the recorded verson on my computer- because i still don't know how to download.

I also ordered from recordstore which arrived last Saturday.

Good to know both Sister Ray and recordstore still offer £5 bundle.

Does anyone know if this is on general release? I recall reading in here that it's not available in HMv and I check ed woolworths and nothing there either - thats pretty poor it has to be said, and will have a massive effect on record sales if true (in fact, so much so, I'd say it wont even crack the top 20).

Does anyone know if this is on general release? I recall reading in here that it's not available in HMv and I check ed woolworths and nothing there either - thats pretty poor it has to be said, and will have a massive effect on record sales if true (in fact, so much so, I'd say it wont even crack the top 20).
Not available in any shop in leeds either!

I was moaning on here earlier that you can never get them in HMV, but I went in at lunch time and they actually had it on all 3 formats, the cd and two 7". I thought the cd would be available in a proper cover but its in a cardboard sleeve.

I was quite suprised as the last few singles he had werent available in there

Mine arrived today. Just the CD, cause I have no Vinyls at all.
Well, what can I say? All in all I like it.
I´m surprised how much I like THPGU now, after listened to it many times over the whole day. (But I still don´t like the beginning.)
And TLOTFIP... yes, the sound is awful. Plus it would have been nice to have a recording from another song cause I´ve heard that one sooo often, but that´s my personal opinion. So i´m not very fond of it, but it´s not like ruining the whole CD or something like that.

And yes, actually THPGU is not new to me, and yes, there are just 2 songs on it. But those are things I knew and saw when I ordered it, it´s not like opening it and "surprise surprise"... I´m a little bit disappointed, but nobody dragged me to buy it. So I wouldn´t feel ripped of.

All in all:

- quite good song (though I'm sure it's fairly safe to say 'not his best')
- like the cover image, works well
- AWFUL live version of Playboys, and I LOVE that song
- decent (iTunes) version of Grow Up
- love the fake-Vinyl design of the CD

Would anyone else have preferred the free live version of Irish Blood that was available online recently?
Makes for a MUCH punchier live sing-a-long than the version of Playboys they chose to include, if you're gonna include a rock-y live version of an old song at least use a good version.

Couldn't find it anywhere in town...going to have to go into Manchester to get it instead

Back
Top Bottom