Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium (May 28, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / Speedway / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Certain People I Know / Let Me Kiss You / Trouble Loves Me / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / Istanbul / Yes, I Am Blind / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder / The National Front Disco // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by ThievesLikeUs.

• Image gallery on flickr (4 total) posted by FDR.

nashville.jpg
  • CrowdAlbum:

Last edited:
Memphis and Nashville Shows: This show was great up until the Meat Is Murder visuals came on which was 3 songs before it was over, we should have walked out after that song. I knew what the song was about before going and I really don't need the visuals to go along with it, I can use my own imagination. I grew up in the country around farms, my family and I have seen things unlike many of the fans have seen or even Morrissey has seen...and though he is correct this happens, the animal farm videos he showed looked from the 70's, there's better practices...those animals are breed purposely for food, not for pets. Why even show this? Nobody wants to see cats and dogs euthanized at the Humane Society either. Although if everyone in this World quits eating meat we would be in dire straits, even in trouble and the human race could cease to exist!

Take for example: the rabbit infestation of Australia that took place in the early 1900's, still fighting it today. The introduction and population of those rabbits were devastating, suspected of being the most significant known factor in species loss in Australia due to vegetation loss. Rabbits often kill young trees in orchards, forests, and on properties and are also responsible for serious erosion problems, as they eat native plants, leaving the topsoil exposed and vulnerable to sheet, gully, and wind erosion. The removal of this topsoil is devastating to the land, as it takes many hundreds of years to regenerate. This does not help Australian's dust bowl problem as was also the case in the SW United States too.

The Memphis show really turned us off in a big way, made my wife and I ultra mad, she's even vegetarian but does not want this thrown in her face either, and his opinion and political views are flawed in so many ways. I'm not a fan anymore and could care less about this dimwit, and we did not need the pep rally from Mr. PETA spokesperson himself. We both felt like we went into a radical leftist political rally or convention which it clearly ended up being, a big Liberal PETA-fest! Gag. We will never go see this festival again. We both love animals dearly and we never want to see anything harmed in any way but we both felt completely insulted by this also. How dare Morrissey tell my Wife an I that we commit murder as he prances and dances on stage with his leather shoes. Yes, his shoes did not look plastic in any way and I hope those weren't leather guitar straps either? We just wanted to be musically entertained, nothing more. I hate it when musicians think that they are politicians. This was totally unacceptable.

Only thing not included was live blood and carcasses. The band forgot to dead carcasses into the audience to try and make their point clearer?! This isn't the 60's or Woodstock anymore. This wasn't the only turn off from the Memphis show. There were these poser roadies (with iron on tattoos) that stood in front of us the whole time (they were following Morrissey's road caravan like it's the Grateful Dead or something ha-ha...NOT! I've been to The Grateful Dead and everyone is kind there, not these posers) which was BS because we had FRONT ROW seats! A Complete and Lack Luster of Lame Security didn't do much about it either, they just shook their silly head and shrugged their shoulders. Because of this there were empty seats behind us in the Orchestra Pit section that went unused, such a pity since so many people could have used those empty spots & wasted seats.

A disaster concert in every way, a real shame really because we were so excited about it for several months prior, looking forward to front row, etc. We both went in with excitement and left madly disappointed in every way imaginable! Even the setlist sucked! It could have been a better setlist too. They also could have done without the blood filled videos. Why stop there!? Why not top it off with dead carcasses thrown into the audience later? Between the crummy setlist, blood filled Meat Is Murder videos, and Morrissey Poser Roadies with "Press-On Tattoos", along with the PETA rally; Paid way too much for hotel, tickets, and driving to Memphis. Never again. Viva Hate Morrissey. He's a real Douchbag and so were the "Wanna Be Tough Guy Posers with Iron-On Tattoos taking up the front row when they weren't supposed to Posers!"

Ha ha Have to agree! You know that feeling when someone breaks into your home and steals your shit, then abuses your ass crack. That's the feeling we got after the show was over.

Well that sounds like another good night.

I have to say that I like the frenchies. They have the attitude of the french and are polite like the french, but they dont deserve too much bad press. I think I remember one during the filming of Introducing Morrissey in ....

So there are bigger things afoot here:
1. The new amazing album is out soon
2. The usa has a few dates to go but the UK tour is going to be amazing for us folks here in the wet
3. The band are sounding great
4. The best drummer is back
5. The keyboards are still sounding great.
6. Boz has done a fine job. Well done Boz, just so talented
7. Bass and lead guitars sound sharp and tight.
8. Morrissey has done a grand job getting himself back on stage and has some great new songs,
9. Mike Joyce might be posting but it will be negative.

Last of all, Kristeen Young is sounding great too (and also has a great new album out) and still plays the piano with style and class
- go girl.

In fact, I could be dreaming but this feels just like 2000-6 all over again !

Hazard

You shouldn't waste a positive outlook like this on being anonymous! :)

Memphis and Nashville Shows: This show was great up until the Meat Is Murder visuals came on which was 3 songs before it was over, we should have walked out after that song. I knew what the song was about before going and I really don't need the visuals to go along with it, I can use my own imagination. I grew up in the country around farms, my family and I have seen things unlike many of the fans have seen or even Morrissey has seen...and though he is correct this happens, the animal farm videos he showed looked from the 70's, there's better practices...those animals are breed purposely for food, not for pets. Why even show this? Nobody wants to see cats and dogs euthanized at the Humane Society either. Although if everyone in this World quits eating meat we would be in dire straits, even in trouble and the human race could cease to exist!

Take for example: the rabbit infestation of Australia that took place in the early 1900's, still fighting it today. The introduction and population of those rabbits were devastating, suspected of being the most significant known factor in species loss in Australia due to vegetation loss. Rabbits often kill young trees in orchards, forests, and on properties and are also responsible for serious erosion problems, as they eat native plants, leaving the topsoil exposed and vulnerable to sheet, gully, and wind erosion. The removal of this topsoil is devastating to the land, as it takes many hundreds of years to regenerate. This does not help Australian's dust bowl problem as was also the case in the SW United States too.

The Memphis show really turned us off in a big way, made my wife and I ultra mad, she's even vegetarian but does not want this thrown in her face either, and his opinion and political views are flawed in so many ways. I'm not a fan anymore and could care less about this dimwit, and we did not need the pep rally from Mr. PETA spokesperson himself. We both felt like we went into a radical leftist political rally or convention which it clearly ended up being, a big Liberal PETA-fest! Gag. We will never go see this festival again. We both love animals dearly and we never want to see anything harmed in any way but we both felt completely insulted by this also. How dare Morrissey tell my Wife an I that we commit murder as he prances and dances on stage with his leather shoes. Yes, his shoes did not look plastic in any way and I hope those weren't leather guitar straps either? We just wanted to be musically entertained, nothing more. I hate it when musicians think that they are politicians. This was totally unacceptable.

Only thing not included was live blood and carcasses. The band forgot to dead carcasses into the audience to try and make their point clearer?! This isn't the 60's or Woodstock anymore. This wasn't the only turn off from the Memphis show. There were these poser roadies (with iron on tattoos) that stood in front of us the whole time (they were following Morrissey's road caravan like it's the Grateful Dead or something ha-ha...NOT! I've been to The Grateful Dead and everyone is kind there, not these posers) which was BS because we had FRONT ROW seats! A Complete and Lack Luster of Lame Security didn't do much about it either, they just shook their silly head and shrugged their shoulders. Because of this there were empty seats behind us in the Orchestra Pit section that went unused, such a pity since so many people could have used those empty spots & wasted seats.

A disaster concert in every way, a real shame really because we were so excited about it for several months prior, looking forward to front row, etc. We both went in with excitement and left madly disappointed in every way imaginable! Even the setlist sucked! It could have been a better setlist too. They also could have done without the blood filled videos. Why stop there!? Why not top it off with dead carcasses thrown into the audience later? Between the crummy setlist, blood filled Meat Is Murder videos, and Morrissey Poser Roadies with "Press-On Tattoos", along with the PETA rally; Paid way too much for hotel, tickets, and driving to Memphis. Never again. Viva Hate Morrissey. He's a real Douchbag and so were the "Wanna Be Tough Guy Posers with Iron-On Tattoos taking up the front row when they weren't supposed to Posers!"
How could you possibly be a fan of Morrissey and be surprised or taken aback by his views on animal rights? I could understand if you were given tickets to the show and did not know anything about him but really? I must admit the videos surprised me since this was my first Morrissey show but I just chose to look away. I didn't look away 10 years ago when I saw footage on CNN of slaughterhouse workers beating and stomping chickens and that made me instantly go veg. So if one person saw the footage that night and decided to make a change I say good for Morrissey. I'm glad we still have public figures who are not afraid to open someone's eyes to the evils of this world.

Although if everyone in this World quits eating meat we would be in dire straits, even in trouble and the human race could cease to exist!

Sorry, but this is just dead f***ing wrong. And silly. Are you seriously saying isolated incidents of animal overpopulation are more dangerous than the planet-destroying power of industrial farming? Do some research, friend.

"Agriculture, particularly meat and dairy products, accounts for 70% of global freshwater consumption, 38% of the total land use and 19% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions"...

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2010/jun/02/un-report-meat-free-diet

Last edited:
I will be so sad if Morrissey does not sing Everyday Is Like Sunday in Atlanta. That song is everything to me!

I even wore my "Every Day Is Silent and Grey" shirt for the occasion :( I would have loved one of those Morrissey Crew shirts the Merch vendors and roadies were wearing

So, one of our society members tried to present Morrissey with a blue rose during the show, but he ignored it and did not take it.

This is okay--he is not going to take one every time!

L00k for the signs!

If he takes the rose - it's a sign!
If he doesn't take the rose - it's a sign!
Look for the signs!

Wow, Moz shows one 6 min long vid and the whole concert is ruined?

I'm veg, but I just look away and listen to the music as I don't like to see animals harmed.

Doesn't turn me off of him or the show in the least. The fact that he has the balls to do something so controversial is awesome to me.

Oh FFS he doesn't wear leather. There were venue mployees send home from a show for wearing leather shoes.

There are aome very good vegan shoes that do not look like plastic. How ignorant are you?

Matt's mirroring him. "My friend, sits at the drums..."

14292332461_f42fa39957_z.jpg

Ha ha Have to agree! You know that feeling when someone breaks into your home and steals your shit, then abuses your ass crack. That's the feeling we got after the show was over.

The only one being abused is the guy with the mike but he enjoys it.

Look for the signs!

Yes it is a sign that these people are acting like cult members and as though they are the only fans who are capable of listening to or understanding Morrissey. Never mind that they routinely reiterate their made up story about the Blue Rose Society when in fact they started fawning over blue roses because an anonymous poster on that other blog site posted something about blue roses and they thought it was a good gimmick at the time . They have since acted like douches to other people and want your attention so they in turn will gain more attention. They aren't nice people .When confronted about what they did they accused the person of whining which is really rude and covered up their BS with lies. The person who said it is also a very sweet person so they aren't even right with that either.It should be the BS society and telling the truth does not make a person crazy.LYING like they have does. If they were truly so kind and so nice and somehow more elevated of human beings why on earth would they sit there trying to bully someone for calling them out on their shit ? Just saying.
It's lame. Please think for yourself and be your own person. You don't have to do something the way someone else wants you to or believe things a certain way just to appease someone else. It's pretty crappy. Please ignore these people .It doesn't matter if Morrissey had anything to do with it anyways. He wouldn't brain f*** his doctors in a medical emergency or allow someone to mishandle his own personal crap on purpose. It's OK to mess with fans though according to these people . Kind makes no sense for someone who claims to not trust people and is allegedly "Sensitive" to allow that kind of behavior to continue. When I see a blue rose I think wow what a jerk. How totally rude and disrespectful these fake " Kind" cult people are.I suppose wealthy, heartless people need to have their games too.That's great. It gets free publicity for him too and people are working for free.Go Figure.

Look for the signs!

Please be yourself. Not what other people dictate you should be . If you believed in this or not you should not have to be dictated to or stalked on Twitter by the head goon to express your fandom.Ask someone who no longer follows the group those things at least one of them can tell you they get badgered by goon patrol regularly. It's kind of crazy.Yet somehow anyone who tells the truth about this is crazy. Why? Because they said something .THAT MAKES NO SENSE. They don't even know that person well at all.One of them thought the person who initially mentioned blue roses on that blog was MORRISSEY at one time early on . That person was not Morrissey it was a woman who was a fan for a long time. He of course will not admit this now but it is the truth. Oh yeah and they also will be nasty to that person for saying the truth.They are not nice people and you should not have to conform to some guidelines on how to be based on this .

Another anonymous poster.

I have no desire to see Moz in concert. I've seen him 7 times already and been underwhelmed the last 4.

If 'You should have been nice to me' was in the set, I'd go. It is well within his 'do not over exert oneself' range.

Moz solo regulars can shit on James all they want, but Tim Booth always puts on a show, both vocally and physically.

'You should have been nice to me', 'will never marry', 'at amber', 'disappointed', 'sister I'm a poet', 'why don't you find out for yourself', ...

I've missed many of the songs that one would want to see him sing, but none that are in the setlist.

Moz was on fire in the early to mid 90s. Now, it seems we are all waiting for the candle to burn out.

Sad.

P.S. The more he speaks on current affairs, the more I wish to distance myself from proclaiming myself a fan. The last 10 years he has made it increasingly difficult for a rational person to defend his statements/actions.

Veganism is fine and defendable. Moz on the other hand....

I tottally agree

Hey Crystal, I think they are trying to hide a laugh because of the antics of the audience . Sounds like a good concert . Thanks for posting reviews.

Unfortunately, I couldn't agree more. And yes, sad, an era gone!

I have no desire to see Moz in concert. I've seen him 7 times already and been underwhelmed the last 4.

If 'You should have been nice to me' was in the set, I'd go. It is well within his 'do not over exert oneself' range.

Moz solo regulars can shit on James all they want, but Tim Booth always puts on a show, both vocally and physically.

'You should have been nice to me', 'will never marry', 'at amber', 'disappointed', 'sister I'm a poet', 'why don't you find out for yourself', ...

I've missed many of the songs that one would want to see him sing, but none that are in the setlist.

Moz was on fire in the early to mid 90s. Now, it seems we are all waiting for the candle to burn out.

Sad.

P.S. The more he speaks on current affairs, the more I wish to distance myself from proclaiming myself a fan. The last 10 years he has made it increasingly difficult for a rational person to defend his statements/actions.

Sad.

That's it get it off your chest boy! It's very liberating when you know no one cares isn't it?

Why shouldn't he show this stuff? You say you love animals, but then become offended when somebody shows the slaughter of them. I know it's cosier not to be faced with this and ignore it. However, it would also be cosier not to go to see a singer who makes you think. God forbid! Morrissey loves animals and puts his life out there into his music, so why wouldn't show this? One would do better to stop in and insulate yourself at home or go see Neil Sedaka.

Morrissey, ser hermosa

The band has been tremendous - Jesse, and Matt in particular have raised the level of the band this tour. Gustavo, Soloman and Boz have been, as always, consistently good.

So because those poor animals are bred for food it is ok to murder them? What the hell kind of vegetarian is your wife- the kind that eats chicken? And how the hell do you know his shoes are leather? Boz bought a pair of Dr Martens in Denver and got a vegan pair for "the boss". Vegan shoes do not look plastic. Maybe 15 years ago, they did.

You seem to be obsessed with "press-on tattoos". Underlying attraction?

Back
Top Bottom