Old Alain Whyte interview

Poor Alain, it's really pathetic how blatantly the interviewer tries to lure him into dishing out dome dirt :rolleyes:

Ta for posting.

Thanks for that - I'd never seen it before. It's amazing how well he and Boz gelled for so long with such minimal time spent together. I can't think of any other relationships in popular music with just such a working dynamic.

This part was amusing:

How was it playing those old Smiths tunes tonight? (They performed Is It Really So Strange, Meat Is Murder, and Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me.) I know the band has performed the odd Smiths song since the Maladjusted tours, but it seems like Morrissey is finally embracing his past - do you mind dipping into the Smiths' past?

Alain: No, never. Those are still great songs. That would be a bit weird if I did mind though, wouldn't it? Like a jealous girlfriend. (laughs)

Cheers,
Jamie

We're in the middle of a little Alain rennaissance, it seems: his contribution to the will.i.am track, his stage appearance with Tiger Army and a new (old) interview. And of course Years of Refusual...when in God's name will we have a track listing??

I didn't know Alain had to wear an appliance because of his back. Poor guy. He seems to be doing better nowadays. He looked a lot slimmer in the Tiger Army clip than in the video for Irish Blood.

This answer made me chuckle:

No, [Morrissey] hasn't had me 'round yet - - he only exists in rehearsal studios, tour buses and the stages of venues to me (laughs).

I don't know why, but Alain's reaction at 6:29 in this old video interview cracks me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom