Paris - Salle Pleyel (March 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Our Frank / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before / Rebels Without Applause / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / I Am Veronica / Without Music The World Dies (live debut) / Let Me Kiss You / The Bullfighter Dies / The Night Pop Dropped (live debut) / Istanbul / Trouble Loves Me / Half A Person / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of: @Like_Elvis_In_The_Movies, @Mozzer1980, Twitter, setlist.fm & FWD.

Last edited:
I really like both new songs . It's , of course, my first impressions but both are better than Kerouac's Crack ( who still remembers it? ) and Veronica .

pop dropped is turrible.
without music is ok but the lyrics are bad.
Does he really think anyone under the age of 65 watches the 24 hour news?
Yeah lyrics are bad though. The verses on "without.." make no sense with the chorus/title of the song and are the old Moz ramblings. That's indeed a bit disappointing because the title had more potential.

Catchy af? Musically it’s boring and he sounds like a drunk uncle rambling on at a family gathering.

What a shame. I had high hopes for this new album. To say the least I’m truly disappointed.
But we still haven’t heard any of the Alain co-writes. And these songs are exactly the reason why people have higher hopes for this album.

I really like both new songs . It's , of course, my first impressions but both are better than Kerouac's Crack ( who still remembers it? ) and Veronica .
Different strokes, but I find myself singing Kerouac softly every other day... more than ready for BOT :horny:

Sit on Ginsberg?

I'm hoping for a full concert recorded by baby j ... :praying:

Last edited:
pop dropped is turrible.
without music is ok but the lyrics are bad.
Does he really think anyone under the age of 65 watches the 24 hour news?
we're more plugged into the constant stream of negative news than ever before – it's called "doomscrolling" – so short of using that term in the song, his words are as relevant as ever

On that evidence, 'Pop' seems to be another semi-interesting piece of music that he's forgotten to write a lyric for.

Sort of feel sorry for him now. He's clearly decided that there's nothing else for him in life beyond churning out songs from a lyrical well that's so dry, the stones are cracking.

No mum, no children, no causes really left to fight and a partner he doesn't feel comfortable walking within two metres of in public.

Let's hope that both unreleased albums have hidden gems that he's kept from performing so far.

You guys are such negative Nancy's.

M was fab tonight. He sounded excellent. New songs are amazing.
It could have been louder in the venue but I am a tough (non paying) customer.
He played Istanbul - a song that I find terribly sexy.

I am looking forward to the show tomorrow!

Just to add , total respect to the folk camping outside for tonight’s gig , saw them when walking back to my hotel, looks like they’ve came out tonight show, then just started queuing again!
weather is biblical / horrible , I salute their dedication!

You guys are such negative Nancy's.

M was fab tonight. He sounded excellent. New songs are amazing.
It could have been louder in the venue but I am a tough (non paying) customer.
He played Istanbul - a song that I find terribly sexy.

I am looking forward to the show tomorrow!

More merch inc. Diana Dors shirt.

Trouble loves Him

Then for God's sake ...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom