Port Chester, NY - Capitol Theatre (Jan. 19, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Action Is My Middle Name / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Alma Matters / Maladjusted / Still Ill / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Black Cloud / November Spawned A Monster / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Meat Is Murder // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by Johnnymel9

• Photos (19 total) by Brother Apostle / flickr. Link posted by docinwestchester.

portchester.jpg

Last edited:
Ha ha hahah ahh ha !!!! !!!! The Moz youth creaming their pants on very-old-SMITHS-songs.Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!
When Mom empty's the laundry basket she's gonna think you met someone really close!!!!!!! DOH!!!!

This would be an issue if I were wearing pants.

Morrissey's voice was great, and the set list was fantastic. The venue was very good.

It's always interesting to get a consensus from the folks who still post their gig reviews here. Since this is likely my last Morrissey show for quite some time (if not forever), I have to say that the 2013 New York area gigs that I saw were markedly better than the late 2012 ones (which were still pretty damn good). Morrissey just seems more energized somehow.

The Brooklyn show is in my top three Morrissey gigs ever: a truly magical evening when Morrissey was fully in the moment, the crowd and the venue were perfect, and most of the people spilled out into the night afterwards with that "stunned" look that follows an incredible experience. Last night wasn't quite up to that level for me, but it was reasonably close.

I know people elsewhere who caught Morrissey during the last tour and have told me that they're thinking of sitting this one out (as one said: "I don't really need to hear The Youngest was the Most Loved again"). It's understandable: I had no plans to see the BAM show or last night's spectacle either. I decided a few days before to go to Brooklyn and my dear friend returned the favor with last-minute tickets for last night. Boy, am I ever glad that we followed our hearts and caught Morrissey this time around. If you're on the fence all I can say is do yourself a favor and catch him on this tour - he really is better than you think.

Oh, and Kristeen Young was pretty good last night - I'm not a big fan, but she really did give 110%.

i had an amazing time with sweetness522, we where in the right side in front... probably the only problem was two guys behind us that where screaming too much at the point that we feel that our ears gonna explode, letting that aside was just an incredible night, Moz was in top form, thats the end for me! 3 gigs Radio city Music Hall, Brooklyn and Port Chester! a time that i will never forget for all the friends that i met and the the great time that i had with Morrissey on stage.

sorry for my english i'm learning the language.

Morrissey was having a grand time. He did seem a bit hoarse during the middle songs, but seemed to pull it out for the end. It seems one song was cut, because we ended up with 19, but no idea what it was. Did anyone get a paper setlist?

Kristeen was exceptionally good, engaged well with the audience, and they thankfully treated her well. I hate when they give her shit. This morning upon waking I found myself humming her songs...

time wise the gig was about 1HR 28min which is about the norm. so 1 less song but same amount of music played.

Did he actually mention Sandy Hook or, is that what people have taken from the James Bond comments?

the previous poster was referring to the intro music... klaus nomi's wayward sisters, not any smiths song. wayard sisters was used for all of the kill uncle tour and used quite frequently after that. I, for one, was happy to see it back.

oh sorry,did not read it in whole

and you're definately right about 'Wayward Sisters'...Iheard it in 1991 before Morrissey started with Interesting Drug.

didn't saw he also sang a line from 'these things take time' during Speedway, but shall look at the Utube now

:blushing:

Did he actually mention Sandy Hook or, is that what people have taken from the James Bond comments?

He did. He said James Bond was so glamourous in a Helmut Lang suit, and in the trailer he saw he shot up a room, hitting ten people, then shot up another roomful... and then said something about Sandy Hook and mixed messages. And in this, at least, he's right.

Ha ha hahah ahh ha !!!! !!!! The Moz youth creaming their pants on very-old-SMITHS-songs.Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!
When Mom empty's the laundry basket she's gonna think you met someone really close!!!!!!! DOH!!!!

Ha ha 'Slug trails in the linen basket' sounds like a song title.

simply majestic,to open with that joke isnt funny anymore is a stroke of genuis.

simply majestic,to open with that joke isnt funny anymore is a stroke of genuis.

Yes cashing in on his old band and songs a majestic stroke of genius (I prefer to spell it right) that was seeing as he can't write any decent songs of any
acceptable standard with this present caberet backing band of his.
I myself was VERY lucky and saw Smiths songs played by The Smiths and believe me the gap between the two is huge. To write that "they played that joke is'nt funny anymore" or any other Smiths song for that matter should be a crime and should be reported as "they attempted that joke is'nt funny anymore".
I'm sure they will be making more attempts as the tour trundles on so you can all keep on creaming your underwear.
James Bond comments what a load of bollocks!!!! He really is losing it, what a peck-head.

Well done you taking them off and putting them in the sink to soak, saving Mom from an awkward-sticky moment.

So weird. It's like you know me!

Yes cashing in on his old band and songs a majestic stroke of genius (I prefer to spell it right) that was seeing as he can't write any decent songs of any
acceptable standard with this present caberet backing band of his.
I myself was VERY lucky and saw Smiths songs played by The Smiths and believe me the gap between the two is huge. To write that "they played that joke is'nt funny anymore" or any other Smiths song for that matter should be a crime and should be reported as "they attempted that joke is'nt funny anymore".
I'm sure they will be making more attempts as the tour trundles on so you can all keep on creaming your underwear.
James Bond comments what a load of bollocks!!!! He really is losing it, what a peck-head.

Yes we get it. YOU saw the original and by extension YOU and your opinions are original and more valid on the subject of music and backing bands and poetic license and artistic arrangement. And even if Marr and Rourke and Joyce were to reunite with Morrissey and play the songs the same exact way as when you were a pimple-faced bloke standing at the Hacienda because some other friend of yours dragged you there it wouldn't change the fact that you are now still an old man living in the past and the easiest target is the singer who reminds you of that because he has moved on.

anonymous...for a reason,anonymous in life,i hear the soil falling over your head,well i can only but hope,i get the impression you have no friends :p
why do i feel sorry for you?

Yes we get it. YOU saw the original and by extension YOU and your opinions are original and more valid on the subject of music and backing bands and poetic license and artistic arrangement. And even if Marr and Rourke and Joyce were to reunite with Morrissey and play the songs the same exact way as when you were a pimple-faced bloke standing at the Hacienda because some other friend of yours dragged you there it wouldn't change the fact that you are now still an old man living in the past and the easiest target is the singer who reminds you of that because he has moved on.

don't forget the anonymity of this poster as a sign of the disdain he himself holds for his life!!! i saw them thrice as well in 1985-86 yet would NEVER begrudge the author of the song the right to sing the words again. so glad he and Mr. Paul Weller have embraced the past once again these past ten plus years! the value of their songs should NOT be left in the past as long as they are still around to sing them.

In the off-chance that someone on tour is reading all of this (or cares :) ), I know the setlist shifts around and if I had a gazillion songs and played every night, I'd mix and match to keep it interesting for myself, but I'll be at the Lawrence show Feb. 2 and would love it if this was the same setlist that night. I've seen Morrissey four times and this almost a "best of" from those shows. Now, if "You're the One For Me, Fatty," was replaced with the best song from that album, "Tomorrow,"......

don't forget the anonymity of this poster as a sign of the disdain he himself holds for his life!!! i saw them thrice as well in 1985-86 yet would NEVER begrudge the author of the song the right to sing the words again. so glad he and Mr. Paul Weller have embraced the past once again these past ten plus years! the value of their songs should NOT be left in the past as long as they are still around to sing them.

This!

Back
Top Bottom