Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Geeeez, this is the news trend. HILLARY SUPPORTERS BEAT TRUMP SUPPORTER! TRUMP SUPPORTERS BEAT HILLARY SUPPORTERS! And now Fox News has a story about an 11 year old kid being beaten at school for voting Trump in a mock election.
Putting on my tinfoil hat for a minute I'd say it's almost like these stories are being reported to a much greater degree than they are occurring. No one should be beaten, especially some kid at school, but making it into a big news story seems irresponsible. There are kids who have been beaten at school numerous times for something that makes them unpopular, and we rarely see that on the news. We see stories about bullying but we don't see individual bullied kids until they are killed or more often commit suicide. The news is very carefully selected and it's not that the stories may not be "true" usually, but what is chosen may not reflect the greater reality.
But people are going crazy and using this election as an excuse to abuse their neighbors and random strangers that they happen to feel are destroying the county. Where were all these people when the NSA was revealed to be spying on everyone or when Obama "with regret" signed our rights away? Trump is a reality tv clown and it is shameful that he could be elected, but where were all these people before?

Under a rock?
You do have a lot of them in The States don't you Calamine?
Can you enlighten me a bit about discussions going on referring to the great influence Fakebook had on the pre election period and eventually on the election? I mean the fact that it was the most dirty campaign ever due to people only looking at Fakebook for news but their page is being personified using the alghoritms (that are secret and can't be checked by nobody) so all things regarding Trump if you are a Trump supporter is there for them and that because of all his wild an incorrect statements people believed him. And also regarded all kinds of made up stories as real news, checked and controlled. They thought it was all news and true. They never saw any other real news cause it wasn't presented to them by Fakebook.
What is your info and opinion on that?
Cheers

Under a rock?
You do have a lot of them in The States don't you Calamine?
Can you enlighten me a bit about discussions going on referring to the great influence Fakebook had on the pre election period and eventually on the election? I mean the fact that it was the most dirty campaign ever due to people only looking at Fakebook for news but their page is being personified using the alghoritms (that are secret and can't be checked by nobody) so all things regarding Trump if you are a Trump supporter is there for them and that because of all his wild an incorrect statements people believed him. And also regarded all kinds of made up stories as real news, checked and controlled. They thought it was all news and true. They never saw any other real news cause it wasn't presented to them by Fakebook.
What is your info and opinion on that?
Cheers
I think you have read the same thing I did with the mention of algorithms. I don't know how Facebook works, it's a secret, but I read a story today that was saying when people protest or discuss politics online they are mostly talking to others who believe the same as they do, and in that sense they are invisible. If we are inside online chatting about these things in places where the opposition isn't being engaged they don't even know you exist.
Generally I don't discuss it on Facebook because it just leads to pointless arguments and when you don't support "either side" no one wants to hear it anyway. But I am surprised how many people did not see the scary side of Trump. And at the same time, people like myself that don't support Trump or Hillary are not uncommon. The people I do talk about politics with on Facebook are not sorry they didn't support Hillary. So it does seem that generally we talk to people we agree with or we change the subject. There are just too many people to argue with each one individually, and people do like to be part of a group and have their views supported.
Facebook's methods are known only to them but it's definitely not random. I do not see all my friends posts and they don't see mine, for whatever reason.

I think you have read the same thing I did with the mention of algorithms. I don't know how Facebook works, it's a secret, but I read a story today that was saying when people protest or discuss politics online they are mostly talking to others who believe the same as they do, and in that sense they are invisible. If we are inside online chatting about these things in places where the opposition isn't being engaged they don't even know you exist.
Generally I don't discuss it on Facebook because it just leads to pointless arguments and when you don't support "either side" no one wants to hear it anyway. But I am surprised how many people did not see the scary side of Trump. And at the same time, people like myself that don't support Trump or Hillary are not uncommon. The people I do talk about politics with on Facebook are not sorry they didn't support Hillary. So it does seem that generally we talk to people we agree with or we change the subject. There are just too many people to argue with each one individually, and people do like to be part of a group and have their views supported.
Facebook's methods are known only to them but it's definitely not random. I do not see all my friends posts and they don't see mine, for whatever reason.

Yeah, but you obviously are aware of that and even if you don't immediately discuss it with other friends you are checking a lot of other sources too. I mean you are aware to not rely on Facebook only.
You are checking sources, facts and other opinions so you are not being misled.

I like that factchecking side and whatever is being said, you offer other views, facts and opinions.
I don't have to agree with you but you offer more than one option or viewpoint which in itself starts to become more rare these days. I find that becoming scary. When there are so many things that are being said by whoever and you have to start to be very wary of all that's being said, be it governments, politicians, media, science, teachers, schools, universities, churches, priests, etcetera, etcetera there is no common ground anymore to even have a reasonable discussion. The lack of trust among people will rise.
Manipulation and propaganda should be noticed by the so-called free press and published.
But I am afraid we're already past that notion.
1984 was a peace of cake by what's going to happen. A fairy tale. Nice and sweet almost.

Always knew you were a honky living in a honky town with truckers and bad air.
another anon likened him to dale gribble. i thought that was spot on.:lbf:

Yeah, but you obviously are aware of that and even if you don't immediately discuss it with other friends you are checking a lot of other sources too. I mean you are aware to not rely on Facebook only.
You are checking sources, facts and other opinions so you are not being misled.

I like that factchecking side and whatever is being said, you offer other views, facts and opinions.
I don't have to agree with you but you offer more than one option or viewpoint which in itself starts to become more rare these days. I find that becoming scary. When there are so many things that are being said by whoever and you have to start to be very wary of all that's being said, be it governments, politicians, media, science, teachers, schools, universities, churches, priests, etcetera, etcetera there is no common ground anymore to even have a reasonable discussion. The lack of trust among people will rise.
Manipulation and propaganda should be noticed by the so-called free press and published.
But I am afraid we're already past that notion.
1984 was a peace of cake by what's going to happen. A fairy tale. Nice and sweet almost.

Some people read 1984 and thought it was an instruction manual. It is a brilliant book and so much of it is completely true.
I just watched another documentary about the rise of hate in America. It's very good.

The good thing about Trump is that maybe people will be forced to stop accepting the creeping fascism and do something about it. Hopefully it doesn't explode into too much violence.

I don't think the majority of people who voted for trump are racist themselves, at least not in the gonna attack people hold a rally mold, but were willing to align and vote with obvious racists as they probably don't care as much. The way Ryan could say yes what trump is saying is racist but I'm gonna vote for him anyway. A lot of people don't remember or have a clear idea or memory of what violent racism is like. The same way people don't really remember the Cold War.l and are will to think that NATO is not that important. It's sorta important to note I think that trump won more of the black vote than Romney did. As to sources and fact checking people just look for what they want to see. Clinton as some evil super villain criminal was extremely far fetched. A purposeful exaggeration but people posted blogs that said so and talked about it like it was a clear truth. I remember posting articles and people trying to refute those articles not by addressing them, they refused to even read them, but instead posted YouTube videos and facebook posts

Donald Trump's website asking for suggestions on how to make America great again.

That's customer satisfaction. After all, the man is a businessman and a salesman. He analyzed what the society wanted to hear and he said it. That's how he became president. The important thing is not what he says, it's what a lot of people actually think, the underlying social ideology that mainstream media refused to reflect because it was politically incorrect. I still think he didn't convince anyone. He just adapted his speech to earn customers. Now he already sold his product. Let's see if it works for the people who bought it. This is a new world.

Last edited:
so sorry that happened to you. hope you're all healed now, physically and emotionally. i guess that's something you dont really forget though.

Thank you.

I'm OK I guess. I've got terrible eyesight, but it's good enough to get by. The emotional aspect is worse. It's taken a lot of time and help and support from counsellors, teachers, a handful of friends to put me back together. Twenty years on I still feel extremely vulnerable sometimes. Like you say, it's an ongoing healing process, and I don't think I'll ever be completely whole again.

Last edited:
Imo the vulnerability aspect stays with you forever. Like being the victim of any violent crime it can make you scared to go outside. In small towns it's worse because you know the likelihood of running into those people again is high

Thank you.

I'm OK I guess. I've got terrible eyesight, but it's good enough to get around. The emotional aspect is worse. It's taken a lot of time and help and support from counsellors, teachers, a handful of friends to put me back together. Twenty years on I still feel extremely vulnerable sometimes. Like you say, it's an ongoing healing process, and I don't think I'll ever be completely whole again.

" It's taken a lot of time and help and support from counsellors, teachers, a handful of friends to put me back together. "
Yes, but in the end you did it yourself. :)
Maybe you know so well what vulnerability really means, cause you experienced it, you have more empathy for other people experiencing the same.
People can have empathy cause they are nice and kind people but you know how it really feels.
I don't want to sound pathetic but your vulnerability makes you very human.
And in my view strong.
Cheers "12" on the slack !

As to sources and fact checking people just look for what they want to see. Clinton as some evil super villain criminal was extremely far fetched. A purposeful exaggeration but people posted blogs that said so and talked about it like it was a clear truth. I remember posting articles and people trying to refute those articles not by addressing them, they refused to even read them, but instead posted YouTube videos and facebook posts

She is the reason Trump is President. She is a career criminal and your articles were the bullshit that George Soros paid for. He actually is a super villain right out of James Bond.

"If you still believe that Donald Trump was elected because of racism, it is because you have remained willfully ignorant of what has been happening in your country. If you still believe that Trump’s election is indicative of a neo-fascist uprising in America, it is because you have not ventured outside of your self-reinforcing validation loop of fellow Clinton voters and your corporate media echo chamber. If you still, days later, think that Hillary Clinton’s loss is the fault of anyone other than Hillary Clinton, it’s because you haven’t been reading WikiLeaks."

I don't 100% agree though, because not voting for Clinton shouldn't equal a vote for Trump, and I don't know how you could overlook his racist statements. They did a great job of making it all about Trump but Mike Pence is a lot worse.
There are definitely people who see it as a move towards fascism and they like that. But they wouldn't call it fascism because they don't define their beliefs that way.

TL;DR: Hillary lost and will never again hold office and that's great. At first watching the results I was shocked and felt that Trump's win is scary and horrible, and it is, but it also brings all issues onto the table and now we can figure out who we really want to be as a country. At first I felt that I hoped Hillary would win so things could stay the same. but I don't want things to stay the same. As long as we have a President that will sign away our rights and spy on us in mass numbers without cause we shouldn't be happy.
"But what about our jobs and our families?" Well, if you've been paying attention people have been losing their secure jobs for decades now as our trade agreements have turned us into a consumer nation, and not everyone has the ability, skills, or connections to survive in a country where there aren't enough real jobs and the jobs there are won't pay the rent. And I'm sorry that your family is feeling like the war is getting closer but you've supported the war everywhere else for decades.

Last edited:
How would you know, you didn't read them. Maybe it's was because of nsa spying, ya know the hot button issue of the campaign. You also edited your post from saying you can't vote for trump and not be racist to a quote saying he didn't get elected because of racism so it can be hard to take you sincerely. I did read wiki leaks I just didn't warp it to validate my already established nutty theories. Even if you think that Clinton is some evil criminal, because e mails, it's hard to forget that trump is much much worse and that the reality is he'll do a lot more damage to people and the systems that vulnerable people rely on in the immediate and long term. Hey at least steins defense/Exxon/pharmaceutical invested mutual funds will make her some more money huh

Can't keep up with these edits. Manufacturing jobs are gone and no trade renegotiating is bringing them back. Most manufacturing jobs have been lost to automation and tariffs would only make goods,more exspensive for Americans and possibly out of affordability for those that would be making them domestically. No matter who won the presidency, they're not coming back unless wages rise somewhere else

How would you know, you didn't read them. Maybe it's was because of nsa spying, ya know the hot button issue of the campaign. You also edited your post from saying you can't vote for trump and not be racist to a quote saying he didn't get elected because of racism so it can be hard to take you sincerely. I did read wiki leaks I just didn't warp it to validate my already established nutty theories. Even if you think that Clinton is some evil criminal, because e mails, it's hard to forget that trump is much much worse and that the reality is he'll do a lot more damage to people and the systems that vulnerable people rely on in the immediate and long term. Hey at least steins defense/Exxon/pharmaceutical invested mutual funds will make her some more money huh

I rewrote a line of my post. When you have an account you can edit. :thumb:And if you don't "take me sincerely" I really don't care. I might be a terrible person, let's face it, but I can't help but judge you by the way you present yourself in writing, and you don't come across as a person whose opinion would ever cause me a second of consideration or self-reflection.
Anyway you're right, I refused to read some article that was trying to convince me to vote for Hillary. Why would I? That was all part of her campaign. It wasn't journalism. And in case you haven't accepted it yet, it didn't work. You should go read it again, though.

Can't keep up with these edits. Manufacturing jobs are gone and no trade renegotiating is bringing them back. Most manufacturing jobs have been lost to automation and tariffs would only make goods,more exspensive for Americans and possibly out of affordability for those that would be making them domestically. No matter who won the presidency, they're not coming back unless wages rise somewhere else
I kn. OWr. ight

Sure that Newsweek article and New York daily news article where they interviewed sanders is all part of the conspiracy to do that thing to keep people down. I mean trumps gonna unwrite Dodd frank. Why would Clinton need a conspiracy to help financial institutions? Seems like they can just do it in the open to help working Americans in there own words

Why do americans feel a need to scream out loud at every excitement?

people imitate T.V. raised and conditioned on it, I feel it has made it possible for people to believe that it's acceptable to have a person like Thump as president. It all reminds me of the Jerry Springer show, him and his supporters and this election... the cartoon ugliness of it.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom