Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Oh! I stand corrected. When they brought in the walnutless variety I thought that was the only kind you could get. Shame about the loss of the crinkly spiral, though. It's all a bit academic to me as I'm not able to eat them anyway. But nostalgia is the important thing here. These are simply not proper Unknown Political Prisoners. I didn't know about the walnut in the bottom, though, that's interesting.
So I’m thinking that the spiral you’re talking about was maybe piped on top of the walnut and then once set, the whole thing was dipped? But then now it’s formed in a mold now instead? I think the swirl is still possible, would just take more time and effort. Let’s hope I have a day free some weekend before the holidays and maybe I’ll give these a go.

Yesterday I learned that a dear friend Michael had died quite unexpectedly on Monday. He was both camp and beefy, highly intelligent, bitingly witty, kind and generous, great company, told terrific stories and for 20 years he cut my hair. Here's the weird thing, though. Actually, several weird things.

His partner G (who is naturally devastated), had some friends staying with him this week to support him. Having showered, G looked for his glasses which he had put, folded up, on the bed. They weren't there. Not having the glasses to help him find the glasses, he asked his friends to help. They ran their hands over the duvet, they looked under the duvet, they checked the floor and under the bed; they looked everywhere. No glasses. G went in another room to look, came back... and there were the glasses, legs out (ie not folded), in the middle of the bed.

On Tuesday, one of Michael's friends was travelling on the train to stay with G. Now, Michael had the most horrific ring tone on his phone; it was brassy, it was loud, it was bizarre, and it was unlike any other ringtone you've heard. Ever. And then, another passenger's phone went off in the train carriage... same ringtone.

On Wednesday, I was driving locally and thought I saw Michael walking along with bags of shopping. I noticed him because I hadn't seem him for over a year. For various reasons, I thought, oh, but it can't be him... I didn't actually know he was dead at that point, but it gave me the weirdest feeling and I wondered if he was okay.

Anyway, it's his funeral on 23rd. I need to get my hair cut, obviously, because Michael would want me with 'faaaaabulous, f*** you, bitches' hair, just like he used to do for me. Godspeed, Michael.
Oh, Pep, I’m so sorry for your loss. Unexpected deaths are so hard as you wonder about all of the what if’s and should have’s - the missed opportunities. My Michael is a Timothy and he knows he can never, ever retire or move away. I hadn’t really considered him dying until now and will cover that next time I see him. He’s cut my hair for more than 20 years and I understand the relationship you and Michael developed. Have some thoughts on the strange occurrences but will save that for another time. How awful to have a stranger touch your hair after all this time. I hope you got someone kind. You are in my thoughts.

So I’m thinking that the spiral you’re talking about was maybe piped on top of the walnut and then once set, the whole thing was dipped? But then now it’s formed in a mold now instead? I think the swirl is still possible, would just take more time and effort. Let’s hope I have a day free some weekend before the holidays and maybe I’ll give these a go.
Oooh! So impressive! There was a solid circular base of chocolate, and chocolate was piped around it and upwards to make a conical shape - and somehow they squirted the cream filling in. Then a walnut went on the top. Not sure if the original version was dipped as it was very bumpy. But yes, the current one appears to be done in a mould so is smoother (cheapskates). It would be a heroic thing indeed if you could create a Walnut Whip.

I wasn’t commenting on the man. I’m talking about the author of that post—you.
Oh dear heaven don't you think I know that and now you go all female passive aggressive and throw the drink i me face and walk off shouting for security.

You're as weak as your cancer mouth.

Sidenote:

Workers at Solo always argue on Sundays cause the weekend is over and everyday is like Sunday and you know you are off to work to listen to some colleague telling you all about their weekend and you don't want to know.
You look out of the window and wishing you were someone else being somewhere else.

Argue on workers and I might think of you when I go to bed when you scrape the front window of the car and fight the cold while feeling sleepy.

Oooh! So impressive! There was a solid circular base of chocolate, and chocolate was piped around it and upwards to make a conical shape - and somehow they squirted the cream filling in. Then a walnut went on the top. Not sure if the original version was dipped as it was very bumpy. But yes, the current one appears to be done in a mould so is smoother (cheapskates). It would be a heroic thing indeed if you could create a Walnut Whip.
Pep, I’ll take up my whip and spatula and see what I can do. But it will be after our Thanksgiving in late November. Challenge accepted.

Oh, Pep, I’m so sorry for your loss. Unexpected deaths are so hard as you wonder about all of the what if’s and should have’s - the missed opportunities. My Michael is a Timothy and he knows he can never, ever retire or move away. I hadn’t really considered him dying until now and will cover that next time I see him. He’s cut my hair for more than 20 years and I understand the relationship you and Michael developed. Have some thoughts on the strange occurrences but will save that for another time. How awful to have a stranger touch your hair after all this time. I hope you got someone kind. You are in my thoughts.
Thanks TAT, much appreciated. Michael had actually retired a year or so back as he wasn't well - but not so unwell that anybody thought he was about to die. But he was a larger than life character who touched many people's lives and I stayed in touch with him and his partner. You are very kind.

Oh dear heaven don't you think I know that and now you go all female passive aggressive and throw the drink i me face and walk off shouting for security.

You're as weak as your cancer mouth.

Sidenote:

Workers at Solo always argue on Sundays cause the weekend is over and everyday is like Sunday and you know you are off to work to listen to some colleague telling you all about their weekend and you don't want to know.
You look out of the window and wishing you were someone else being somewhere else.

Argue on workers and I might think of you when I go to bed when you scrape the front window of the car and fight the cold while feeling sleepy.

Yeah, I wish I were my cat sleeping in my bed. Cushy life.

Yeah, I wish I were my cat sleeping in my bed. Cushy life.
No more arguing?

I feel so alive arguing with you and besides we need to keep this myth about me being obsessed with you so that CG lays off those pills.
You and me gave her a new hobby!
I always wished I was a cat as well, a nazi one of course living with the austrian nazi twelvy and his funeral flowers waiting for the next lover boy to come and go.

"You mustn't be cruel Urbs".

I haven’t the heart to scroll through the rest so, I’ll just say C.....is a C...you cannot beat LOL :)

I am a sucker for controversy online and I sometimes wonder why I must always position myself as the jerk that everyone hates?
I say things that no one in their right mind can take seriously but this experience has told me that people do take things you say seriously and then label you accordingly.
Why do I always do this?

I just came across this and I just love this type of documentary especially as it relates to my favorite band of all time. I am sure nothing new but still worth a watch:

I am a sucker for controversy online and I sometimes wonder why I must always position myself as the jerk that everyone hates?
I say things that no one in their right mind can take seriously but this experience has told me that people do take things you say seriously and then label you accordingly.
Why do I always do this?
Because you receive some reward for it. Figure out what it is and you'll be on your first step to self-awareness and possibly change.

They are not Walnut Whips though. They are just Whips. The Walnut version no longer exists. Not the same thing AT ALL. Plus (unless I'm mistaken) they don't have that lovely bumpy, crinkly texture on the outside that allowed you to nibble the spirals of chocolate down to the base, little by little. In between sticking your tongue in the cream, of course.

https://www.marksandspencerfoodhall...ortment--3698a5df-0a45-4287-a8fa-71c71f29613d
Christmas is coming....
[URL]https://www.marksandspencer.com/a-giant-gift-of-walnut-whips/p/p60052283[/URL]

Why do I always do this?
Be thankful you don’t fit in.

interesting election results in bavaria. who wouldve thought a few years ago that the green party could get the second highest result in this politically arch-conservative federal state? loser is the big coalition in berlin. i dont think that it was only the green party's clear distancing itself from afd rhetorics which made it so successful, like most media outlets want to make us believe. we are still in the middle of the heißzeit and the green party has always been most successful in the midst of ecological catastrophes.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom