Rik Mayall RIP

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
I appreciate the RIP thread.
I just can't believe someone so young could leave us.
Besides the best Jackanory ever...
I'm gutted we've lost a comedy legend.
Miserable,
FWD.

Last edited:
Re: Rick Mayall...RIP...

Yes, I was totally shocked to see this. I was a big fan back in the day and saw him live a few times. I honestly think he'll be remembered as a comedy great. Very sad news... 56 is just way too young.

56 is too young! This is so sad.

Totally agree.
I saw the 'dangerous brothers'.
Several Bottom live shows.
I met Ade many times, but only met Rick once and he was a total gent. I know it's a bit silly to get upset when people who are not close to you die...
But this truly is so very sad. He was no age to die
Please no more for a while.
FWD

Last edited:

Totally agree.
I saw the 'dangerous brothers'.
Several Bottom live shows.
I met Ade many times, but only met Rick once and he was a total gent. I know it's a bit silly to get upset when people who are not close to you die...
But this truly is so very sad. He was no age to die
Please no more for a while.
FWD

That's good to know. In a day and age of asinine comedians he was an original. I was just thinking about Kevin Turvey, Mr Jolly Lives Next Door, Lord Flashheart...

Maybe we should have a pint of Bombardier in his memory.

Re: Rick Mayall RIP

I'm devestated, really gutted I felt sick when I found out today.

I grew up watching Kevin Turvey, The Young Ones and Bottom to the point where I can quote it line for line, I'm so sad such a great comic actor has gone, 56 is no age at all!

RIP Rik.

Kevin Turvey and Mr Jolly were genius. Obviously the other stuff like The Young Ones, Bottom and Blackadder too. He was funny live as well.

Utterly awesome (Peter's video link).
If anyone has been lucky enough to see him live and watch the interplay with Ade as they corpse and laugh together... well, it's not too hard to understand why he was so well liked.
Regards,
FWD

Last edited:

Very sad news. Like many others on here I grew up loving The Young Ones, Bottom and most of all The Dangerous Brothers. I vividly remember Rick being on The Tube and causing outrage by saying "now I'd like to show the king - Elvis Presley, as you've never seen him before. I'll just take my trousers off, could you fetch the dog?"

Infact, here it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

56 is indeed to young to die. Especially in today's world. Episodes of "The Young Ones" recorded on VHS straight from the late night Friday night screenings. Watched the next day, then the next, and the next. Lines memorised. Lines pulled out with teenage friends, lines becoming in-jokes with us. Rick and the Comic Strip actors played a huge role in my TV viewing during my teenage years in the 80's. Rick was funny. Talented. Now days he would be called an "alternative comedian", I just liked him because he made me laugh.

"Woof!"

Last edited:

A very sad day indeed.

This one is for you Rik, thank you for the memories.

Looking to the camera, messing around and pulling faces...

I appreciate the RIP thread.
I just can't believe someone so young could leave us.
Besides the best Jackanory ever...
I'm gutted we've lost a comedy legend.
Miserable,
FWD.

No idea he had done Jackanory, he would be great doing that, off to youtube.

I loved him as Lord Flash heart in Blackadder...a small cameo role but he was excellent.

That two minutes stole the entire series, which, when you think of the brilliance throughout is quite an achievement.

The genuine outpouring of shock and respect has been good to see. Leave 'em wanting more. Mayall certainly did that.

Back
Top Bottom