Royal Albert Hall show cancelled 11/05/09

Re: Royal Albert Hall show cancelled tonight

Yeah but Pete has serious problems. There is a BIG difference.

Unfortunately Morrissey is getting old and unable to cope with heavy tour schedule. :(

He needs more gap when he's on tour.

Unfortunately Morrissey is getting old and unable to cope with heavy tour schedule. :(

I totally agree. If he's not going to be able to take it then why does he do it? I mean, he just wants to keep his image i suppose, but bless him he just can't.

:confused:
Have you heard of Pete Doherty?
Pete cancells his gigs more than any other musicians.

Yes, but Pete is/used to be a smack head when he was cancelling gigs regularly with Babyshambles. To be fair to him he hasn't cancelled a gig for a long time, he did the full tour for his solo album, and is doing his 3rd 3 day residency at the Rhythm Factory in 12 months.

Morrissey is in serious trouble of alienating his most loyal fans with this.

Are you serious???????????

He did that BBC show in February and then cancelled the first four dates of his American tour due to illness. Then he attempted to do the Myrtle Beach show and ended up cancelling the two after.

A couple of us drove 12 hours and instead of three shows, we saw 45 minutes of Grumpy Moz. Friends of mine booked plane tickets and hotel rooms that weren't refunded due to last minute cancellations.

Shit happens dude. Don't blame the US of A for this cancelletion.

really angers me that he has just done so many dates in the USA too and has let everyone down in the UK.
'America Is Not The World', morrissey...

Last edited:

Now that I'll agree with you on :thumb:

The problem with touring is that if you're on the road, you need to cram in as many days as possible, otherwise you lose money because of all the people you have on staff sitting around doing nothing and getting paid. I read once that Metallica were losing over one million dollars a day anytime they didn't play a show because of all the staff they had to pay, equipment they were lugging, rooms that were booked etc etc.

Last edited:

He did that BBC show in February and then cancelled the first four dates of his American tour due to illness. Then he attempted to do the Myrtle Beach show and ended up cancelling the two after.

A couple of us drove 12 hours and instead of three shows, we saw 45 minutes of Grumpy moz. Friends of mine booked plane tickets and hotel rooms that weren't refunded due to last minute cancellations.

There's only one situation i'll blame the US for regarding Moz's cancellations, and that's if he contracted Swine Flu when he was over there.

I'm so down from this, but hey, at least we didn't have to see him pull out 20 minutes into his set if the gig was still on. Still, this may not get rescheduled/get rescheduled to a bad day.

f*** it, I would prefer 20 minutes that nothing. What about people who've travelled, booked hotels etc. I hope it is rescheduled, but I hoped the Roundhouse shows would be too...

Just called RAH to get a refund on my 2 tickets and they said I'll have to wait because they're waiting news from Morrissey's people. even if it gets rescheduled (I don't think it will) I actually lost my enthusiasm.

I emailed RAH and asked if I still had to pick my tickets up from the box office for them to be eligible, and they have just said that I could have either an immediate refund or they would send me tickets for any rescheduled date. Maybe they've had a change of heart?

Morrissey should learn a thing or two from Bruce Springsteen:

Last edited by a moderator:

A couple of us drove 12 hours and instead of three shows, we saw 45 minutes of Grumpy Moz. Friends of mine booked plane tickets and hotel rooms that weren't refunded due to last minute cancellations.

well, if he hadn't just done such a massive tour and worn himself out in the States perhaps the show would not have been cancelled tonight?
i'm not blaming you, i'm saying that if the schedule had been different it would perhaps prevent these cancellations. he should have done some UK dates first before embarking on his massive U.S. schedule, or just not had such a massive schedule in the 1st place

well, if he hadn't just done such a massive tour and worn himself out in the States perhaps the show would not have been cancelled tonight?
i'm not blaming you, i'm saying that if the schedule had been different it would perhaps prevent these cancellations. he should have done some UK dates first before embarking on his massive U.S. schedule, or just not had such a massive schedule in the 1st place

That's a bit xenophobic, he's not required to start the tour in a certain country.

right, so if he had done a tour in the UK first, and then came over to the states, and he cancelled the first few shows here, that wouldve been okay then? oh wait, he DID cancel the first few US shows. :rolleyes:

if he performs on jools after cancelling this, well... :mad:

Well, he might - he only has to warble 1 or 2 tunes on the show, as opposed to a whole gigs worth

maybe he just ran out of shirts and picked today to go shopping?

right, so if he had done a tour in the UK first, and then came over to the states, and he cancelled the first few shows here, that wouldve been okay then? oh wait, he DID cancel the first few US shows. :rolleyes:

thats a good idea, it'd only cost us £1.50 each to download 2 copys, its worth that to get him to number one, i'm sure theres enough of us on here to do it!

Bollocks - he's got enough of my money already!!

well it seems logical to me, he could cover England in a week, but it would take a month or more to cover america

This particular UK tour is especially scheduled for his 50th birthday in his home town.

Also economic reason Morrissey toured the States first, now in UK.

It's a coinsidence, but glad Morrissey toured the States before swine flu outbreak.

One a fan. Twice bitten

This has happened to me twice now. I know others have experienced more than that, and have had to travel further and with more cost. The fact that i feel crappy enough after two times and with only about 100 quid lost makes my heart go out to all the loyal overseas fans that have shelled out thousands and travelled miles. To them, i salute you. You are amazing and resiliant fans. Love you all.

i feel :sick:

Back
Top Bottom