Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
Their 'promotion' was pretty lacklustre - some of the bits they shared were just embarrassing - it was only a matter of time ("Fan Art Friday" 🙄).
In the grand scheme of things, I highly doubt Morrissey is the only artist that can rankle execs. If I was anyone doing business / interacting with Scott Rodger or had ever emailed him - I'd certainly have a trust issue right now.
Regards,
FWD.
The only ones who need have trust issues are those who bullshit in the public arena when there is a paper trail to the contrary.

It's a pity that such a shitty song blocked the release of the entire new album.
However, judging by the studio version of RWA how shitty the production of the entire album can be, it would be great if Mozi re-recorded BoT with the current line-up and Camilla on backing vocals in Veronica.
Indeed. 2024 can be a good year for Moz.
He’ll be 65, and 40 years since the release of The Smiths’ debut album.
Attention guaranteed and a good gap between the last album release.

Just do a self-released live album like Gene at the end of the 90s, containing all the songs on the "lost albums", then move on.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:can't stop laughing my ass off and shaking my head. He's done it AGAIN. Has he learned absolutely nothing from his career death Der Spiegel adventure? Don't provoke people until they spill the facts when you KNOW you are the reason/have said that etc. and it will backfire. How deluded is he?
This is so funny and sad at the same time. He just looks like a long term performance art comedy project now (Surprise! We wanted to show how often you can shoot yourself in the foot as an eccentric popstar, isn't in funny). A true nightclub act of yesteryear gags.

It was so obvious that he just hadn't complied with the contractual terms and that that had caused this situation, well now we have the confirmation.

Also, his e-mail? Full of desperation, to me he didn't want Miley mentioned, because he thinks she is special. To me it reads clearly, that he wanted the clout that a huge (and younger) star would bring him. This wasn't about Miley. This was and is only about him.
"It would help me 700% and would shock the print media and it would shock the radio" says it all (!!!)

Are we now still sure that he doesn't write these embarrassing Central posts?

Indeed. 2024 can be a good year for Moz.
He’ll be 65, and 40 years since the release of The Smiths’ debut album.
Attention guaranteed and a good gap between the last album release.
The trouble is, Morrissey hasn't put out a good album since 2009.

If he would swap Jesse for Alain and fire Donnie Nutcase, those would be two massive strides in the right direction.

The trouble is, Morrissey hasn't put out a good album since 2009.

If he would swap Jesse for Alain and fire Donnie Nutcase, those would be two massive strides in the right direction.
That’s an opinion and that’s fine. He has been reasonably successful with his last albums, too.
But releasing three albums from 2017-2020 was a bit too much. With a four year gap it’s easier to do promotion, but I do agree he first needs to be open for solutions.

1. People like Cyrus work with other people All THE TIME. To imagine releasing a backing vocal on an album track, would affect her sales is almost laughable.

2. Moz has turned into Sandy Shaw...desperate to appeal to a younger audience and whore their name with somebody popular with the masses.

3. It's embarrassing.

4. To release this stuff into the public domain...on Twitter/X at that...is very unprofessional. Who would want this guy to manage them?

So, Moz lied about the whole "censorship" thing and tried to turn his fanbase against the CEO of Capitol when she had done nothing wrong.
That’s the side of the Morrissey I dislike most. I’m fine with his long list of complaints, and recognise that validity of many, but wanting honest people in the stocks isn’t the best work of an artist who is generally loved for his veracity.

“They're saving their own skins…” and so on.

These chumps at Capitol are really sayin' that the
whole thing is 'cause of Miley Cyrus and all of ya
are so quick to believe it?
They don't even got the skills to settle the situation
with Miley's record label?

Morrissey values MC's guest vocal higher than actually releasing the album.

And we now know that Morrissey himself is the stumbing block to the album's release. Not Capitol.

He's surrounded himself with too many sycophants for too long.
Not that he necessarily thinks Miley is great but because he believes it is an easier path to selling units with her name on the release, which means more money for him him him. Oh, and he thinks it will give him that elusive minor hit. So sad and pathetic.

These chumps at Capitol are really sayin' that the
whole thing is 'cause of Miley Cyrus and all of ya
are so quick to believe it?
They don't even got the skills to settle the situation
with Miley's record label?
There is nothing to settle, they have every right to block their artist being on another release, and a court agrees with them, hence the injunction

It seems that the solution is to pay the advance back, get the album back... take off Miley's BV, release the song with Iggy Pop as a single, Do a UK tour with some decent support acts, that'll get some traction and then release the album.

But this is Morrissey, who won't pay back the advance, would release Bonfire of Teenagers as the single and then get a shitty Oi band to support him

2. Moz has turned into Sandy Shaw...desperate to appeal to a younger audience and whore their name with somebody popular with the masses.
Quite like that analogy! It does share some similarities with Sandie desperately clinging to Moz when he had already moved on.

Although it has to be said that Miley wanted to sing with Moz and not the other way round.

I feel like Moz has a point in pushing for it to be Miley's decision, not her managers. I feel like she wouldn't have done it in the first place if she weren't ok with it being public knowledge. So it seems like Morrissey firmly has his "artist" hat on where he says her word goes. Still shouldn't have gone ahead pushed on with it until he got the final word though, something in writing from Miley. I feel like her management probably is trying to protect her from Moz's current toxic reputation, which I guess is what a manager should be doing. But, again, she chose to do it ... weird.

So the stalemate seems to be - Morrissey wants the record released absolutely as is. Columbia don't care so long as Miley isn't on it. Capitol would release it if Morrissey relented to removing Veronica/re-doing with different volcals.

There is nothing to settle, they have every right to block their artist being on another release, and a court agrees with them, hence the injunction
Where is there mention of an injunction? I thought it just mentions a 'cease and desist'? That would come from Miley's record label legal team. Doesn't sound like anything actually went to court.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom