SER YT: Half A Person - crowd singing @ Dublin (July 15, 2023)

Erm…why is this video seemingly compiled of random other bits of footage rather than the actual footage of the song being performed? It doesn’t work at all.

Strange how people can watch the same video and some are moved by it and others focus on what they see as wrong with it, where’s the joy in that?

maybe this will sweeten the bitter ones…

I was moved by it. But I also thought the video was appalling (as a professional photographer & videographer myself).

Erm…why is this video seemingly compiled of random other bits of footage rather than the actual footage of the song being performed? It doesn’t work at all.
Having been in the audience, at the time this was an electric moment. I'm not sure the montage of other random scenes does it justice at all. Oh well.

This video is absolutely dreadful: the editing, the grading. He has had every opportunity to learn his craft and he is not good.
I noticed Sam filming from the stage in vids of the Dublin shows and was looking forward to seeing the results. He has got a bit more creative this time with drop-in shots and effects, still - the magic is all there.
Maybe M likes to keep things diy as anyway there are so many great vids from the crowd flooding out at each show.

Last edited:
Aghhh come on guys. Maybe Sam just isn't able yet to be fully up to pro standards and threaten Scorsese, he's obviously trying to step up a bit. There's some great crowd shots in this one - which must delight many.
Sounds like there are loads on here who can do better, but for how much? I'd love to have a go directing one, though I'd be immediately fired for featuring Carmen too much and insisting on full Imax filming and presentation. And for taking a decade to complete.

Skillshare is expensive, give him a break

Uncle is a below minimum wage employer and Sam is paid in dog biscuits
Let's face it Morrissey can't afford to splash the cash.
Being cancelled, tough on his bank balance.
Next, the homes for the elderly tour.

Where’s the video of people singing along to Without Music The World Dies?

“You don’t need to respect your government,
They can’t even govern themselves,
Ah, but without music the world dies,
Without music the world dies.”

Worst lyrics ever. What a waste of his talent.
He's telling people to throw their teles out and embrace Oscar Wilde.
He knows nothing of this world and can't write convincingly about much.

Let's face it Morrissey can't afford to splash the cash.
Being cancelled, tough on his bank balance.
Next, the homes for the elderly tour.
He'll have his Coutts bank account closed too.

Aghhh come on guys. Maybe Sam just isn't able yet to be fully up to pro standards and threaten Scorsese, he's obviously trying to step up a bit. There's some great crowd shots in this one - which must delight many.
Sounds like there are loads on here who can do better, but for how much? I'd love to have a go directing one, though I'd be immediately fired for featuring Carmen too much and insisting on full Imax filming and presentation. And for taking a decade to complete.
The point is, this is the promo material representing Morrissey. It makes him look like an amateur. This is what he's relying on now, instead of competently directed promos and videos, remember how good the Introducing Morrissey video was, directed by James O'Brien? Brilliant. I know this is supposed to be 'behind the scenes' stuff for social media but it's always this poor these days, from the album covers to the promotional efforts.

The point is, this is the promo material representing Morrissey. It makes him look like an amateur. This is what he's relying on now, instead of competently directed promos and videos, remember how good the Introducing Morrissey video was, directed by James O'Brien? Brilliant. I know this is supposed to be 'behind the scenes' stuff for social media but it's always this poor these days, from the album covers to the promotional efforts.
Yeah I know what you mean. There are some really great ones from way back, from big shows. Sam will be hard pushed to match any of that by himself.

I don't know about any harm being caused. Of course we want to see M looking good, but without record company promotion I guess this has to be it for now.

Yeah I know what you mean. There are some really great ones from way back, from big shows. Sam will be hard pushed to match any of that by himself.

I don't know about any harm being caused. Of course we want to see M looking good, but without record company promotion I guess this has to be it for now.
He could always hire a professional team to record shows etc. For some reason he prefers to have Sam do it. So be it, it's not a big deal. He's probably happy to have him there.

Somehow I missed when this was posted. I really liked it, actually. The crowd singing and Morrissey being silly. Just so sweet. I mean, I can’t make videos or anything like that, so I can’t judge Sam’s work. Mine would be far worse. But, yeah, good shot of the crowd that night and a general feel from the evening.

Ya’ll leave Sam alone. He’s a good guy!

Back
Top Bottom