Morrissey Central "CAPITOL WRECKERS" (October 15, 2023)

photo-output.png
Unknown-2.jpeg

Hi! I run Capitol Records and if I want to wreck Morrissey’s career
no one can stop me. Bye, now!

Related item:

Related media items:

If I was Morrissey, Id ask one of the musicians who worked on the album, probably over 10 people, to leak it. Someone MUST have it. I know its illegal but who gives a flying duck.
Theres a number of ways to do it, you can never trace it back.
Only thing about leaking it is you get no money back... but at least your fans will hear it?

Only thing about leaking it is you get no money back... but at least your fans will hear it?
That’s like telling all the staff in a hospital to work for free because, “well… at least you’re helping people get better, right?”

If I was Morrissey, Id ask one of the musicians who worked on the album, probably over 10 people, to leak it. Someone MUST have it. I know its illegal but who gives a flying duck.
That would mean he would make absolutely no money from the album though. That wouldn't make any sense. Artists make money from selling their art. It's allowed, even if that's news for UncleSkinflint.

Not sure what the point of mocking the very same people who have the power to get this unstuck is. Perhaps an appeal to fairness and the wishes of the fanbase would be better.

From a very desperate longtime listener.

This website has become uglier than ever, how is it even possible? The ones who write such hateful comments about Morrissey aren’t supporting him. You don’t like his music or maybe at one time, but you do come on here and cry about him being this and that. Get a life cowards.

Would anyone hoping to get a payday from this ever leak it?

what would the payday be from, album sales? watt probably got a fee and would make a little from streaming and a bit more maybe from vinyl sales etc while the others seemed like theyre in the band and would benefit more from live show ticket sales increasing with a new album to play or were just killing time while in lockdown. if i knew they werent going to release it id leak it just to take the wind out of there cynical attempt to bank a post death album. it could be like the various iggy stooges bootlegs that floated around forever before they got an actual release. also the plane stunt was great fun and reminded me of the sixties promotional stunts ive read about . i smiled. it sometimes surprises me that capitol would want to send this message to other musicians artists about how they conduct business. none of this fiasco even if its not all capitols fault is unprofessional and isnt a good look for them. watt seemed annoyed that it didnt come out. most average people dont have opinions about labels but now whenever i hear capitols name i inevitably mention this first

The worst of all is some Capitol exec surely checks out this website to get in touch with what his fanbase thinks about the issue.

I'll always be on the side of artists when it comes to fight major labels. Always.

So even if he screwed me and tens of thousands of people with his BS dengue excuse, I support him on this subject. So should you, if you are a fan (I am not)

This is really just Moz Central promoting a bit of fan footage. Kudos to TerranceStamp.
How flappable are we!

I also read this as Morrissey acknowledging the serious trouble taken by a fan to support him, by in turn taking the trouble to get in on the act himself after finding the relevant X post. He assumes to address Michelle Jubelirer as an equal, bantering as you would with a friend or sibling who isn't sharing something you think is yours too. They've probably met, haven't they? They probably know each other? Maybe Morrissey or terencestamp's airplane banner or both might get through!

Compared to incidents unfolding elsewhere, this is gentle amusing theatre, reflecting light down to earth - oh yes - and then some humour, too.

The world is all against me no. 6578! He was well respected, then started eyeing up the likes of Tommy Robinson. You reap what you sow.

Yes, we only have Central’s side of the story to speculate on. Which is why I posted earlier that it would be great to hear from Capitol and their reasons to not release it, after releasing RWA.
I absolutely agree with the idea of wanting Capitol's side of the story. At this juncture were I actually in Morrissey's camp, I would either engage serious legal representation to see whether or not the licensing deal to put rebels without applause on streaming platforms constitutes a performance of the contract which necessarily entails them releasi the entirety of the album. If not, then I would try to get the song removed from streaming platforms.

If All of those avenues have been tried, then ( since Morrissey clearly doesn't care about burning bridges anymore) I would love to see actual communications, emails contract everything else. If all of what he says is true (and right now and giving him the massive benefit of the doubt), put it out there. Places like Rolling Stone will pick it up and then you can be a part of a serious conversation about labels sitting on records.

It seems weird to say that Morrissey should be doing more (if he is the one who has been wronged by false promises) but given what he is already doing, I don't think he is going far enough in terms of explicit disclosure of documents and stuff.

I would still much rather him stand behind the art and the artistry of the album by doing full album live performances and cranking up the pressure that way, but if that's his style than surely he would have a problem leaking or publishing communications to further contextualize, give objective credence to his claims and further put pressure on Capitol for some kind of official response or even confirmation at this point.

Get their side of the story as to what the licensure entails and what pledges were made as far as releasing the album

Last edited:
The world is all against me no. 6578! He was well respected, then started eyeing up the likes of Tommy Robinson. You reap what you sow.
Or your are the company you keep either way posting YouTube clips of Paul Joseph Watson on his official Website to back up his views on diversity which is fine with me if that is his bag, but not exactly the type of guy I want to associate myself with or someone I wish to promote on my official website given he has a reputation as the editor of the far-right conspiracy website InfoWars which is known for peddling false and outlandish conspiracy theories including Sandyhook.

Well, at least Moz still wants to release BoT, and that's a good thing. I'm not sure annoying Capitol is the best way, but it used to work with my mother. "If I give you the album, would you stop?"

But I believe in one of the Central posts, it was mentioned that, not only are they releasing BoT, but will also be re-releasing older albums, or I’m remembering this wrong(?) which would require a contract, again not sure.

Ok found it … So I guess licensing must involve the signing of a contract, no?

‘Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats.’

When I hear about an artist being ‘signed’ I understand that that artist has some longstanding and exclusive mutual obligation: you’re on their Rosita going forward.

It’s perfectly possible to license material or sell a record company a recording without becoming a ‘signed’ (ie contractually obligated) artist I believe.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom