Morrissey Central "SHAKE THE HAND THAT SHOOK THE HAND" (January 5, 2024)

Meetings most prized, when the
pleasure and privilege was mine:
pressing palms, exuding charms;
times gone …
by Morrissey

full

Joan Collins and Anthony Newley.

1.Anthony Newley
2.Richard Attenborough
3.Lou Reed
4.Peter Wyngarde
5.Nancy Sinatra
6.David Bowie
7.Nico
8.Tom Jones
9.Marianne Faithfull
10.Richard Davalos
11.Eve Arden
12.Dick Gregory
13.Joan Collins
14.Cliff Richard
15.Luchiani Pavarotti
16.Ennio Morricone
17.Pat Phoenix
18.Mick Ronson
19.Iggy Pop
20.Martin Sheen
21.Pete Townshend
22.Mick Jagger
23.Jeff Beck
24.Al Martino
25.Victoria Wood
26.Joel Fabiani
27.Patti Smith
28.William Shatner
29.Rita Tushingham
30.Alan Bennett
31.David Bailey
32.Mel Gibson
33.Elaine Stritch
34.Vanessa Redgrave
35.Buffy Sainte-Marie
36.Paul Simon
37.Johnny Carson
38.Cathy McGowan
39.Kenny Lynch
40. Eartha Kitt
41.Jackson Browne
42.Joni Mitchell
43.Charles Pierce
44.David Johansen
45.Johnny Thunders
46.Mavis Nicholson
47.Leee Black Childers
48.Lauren Bacall
49.Dora Bryan
50.Joan Sims
51.Melvyn Bragg
52.Marc Bolan

Joel Fabiani and Peter Wyngarde in Department S

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d have no interest in meeting any of these people! What would I even say to them? “Oohh, I love your work! What was [insert actor here] like to work with? Can I get a picture with you?” No thank you! Unless they’re there to talk about meeeeee, and how fascinating they think I am, I’d rather not spend time in their company! Morrissey loves hierarchy though, when it suits him, so this list is right up his alley. It’s not ‘here’s a list of fans I met over the years who had a positive impact on my life’, it’s ’here’s a bunch of rich and famous people I once awkwardly spent 10 minutes in the company of; hopefully by associating my name with theirs I can regain some of my lost star power’. F*** right off, Mozzer! And denounce Israel’s conduct NOW. I remember you wrote a missive about Bashar al-Assad for crying out loud, someone you know nothing about, I think you can find the energy to write a few words about a country you’ve actually been to! You status seeking oaf! What, having a good 35 years of people fawning over you wasn’t enough? Missing the buzz of feeling extra special? Welcome to reality; it’s about time you rejoined us. Do you want me to cry for you or something?? Boo hoo, his phone’s not ringing constantly any more. Boo hoo, he only has tens of millions of pounds rather than hundreds of millions. Get a grip; could you look any more out of touch??

times gone …
by Morrissey

full

1.Anthony Newley
2.Richard Attenborough
3.Lou Reed
4.Peter Wyngarde
5.Nancy Sinatra
6.David Bowie
7.Nico
8.Tom Jones
9.Marianne Faithfull
10.Richard Davalos
11.Eve Arden
12.Dick Gregory
13.Joan Collins
14.Cliff Richard
15.Luchiani Pavarotti
16.Ennio Morricone
17.Pat Phoenix
18.Mick Ronson
19.Iggy Pop
20.Martin Sheen
21.Pete Townshend
22.Mick Jagger
23.Jeff Beck
24.Al Martino
25.Victoria Wood
26.Joel Fabiani
27.Patti Smith
28.William Shatner
29.Rita Tushingham
30.Alan Bennett
31.David Bailey
32.Mel Gibson
33.Elaine Stritch
34.Vanessa Redgrave
35.Buffy Sainte-Marie
36.Paul Simon
37.Johnny Carson
38.Cathy McGowan
39.Kenny Lynch
40. Eartha Kitt
41.Jackson Browne
42.Joni Mitchell
43.Charles Pierce
44.David Johansen
45.Johnny Thunders
46.Mavis Nicholson
47.Leee Black Childers
48.Lauren Bacall
49.Dora Bryan
50.Joan Sims
51.Melvyn Bragg
52.Marc Bolan

Nice enough. Now if only Central would continue in this way, as I suggested in the bridge thread.

Mick Jagger? That's odd, I thought "get off the stage" was about him. Though it must have been a nice meeting

times gone …
by Morrissey

full

1.Anthony Newley
2.Richard Attenborough
3.Lou Reed
4.Peter Wyngarde
5.Nancy Sinatra
6.David Bowie
7.Nico
8.Tom Jones
9.Marianne Faithfull
10.Richard Davalos
11.Eve Arden
12.Dick Gregory
13.Joan Collins
14.Cliff Richard
15.Luchiani Pavarotti
16.Ennio Morricone
17.Pat Phoenix
18.Mick Ronson
19.Iggy Pop
20.Martin Sheen
21.Pete Townshend
22.Mick Jagger
23.Jeff Beck
24.Al Martino
25.Victoria Wood
26.Joel Fabiani
27.Patti Smith
28.William Shatner
29.Rita Tushingham
30.Alan Bennett
31.David Bailey
32.Mel Gibson
33.Elaine Stritch
34.Vanessa Redgrave
35.Buffy Sainte-Marie
36.Paul Simon
37.Johnny Carson
38.Cathy McGowan
39.Kenny Lynch
40. Eartha Kitt
41.Jackson Browne
42.Joni Mitchell
43.Charles Pierce
44.David Johansen
45.Johnny Thunders
46.Mavis Nicholson
47.Leee Black Childers
48.Lauren Bacall
49.Dora Bryan
50.Joan Sims
51.Melvyn Bragg
52.Marc Bolan

Very Very disappointed my name isn't down on the list, I shook his hand in killarney in ireland after a concert ,although he refused to sign an autograph for me I think because I called him Steven and I said to him is this because of years of refusal, which he was promoting at the time, he acknowledged my sense of humour.

This talented guy is spying on Moz's autobiography, !! Lawrence would also want to have a picture with Moz, and Moz should have one with Lawrence H!!!!!

Attachments

• img_1_1683948231671.jpg
    img_1_1683948231671.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 0
I’d have no interest in meeting any of these people! What would I even say to them? “Oohh, I love your work! What was [insert actor here] like to work with? Can I get a picture with you?” No thank you! Unless they’re there to talk about meeeeee, and how fascinating they think I am, I’d rather not spend time in their company! Morrissey loves hierarchy though, when it suits him, so this list is right up his alley. It’s not ‘here’s a list of fans I met over the years who had a positive impact on my life’, it’s ’here’s a bunch of rich and famous people I once awkwardly spent 10 minutes in the company of; hopefully by associating my name with theirs I can regain some of my lost star power’. F*** right off, Mozzer! And denounce Israel’s conduct NOW. I remember you wrote a missive about Bashar al-Assad for crying out loud, someone you know nothing about, I think you can find the energy to write a few words about a country you’ve actually been to! You status seeking oaf! What, having a good 35 years of people fawning over you wasn’t enough? Missing the buzz of feeling extra special? Welcome to reality; it’s about time you rejoined us. Do you want me to cry for you or something?? Boo hoo, his phone’s not ringing constantly any more. Boo hoo, he only has tens of millions of pounds rather than hundreds of millions. Get a grip; could you look any more out of touch??
You okay tonight, honey bunny? You seem to be having some kind of episode.

This is probably a clarification following the Fox interview where he said that he had met everybody in his life that he wanted to meet.

No Rick Astley? Nor Joey Barton. Tsk.

There's still time for a musical duet with William Shatner. Actually, maybe he should get The Shat to replace Miley's vocals on 'I Am Veronica'? :unsure:

B-B-B-B-BOOYAH!

How many on this list will guest on Without Music The World Dies then ask to be removed?

Back
Top Bottom