Should Moz retire?

Christian Dior

After this years Spring/Summer cancelled concerts these are the first dates after a 3 month rest only for him to struggle towards the end of the Birmingham show and Collapse at Swindon. As much as we hate the thought, for his own health should he retire? Or health permitting would you be happy to see him less frequent in a arena tour?

Only him and his Dr can really answer that but ,on the surface,it looks like he should give up tours for a while.
Sounds like he needs his batteries recharged (creatively and physically) and get off the album/tour/album tour merry go round.

He certainly needs to take a long break especially from touring. Maybe he should slip into semi-retirement for a while and write his autobiography. He does not owe anyone anything. If he never sings another note or records another song he has given us all so much. He needs to put himself first, unwind, re-charge his batteries and look after his health now.

I think he should retire from live performance and carry on making albums. It's not ideal for the fans, but nor is the string of cancellations - so for his health's sake, he should just stop, because his body obviously can't cope with it.

Get well soon, Moz.

something that crossed my mind last night when i found out about the news: he has been playing a lot of shows this year, and there have been quite a few cancellations. maybe moz is really really ill -something only the band/management knows about- and that's why he's been doing so many shows, 'cuz he knows that it's going to end, and he wants to do as many shows as possible ... but yeah, what do i know? i just hope he gets better and i hope that his tourmanager takes the 'hint' and stops giving him these crazy tour schedules. no artist of his stature plays that many shows (20 shows in 30 days) back to back. i love him for it, 'cause it proves that mozz is still all about the music, but it's definately not good for moz' health.

For now he needs to rest, forget about touring and recording and everything like that...we will still be here 10 weeks, 10 months, 10 years down the line. If he decides that this is really "it" then I will of course be devastated but his health must come first.

He's given us so much. :(

After this years Spring/Summer cancelled concerts these are the first dates after a 3 month rest only for him to struggle towards the end of the Birmingham show and Collapse at Swindon. As much as we hate the thought, for his own health should he retire? Or health permitting would you be happy to see him less frequent in a arena tour?

He should retire........but only after a brief "reunion" tour with Marr. :guitar:

I don't think he should completely retire from playing shows forever, because I believe that he actually really loves what he does and that playing live probably is something very important for him, something he, in a way, needs.
But don't get me wrong, I truly believe that he needs to rest now, do whatever it takes to get well again, and then see what's next. Take as long time off as needed, and then maybe play some shows, but never again such a tight tour schedule in the recent past.
If he is really seriously ill, not just having a flu or something, then that's of course something else, then I would fully support it if he decided never to play live again, but I of course I hope that this is not the case.

Only retire or make sure his record company are not putting him on these incredibly gruelling tours all over the world.

He should do what is best for him, this is only his choice to make. I really really really hope he doesn't retire, but if he does, I will live with that... as long as he is alive and healthy. This is the most important thing...
And I really hope there is nothing seriously wrong with his health. When will we have an update?

He should take a nice long holiday, and relax.Then if he wishes to tour and carry on, do it on the level he was doing it in the nineties.Tour every few years or so.No need to go out and play every year like it practically has been most of this decade.Get better, Morrissey.

I don't think he should completely retire from playing shows forever, because I believe that he actually really loves what he does and that playing live probably is something very important for him, something he, in a way, needs.
But don't get me wrong, I truly believe that he needs to rest now, do whatever it takes to get well again, and then see what's next. Take as long time off as needed, and then maybe play some shows, but never again such a tight tour schedule in the recent past.
If he is really seriously ill, not just having a flu or something, then that's of course something else, then I would fully support it if he decided never to play live again, but I of course I hope that this is not the case.

This.

He should take a nice long holiday, and relax.Then if he wishes to tour and carry on, do it on the level he was doing it in the nineties.Tour every few years or so.No need to go out and play every year like it practically has been most of this decade.Get better, Morrissey.

And this.

Of course a lot of people (including me) would be terribly disappointed if he retired now, but I really think he should do what's best for him. Hopefully this is just a minor blip, but if he decided to stop touring and recording, I would completely understand that.

I think he should retire from live performance and carry on making albums. It's not ideal for the fans, but nor is the string of cancellations - so for his health's sake, he should just stop, because his body obviously can't cope with it.

Get well soon, Moz.

I agree. I can't see him wanting to stop making music, but I'd rather have a healthy Moz singing to me through my headphones than an unhealthy Moz passing out six feet away from me.

Whatever's best for him.

I don't think Moz should ever fully retire. He's a creative man and will always have ideas. I don't see why he can't go on recording for many years to come.

Having said that, he needs to cut his touring down. The amount of cancellations he's racking up at the minute aren't fair on anyone, least of all him.

He seems to still want to go and perform live so if he wants to carry on (and doctors think it's safe for him to do so) he should just cut his schedule down.

Rather than the huge UK tours he's been doing over the last few years he should just hit the big cities and do the arenas. It's fantastic to go and see Moz perform in out of the way places at odd little venues but if it means he can prolong his career then I'd rather him just do, for example, Manchester Evening News, Wembley Arena, Birmingham NEC and a few more of the major arenas.

Hold onto your horses. As far as we can tell the man has just passed out and had a precautionary one nights stay in hospital. It's a bit premature to start pensioning him off.

Last edited:
I don't think Moz should ever fully retire. He's a creative man and will always have ideas. I don't see why he can't go on recording for many years to come.

Having said that, he needs to cut his touring down. The amount of cancellations he's racking up at the minute aren't fair on anyone, least of all him.

He seems to still want to go and perform live so if he wants to carry on (and doctors think it's safe for him to do so) he should just cut his schedule down.

Rather than the huge UK tours he's been doing over the last few years he should just hit the big cities and do the arenas. It's fantastic to go and see Moz perform in out of the way places at odd little venues but if it means he can prolong his career then I'd rather him just do, for example, Manchester Evening News, Wembley Arena, Birmingham NEC and a few more of the major arenas.

Trouble is, that's what most artists do and I think Morrissey prides himself on being different to the rest of the rabble.

Tags
no!!
Back
Top Bottom