"Spent The Day In Bed" chart position (not in UK Top 100 singles)

Just to confirm that 'Spent the Day in Bed' failed to chart in the UK last week. This is the first time a lead-off single from one of Morrissey's albums has failed to crack the Top 100 in the UK ('World Peace' managed to get to #83).

Do you think it might do better next week following the TV coverage on Jools Holland?

Still lots of seats for the Seattle show. I guess Diesel will be handing out free tickets the day of the show.

NO SELL OUT! then there will be NO show for the bad people in Seattle. NO free tix. Cancellation is what you get.
:swear

Wait... I almost forgot... the BLACK Curtain..........OK. Maybe you will have show if the unsold seats can be covered by the curtain.

NO SELL OUT! then there will be NO show for the bad people in Seattle. NO free tix. Cancellation is what you get.
:swear

Wait... I almost forgot... the BLACK Curtain..........OK. Maybe you will have show if the unsold seats can be covered by the curtain.

I wish you would be covered by a black curtain.

I wo... wo.. wonder.... why this NOT NEWS about the chart position remains almost a day in the front page of Morrissey-solo, when in Morrissey's official Facebook page was posted this beautiful video shared here some days ago for the first time by its author, who seems to be an old member of this site. Sometimes there are totally irrelevant Facebook posts in the main page and this video, posted in Morrissey's page as a "fan video", seems to be unexplainable ignored. Just curious. I know, curiosity killed the cat.

Fan video in Morrissey's Facebook page

Last edited:
Still lots of seats for the Seattle show. I guess Diesel will be handing out free tickets the day of the show.

I've been deliberately keeping Diesel on a low profile in the hope he might show up on the radar but he's not been seen for a long time.
It could be all off and Steve is going straight or Diesel may have been told to walk further behind than normal. Now that you have raised the subject though I'd like to appeal to the public to get in touch if they have any information on Diesels whereabouts.

#low on diesel

Benny-the-British-Butcher

It may not matter to you but it will matter a great deal to Morrissey & to his management/record company. Even with significant television & radio plugging STDIB has simply not registered on listener's radar. Making excuses saying that 'nobody buys singles anymore' is totally irrelevant as the music industry business model has moved on to incorporate streaming data as 'equivalent sales'. Morrissey is nowhere to be seen on the UK Spotify streaming Top 200 either today or for the last week. Alongside the UK Charts this means his new single is a total FLOP & is being ignored by the UK public. It remains to be seen if there will be the same reaction to the next single and the album as a whole. It will be 'interesting' to see how Morrissey responds to this. Will he accept he is now a legacy act for a middle-age 'fan' demographic? Or continue his absurd 'conspiracy theories' that 'they' are somehow trying to stop the UK public from hearing his new music. The UK public has heard his new single. Their reaction is total indifference.

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/gb/weekly/latest

My. Money is on the latter!

i read somewhere that two idiots from Love Island are number on in the download charts! Says it all.

Maybe that's Morrissey's next step! A sting on celebrity big brother.

Is this a song title ? B-side perhaps ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Yeah, but he changed it into lonely.
Makes sense.
Simplicity is king.
Nowadays.
But I am not the one complaining.

Here we go two, three, four !

One Steve Barnett !
There's only one Steve Barnett !
One Steve Barnett !
There's only one Steve Barnett !

Super !
Super Kate !
Super !
Super Kate !
Super !
Super Kate !
Super Kate Middleton !

They're here !
They're there !
They're every 4kinwhere !
MI5 !
MI5 !

Shall I write a song ?
Shall I write a song ?
Shall I write a decent song for Steve ?
Shall I write a Numro uno for Steve ?

Walk on !
Walk on !
Super cop Raffaele Barone
And you'll never walk alone !
You'll never walk alone !

I may seem cold
Or I may even be
The most depressing person you have ever known
I am the last truly
British Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
You will ever know
Oh Steve :rolleyes:

#the writing zon the wall :cool:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Jaysus wept! Just when you thought Benjaminge could not possibly be any more of a colossal twat...

I'm sure Moz would rather be charting with his singles. Who wouldn't? I think if he and BMG were THAT interested they would have coordinated the release of the single with the vinyl the same day. They would have released the single by itself. That suggests expectations were not high for a high chart placement. It's only a matter of time before an artist's cache in the singles game wanes. Hell even Elton John struggles to chart on the upper regions of the singles charts. Prince barely charted with singles for the last half of his career! Moz was still scoring Top 10s when Prince was old news on the singles market. Madonna is kaputs. What matters is the album sales (but Moz will make much more dosh at shows anyway). I would imagine anything less than a Top 5 Album placement would be a disappointment. I think a Top 5 is a sure thing.

Nope! She isn't. She understands the new reality, adapts, responds to it & thus gets 254,513,929 views for a single.

Here in very liberal Oregon, I just opened up the box office for his Halloween show, selected best ticket, and got orchestra, row H. I've never seen a show of his here A: not sell out within a couple of days, and B: still have tickets in the 8th row available almost a week after going on sale. This is pretty dire looking.

EDIT: And I just went to stubhub to have a look, and the tickets that are on there, most of them are at or BELOW face value. That's craziness.

There's only so many times you can tour as a 'legend' before most people have ticked you off their 'bucket list' of gigs to see, alongside other 'legends' such as Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, Bob Dylan etc. Then all that's left is a core audience who are still interested in new music beyond the 'hits'.

If Morrissey stops playing Smith's track live, his attendance figures would plummet & promoters simply wouldn't book him. It's going to be very interesting to see if he can now accept he is indeed a 'heritage' act who only gets bums on seats by playing 30 year old songs or if he wilds out and tries to force WPINOYB/LIHS on disinterested punters who are only there to hear a few 'legendary Smith's songs' before crossing him off their 'to do' list.

Well, U2 single "You're the Best Thing About Me" was released 6 September 2017 (1,099,946 views on youtube) - UK Singles (Official Charts Company) only 92, and drop...
so, ...

Incorrect. Lyric video has 3,565,121 views & 'official video' has 1,131,615 views to date.
YouTube viewing figures are world-wide so not really a reliable guide to UK chart places.

There's only so many times you can tour as a 'legend' before most people have ticked you off their 'bucket list' of gigs to see, alongside other 'legends' such as Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, Bob Dylan etc. Then all that's left is a core audience who are still interested in new music beyond the 'hits'.

If Morrissey stops playing Smith's track live, his attendance figures would plummet & promoters simply wouldn't book him. It's going to be very interesting to see if he can now accept he is indeed a 'heritage' act who only gets bums on seats by playing 30 year old songs or if he wilds out and tries to force WPINOYB/LIHS on disinterested punters who are only there to hear a few 'legendary Smith's songs' before crossing him off their 'to do' list.
I think it's the right wing blah blah, honestly. Especially in Portland where that is an unpopular thing to be.
The three Morrissey fans I know who are absolutely rabid for the guy are all sitting this tour out. Including the one who has made the Manchester pilgrimage and flown all over the place to see him. One because of the new songs, two because they don't feel like they can support him anymore because of his statements. I've heard the phrase "f*** that guy" more than once when his name is brought up with casual fans, starting about a year ago.

It's going to be interesting if his US tour kicks off to a half filled house.

Incorrect. Lyric video has 3,565,121 views & 'official video' has 1,131,615 views to date.
YouTube viewing figures are world-wide so not really a reliable guide to UK chart places.

Andy, we talk about UK, so everything is correct, specially 92 position on UK official charts. Cheers.

I think it's the right wing blah blah, honestly. Especially in Portland where that is an unpopular thing to be.
The three Morrissey fans I know who are absolutely rabid for the guy are all sitting this tour out. Including the one who has made the Manchester pilgrimage and flown all over the place to see him. One because of the new songs, two because they don't feel like they can support him anymore because of his statements. I've heard the phrase "f*** that guy" more than once when his name is brought up with casual fans, starting about a year ago.

It's going to be interesting if his US tour kicks off to a half filled house.

Morrissey has a very serious image problem, one that could totally derail his career if he comes to be seen as a rabid right-wing nutjob. But I doubt there's anyone who can tell him to stop these outbursts as it's the only way he now gets any media attention. He is now largely known for his bizarre outbursts, rather than for his music.

He also has a problem with ticket prices. He charges A List prices for a C List act. Once people have seen him once as a 'rock legend' they're likely to balk at paying over the odds again to hear mostly new music and right-wing endorsements. If the album makes sense as a whole I'm sure he'll be able to continue touring smaller venues but if he goes too far with his trolling he could alienate a lot of his fan base who seem to regard him as a 'liberal' when he's just a confused troll who'll say anything to get attention.

Tags
low in high school info
Back
Top Bottom