"Spent The Day In Bed" official video; London, LA pop-up shops; UK and Europe dates TBA - NME

Morrissey unveils ‘Spent The Day In Bed’ video starring Joey Barton and announces pop-up shops - NME

'
Spend The Day In Camden'

Morrissey has unveiled the new video for comeback single ‘Spent The Day In Bed’ starring footballer Joey Barton. He’s also announced details of special pop-up shops for fans.

Last month, the footballer shared a photo of his time with Morrissey and revealed that they’d been shooting a video together. Now, he’s shared the official clip for the launch single of his comeback album ‘Low In High School’.

Filmed at the 142 year-old Peckham Liberal Club, ‘Spent The Day In Bed’ was directed by Sophie Muller (Beyoncé, Kings Of Leon, Blur, The Killers and Annie Lennox), and shows Barton pushing a typically deadpan Morrissey around in a wheelchair. The video also features artist David Hoyle.

Meanwhile, Morrissey has also announced details of special pop-up shops in London and LA to mark the release of his new album – offering ‘exclusive media and merchandise’.

The first shop will be open in London on Friday 17 – Sunday 19 November at Provender Building, Camden Market, NW1 8AH and will open at 8am on Friday 17. A second will also open for Stateside fans at 8250 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90048.

40963_Morrissey-MFL-FM_A2Poster_London-v2_1000-649x920.jpg

Featuring ‘the most Morrissey tracklist ever‘ and lead single ‘Spent The Day In Bed‘, Morrissey’s 11th solo album ‘Low In High School’ will be released on November 17.

UK and European tour dates are expected to be announced in the weeks ahead.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. His outfit reminded me of the November video. I wonder if he'll get a lot of noise about using a wheelchair even though he doesn't need one. Is the inference that he gets wheeled into an empty room where he imagines he is in a band?
I didn't like the stage show during "time do as I wish". It just looked crass and irrelevant, but overall I like the video. Jesse cracks me up with the faces he pulls. You'd swear he was trying to play Mozart on his guitar.

:thumb: sure the top wasn't a coincidence.

In the opening of the video as he's being pushed... I thought because of the train sounds he was on a train... no rain, no train ?

Where's Alan Bennett ? on the cutting room floor?

.(edit: below, as pointed out by Butley in post #5 is the cabaret artist David Hoyle.)

maybe M was inspired by this show....

BRILLIANT !!! :thumb:

Last edited:
:thumb: sure the top wasn't a coincidence.

In the opening of the video as he's being pushed... I thought because of the train sounds he was on a train... no rain, no train ?

Where's Alan Bennett ? on the cutting room floor?

No, I guess he is at home, having his tea with a biscuit, scanning the obituary pages of The Times, sneakily hoping they declared him not on the planet anymore. And having a smirk on his face. :laughing:

Was Hoyle channeling the Thin White Duke in this video at Morrissey’s behest?

don't know. think there was a little smirk when he sings 'castration'.

No, I guess he is at home, having his tea with a biscuit, scanning the obituary pages of The Times, sneakily hoping they declared him not on the planet anymore. And having a smirk on his face. :laughing:

Kind of a brilliant take on the aging pop star. He's aged, as we all do, but because he's in the public eye they've rendered him useless and stuck him in a wheelchair and told him to retire. I like the bit where he's being pushed about by everyone in the wheelchair, being sent reeling from one person to another. Perhaps a metaphor for his struggles to find place for himself in the music scene/with record labels as the elder statesman of indie.

9ce14d74011a7119efb8c3ed715ca26e--jackson-family-michael-jackson.jpg

Kind of a brilliant take on the aging pop star. He's aged, as we all do, but because he's in the public eye they've rendered him useless and stuck him in a wheelchair and told him to retire. I like the bit where he's being pushed about by everyone in the wheelchair, being sent reeling from one person to another. Perhaps a metaphor for his struggles to find place for himself in the music scene/with record labels as the elder statesman of indie.

Indeed. I think I would've appreciated the song immediately if my first listen was accompanied by this video. STDIB was a grower for me - but I'm there!

Like many I also agree with miserable lies summation. Really well done and as lanterns commented confidently subdued. It does feel a bit late with the lyric video already getting so much attention but I’m glad to see another well made video in the catalog. Seems like they’re really focusing on maintaining attention for the albums release vs singles charts or sales

Indeed. I think I would've appreciated the song immediately if my first listen was accompanied by this video. STDIB was a grower for me - but I'm there!

It is an aspect of Moz which I really value and sometimes has been overlooked.
Songs that initially didn't bother me much on first listening but gradually grew on me.
Some of that growers I now consider to be brilliant and very much enjoy.
Because of the large catalogue of music, The Smiths and Moz solo, there are still songs that are there and that can reveal their charm at any given moment upon relistening.
I guess I am not alone in this case but each "fan" has it's own favourite growers.
I like that very much. :thumb:

Morrissey unveils ‘Spent The Day In Bed’ video starring Joey Barton and announces pop-up shops.

Filmed at the 142 year-old Peckham Liberal Club, ‘Spent The Day In Bed’ was directed by Sophie Muller (Beyoncé, Kings Of Leon, Blur, The Killers and Annie Lennox), and shows Barton pushing a typically deadpan Morrissey around in a wheelchair. The video also features artist David Hoyle.

A day out for ol' Moz in a wheelchair :)
It would appear the cryptic tweet was regarding the location of 'pop-up shops'.
Regards,
FWD.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/morri...rring-joey-barton-announces-pop-shops-2150870

Can you (or any other kind soul) download the YouTube 1080p version and put it up in the download section?
That would be great, cause my tools don´t work... :-(

That top is a little unflattering for a man of Morrissey's age - it really emphasises the moobs in some shots. Or was that the point, perhaps?

Great video, with lots of meaningful implicit messages. It's great Morrissey can have a good promotional video for this release.

Joey Barton has a lot of potential. Is he acting or something related?

I loved the video. I really think that it's great that he made a video for this song .It's a pretty cool.

I hate the song and hate his band. Is this all you've got left to offer, Moz.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom