Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Physical Therapy???
Good God, Moz IS everywhere!
It was quite surprising considering they're always playing fergie and the black eyed peas. I have a feeling my physical therapist put it on the mixed CD because I was wearing a smiths shirt the other day, and I was talking about how much I love morrissey. It was also nice to listen to while the guy was digging into my knee. ;)

Oh! And also, the place where I had knee surgery they had quotes on the wall and one of them was "there is a light and it never goes out" :p

I found a Danish animated film called A Tale of Two Mozzies (Cyklemyggen Og Dansemyggen, director Jannik Hastrup) on 52nd London Film Festival programme.

I didn't know mozzie is a baby word of mosquito. :o

I remember when I went to Malaysia I burst out laughing at a brand of mosquito repellent they sold in a shop. Why? It was called Moz Away. :D

I thought it would be much more useful for me if it was Moz C'mere instead. :o

I remember when I went to Malaysia I burst out laughing at a brand of mosquito repellent they sold in a shop. Why? It was called Moz Away. :D

I thought it would be much more useful for me if it was Moz C'mere instead. :o

tht reminds me of a comic where somebody imagined a gozilla moz whenever hearing the word mozilla
comic in attachment

Small references in difrerent places

I was just reading the thread about the little reference to Morrissey in the Guardian. It just got me thinking, I love the small Smiths/Morrissey references you find in places.
I was pleased one day to find that in our Student Union bookshop, they give out free bookmarks at the tills, written on them is "there's more to life than books you know, but not much more."
Needless to say, I took off with about twenty.

Anyone else found any little references in unexpected places?

Probably been mentioned already but I was listening to the Manics for the first time in ages and in their song "1985" are the lyrics;

"In 1985, my words they came alive,
friends were made for life,
Morrissey and Marr gave me choice.
In 1985, in 1985."

Never noticed it before. Great song too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
On a music quiz show last night the question was:

What does singer Morrissey ask his roadies to do at each soundcheck

a) avoid eye contact with him
b) spray perfume into the first rows
c) dance around wildly

The team got the question right b)...and I couldn't help but think that the info came from here.

Then an art journal I was reading had an interview with artist Darren Sylvester talking about how music inspires his art. He was aksed the Q "Is there a reason Morrissey hasn't been referenced in your work?" he answered "Because you can't touch Morrissey. I know the rules of being a Morrissey fan"

On a music quiz show last night the question was:

What does singer Morrissey ask his roadies to do at each soundcheck

a) avoid eye contact with him
b) spray perfume into the first rows
c) dance around wildly

The team got the question right b)...and I couldn't help but think that the info came from here.

Then an art journal I was reading had an interview with artist Darren Sylvester talking about how music inspires his art. He was aksed the Q "Is there a reason Morrissey hasn't been referenced in your work?" he answered "Because you can't touch Morrissey. I know the rules of being a Morrissey fan"

There are rules? Gee, I hope I haven't violated any of them. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I walked into a Diesel store and they were playing Sister I'm A Poet. :eek::D A little while later I heard Mark Ronson's cover of Stop Me at J.Crew--thankfully, I was on my way out the door when it started to play! ;)

I find the likeness of Morrissey on the keycard reader every time I enter my gated community. ;) It's not a cheeto or a weeping statue, but still pretty cool.

2909994237_8144ab8dab.jpg

It's when he was in his Maladjusted era of course, the keyhole cuts off the quiff. :)

I find the likeness of Morrissey on the keycard reader every time I enter my gated community. ;) It's not a cheeto or a weeping statue, but still pretty cool.

2909994237_8144ab8dab.jpg

It's when he was in his Maladjusted era of course, the keyhole cuts off the quiff. :)

Could you explain this again? This will annoy me all night if i don't get it...:)

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom