tell us about the last Film you saw

I watched "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" again last night. I also watched a bit of "The lost boys" again.

Saw 2 features in a row:

Cry+Baby+%25281990%2529+%255BDC%255D+DVDRIP+350MB+MKV+DOWNLOAD.jpg

poster.jpg

I got to see a silent movie at the cinema again today. The movie in question was Po Zakonu, a soviet film from 1926 by Lev Kuleshov and based on Jack London's novel The Unexpected. It was about gold diggers in Yukon taking the law in their own hands punishing a murder among them. I really liked it and the music was great. Does anyone else like silent movies or am I the only one? I really like the combination of moving pictures and live music.

I got to see a silent movie at the cinema again today. The movie in question was Po Zakonu, a soviet film from 1926 by Lev Kuleshov and based on Jack London's novel The Unexpected. It was about gold diggers in Yukon taking the law in their own hands punishing a murder among them. I really liked it and the music was great. Does anyone else like silent movies or am I the only one? I really like the combination of moving pictures and live music.

I do. (At least the one I watched.) I was bored one night and put on a silent film on netflix on demand, and then it was actually interesting. My mom, my sister, and I are really silly and make joking commentary when we watch movies, and while we watched this one we pretended to say what the actors where acting out. It sounds dumb, but it was really funny, and my little sister was falling over laughing. The movie was "Why Change Your Wife?" Even without the commentary it was a pretty good movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do. (At least the one I watched.) I was bored one night and put on a silent film on netflix on demand, and then it was actually interesting. My mom, my sister, and I are really silly and make joking commentary when we watch movies, and while we watched this one we pretended to say what the actors where acting out. It sounds dumb, but it was really funny, and my little sister was falling over laughing. The movie was "Why Change Your Wife?" Even without the commentary it was a pretty good movie.

I haven't seen that one. But if you ever get the chance I'd recommend you to see a silent movie at the cinema. It is a totally different experience with live music instead of the pre-recorded music on television. And if you should see one silent film in your life, apart from the one you've alreday seen, it should be The General by Buster Keaton. This is the funniest film ever made.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen about half a dozen movies since my last post to this thread.
Only one of which I would call in the "A range"
Redbeltposter.jpg

its worth renting if you have not seen it :thumb:
anyways, the other thing tangently "movie related" is remember
I watched
Mystery_date_poster.jpg

As I watched it, I remember I had seen it almost 20 years ago :eek:
and with a hot "dirty blonde" named Catherine(who looked a bit like Teri Polo) man, I wonder where she is now :confused:
this post I made? well, guess what!?
2 days ago, I met Catherine again :eek: turns out she has been up here in the high desert all these years and is now married to one of my brother's friends :cool:
which is just weird man, weird, some people never make it out of this hell on earth :straightface:

:
I've seen about half a dozen movies since my last post to this thread.
Only one of which I would call in the "A range"
Redbeltposter.jpg

its worth renting if you have not seen it :thumb:
anyways, the other thing tangently "movie related" is remember

this post I made? well, guess what!?
2 days ago, I met Catherine again :eek: turns out she has been up here in the high desert all these years and is now married to one of my brother's friends :cool:
which is just weird man, weird, some people never make it out of this hell on earth :straightface:

Now, was she a 'dirty blonde' or a 'DIRTY blonde':blushing:. Maybe it's an omen, maybe you've discovered a worm hole where if you watch a film previously seen with a hot date, 2 weeks later they appear to you and act out their hair colour.:p

the-lovely-bones-shot-24-11-09-kc.jpg

I watched this again, the last half anyway. THe first time I saw it the movie made me angry for reasons that are too boring to go into, but watching it again, it's really a beautifully done movie.

the-lovely-bones-shot-24-11-09-kc.jpg

I watched this again, the last half anyway. THe first time I saw it the movie made me angry for reasons that are too boring to go into, but watching it again, it's really a beautifully done movie.

CG, I was utterly bored by that film. I yawned all the way through it. I know it gets a good write up, but I found nothing of beauty or value in it.

one of my fave films of all time :blushing: however, I doubt I shall watch it again :eek:
it just dredges up too many now painful memories :straightface:
but enough about that, I have seen another 5 or 6 films since my last post to this thread
one for the 2nd time, 1st time @ home though:
Tron_Legacy_poster.jpg

I really liked it in the imax, but @ home, not as much, still its a solid B
primarily on the presence of Olivia Wilde in it :love:
another film I watched was
Quitting_DVD_cover.jpg

which I give a C+, in part because of it being unintentionally hilarious, to me
see, the main character is obsessed with the Beatles, and keeps saying the lyrics to "Let It Be" over and over again
however, the translation made the line into "Take it, naturally" :lbf:
everytime I read that, I just laughed and laughed...

Last edited:
:

Now, was she a 'dirty blonde' or a 'DIRTY blonde':blushing:. Maybe it's an omen, maybe you've discovered a worm hole where if you watch a film previously seen with a hot date, 2 weeks later they appear to you and act out their hair colour.:p
by dirty blonde, I mean her hair, though she was quite naughty back then :p
however, she is married now and I am fat, jobless and ugly, so I don't think I got much shot with her, OK nightie? :rolleyes:
&
CG, I was utterly bored by that film. I yawned all the way through it. I know it gets a good write up, but I found nothing of beauty or value in it.
thats messed up, I really like that film and you should too! :cool::p

Before watching a gr8 episode of "Fringe" & then "Camelot" :guitar:
First my mum and me watched:
Stone_of_destiny.jpg

movies like this make her and me too in this case :o cry by the end :straightface:
but in a good way I guess :blushing:

ps: oh yeah no grade for this film, I can hardly be objective about it since it deals with a subject near and dear to my heart like Scottish nationalism :love:

First my mum and me watched

My mum? :squiffy: We call them moms here Robby! Lol! :D

I just watched a movie I think you recently watched but it's to hot in the house to read back the thread.

3261719856_0f57c5d734.jpg

Interesting plot, I remember seeing it in the theater the first time, but today I wanted my two and a half hours back from watching Tom Cruise love his beautiful face so hard every other scene. If I didn't suspect that in real life he thinks he's the God of Scientology, it wouldn't have been so bad, but he's a talented actor and all. I know that. On a more interesting note, and the reason I saw it in the theater the first time was to see my sister's boyfriend who is an extra in the film. I hadn't met him yet and went to the movie to see him. Today we were cheering during his scene, he's the bartender in the scene when Tom Cruise is in the bar and tells everybody to be silent and they stand there staring at him in silence. He got the part because he was Tom Cruise's driver and he liked him, said he's give him a good role. Barten ders YEAH! Woot woot!!!!!! :p

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom