Morrissey Central "The importance of an artist can be found in the efforts to silence him." (June 30, 2023)

IMG_5645.jpeg
IMG_5646.jpeg
IMG_5647.jpeg
IMG_5648.jpeg

unnamed-2.jpg

Does Morrissey post these things just for a laugh, or could he be taking the Micky?
Surely he can’t be serious with such statements.
I can only conclude that he is just
Keeping up the Morrissey brand.

Anyhow, South America is looking good.

VIVA MORRISSEY 🇦🇷🇧🇷

Got my ticket today. Yay!

South America looking reeeally good. 🇧🇷🇦🇷

Just self release your music via mporium. Suede have just released their latest record without have a contract. Kin ell it ain’t hard is it

These loathsome posts on Morrissey Central need to stop, it doesn't do him or his image any favours. If Morrissey started to appear in the press then some interest may actually happen. No-one is going to sign a recluse, not these days. Labels want someone who is out there, getting seen and being seen. The only clickbait associated to Morrissey is negative clickbait. It's time he change that. He talks about not being afraid to speak, to speak your mind etc., but he seems to be doing just that, and when he doesn't it's only to a nodding Fiona.

A tour should include an interview or two, at least, within the music press or press itself. Has he really alienated everyone or do they just assume he'll say 'no'?
He needs a manager first. Who's going to set up the interviews?

He should engage with the press, even if a little. And if he doesn't want the press to run with some clickbait quote, don't give that to them. He can say he'll only talk about his albums and tours. Or just refuse to answer questions that are obviously looking for a clickbait answer ("would you press a button to kill Trump" kinda questions)

I want to know how he pays the band or for studio time without a contract. It must be out of his own savings?
For sure. He can afford it.

Anyway, I love Morrissey but ... yes, he is a victim of his own narcissism. On the one hand, he always claims to be so successful with his tours without the hype and support. On the other hand, he says his albums flop because of a lack of record company/management support.
When it comes to the music business, while Morrissey may have kept his integrity, he has lost his mind.
He also seems to think that people in the industry simply exist to support him and his career. No, they are there to make money and advance their own careers. So you're free to say anything you want. No one is stopping you. No one is censoring you. But no one else is obligated to support it, either. Don't like it? Release your music for free on the Internet, dummy.
Capitol is keeping his album and refusing to release it. And the press' silence about it is a bit baffling (giving one interview or two would help though).

Yes, as if he's the first pop star in history to experience being slightly less popular and successful than they used to be.
He's maybe pointing out the contradiction between the attitudes towards him in the Anglosphere and out of it (hence South America and Israel)

"No media interest in "40 years of Morrissey" anniversary"

Apart from being a useful promo tag on a tour poster, I didn't realise this was an actual thing.

As this period of time includes the Smiths era, Maybe Johnny Marr can help out with a few interviews talking about that time.

"No media interest in "40 years of Morrissey" anniversary"

Apart from being a useful promo tag on a tour poster, I didn't realise this was an actual thing.

As this period of time includes the Smiths era, Maybe Johnny Marr can help out with a few interviews talking about that time.

Pretty sure the 40th anniversary was an afterthought anyway... otherwise the upcoming UK dates would have been billed the same. They were also a week or so late posting about the Hand In Glove anniversary on Mom Central.

Its all just knee-jerk reactions without any really thought going into anything.

Yes, as if he's the first pop star in history to experience being slightly less popular and successful than they used to be.

No, I hear you. He’s far from the first.

Reading a Leonard Cohen bio at the moment, and he went through similar situations, with Columbia not wanting to release his album in America because they felt he wasn’t hip to the trends, etc.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom