The new Morrissey song, 'Scandinavia'...

Am I right in thinking that the version currently on YouTube is missing a verse? Or does the song start with the Crime in Trondhiem line?

I figured the Stab me in your own time refrain was the chorus and that the vid was simply missing more of the song. I like it so far but would like there to be more to it.

It is the chorus...it's just the video is missing the first time he sings it. I'm sure a verse or two is missing as well.

Probably. Or Clas Ohlsson, even. :D

I love Clas Ohlsson. Its better than sex in that shop. I don't know why. I hate Ikea but Clas Ohlsson. Oooh yeh. I love it, LOVE IT!!!

Oh, how I am so glad The Smiths will never reform! With lyrics like these Morrissey I'm sure that Johnny Marr will be saying "no" to you :D
Isn't it funny how in The Smiths every word Morrissey sung, you could relate to in your life somehow and now every word Morrissey sings, it has no meaning to you what so ever!

When listening to this song I hope one day. The Cocteau Twins will reform and perform together!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, how I am so glad The Smiths will never reform! With lyrics like these Morrissey I'm sure that Johnny Marr will be saying "no" to you :D
Isn't it funny how in The Smiths every word Morrissey sung, you could relate to in your life somehow and now every word Morrissey sings, it has no meaning to you what so ever!

When listening to this song I hope one day. The Cocteau Twins will reform and perform together!

I've actually never could "relate to" 'Vicar in A Tutu.' And you'd be the first to ejaculate if the Smiths reformed and you know it.

I've actually never could "relate to" 'Vicar in A Tutu.' And you'd be the first to ejaculate if the Smiths reformed and you know it.

It's f***ing A* compared with any of his solo material, mate.
You never know, I may know a Vicar In A Tutu ;)

No. Vicar In A Tutu is played superb. I hope he brings it back into his gigs. Though I doubt Boz would play it right and instead do a massive POWER CHORD SEQUENCE, YEAH MANNN!

Never listened to Vauxhall then?

No. Vicar In A Tutu is played superb. I hope he brings it back into his gigs. Though I doubt Boz would play it right and instead do a massive POWER CHORD SEQUENCE, YEAH MANNN!

Fail. Jesse is the one who is criticized for over-use of power chords. "Vicar In A Tutu" is derivative of rockabilly, which is Boz's specialty. If I'm not mistaken, they played it for gigs around the release of Greatest Hits in '08, and from the recordings it appears as though Boz had a grand time with Johnny's guitar lines. Johnny on the other hand was playing your "massive power chord sequence" with the shit Cribs. But you've got your head too far up the ass of 'the almighty Smiths' legacy' to realize that Johnny hasn't been doing much worthwhile either.

Fail. Jesse is the one who is criticized for over-use of power chords. "Vicar In A Tutu" is derivative of rockabilly, which is Boz's specialty. If I'm not mistaken, they played it for gigs around the release of Greatest Hits in '08, and from the recordings it appears as though Boz had a grand time with Johnny's guitar lines. Johnny on the other hand was playing your "massive power chord sequence" with the shit Cribs. But you've got your head too far up the ass of 'the almighty Smiths' legacy' to realize that Johnny hasn't been doing much worthwhile either.

You'd be hard pressed to find a power chord that Johnny Marr plays on the whole of the album he did with The Cribs.
His style is still the high pitched jangly riffing he's known for on that record, he didn't change his whole playing style just because he changed band...

Johnny didn't do a sing power chord on The Cribs, you big head.
You know what I shall not read about you downing my views on the Smiths.
The Smiths are the best! They will always pwned Morrissey's solo career! And so do The Cocteau Twins, bitch!

You'd be hard pressed to find a power chord that Johnny Marr plays on the whole of the album he did with The Cribs.
His style is still the high pitched jangly riffing he's known for on that record, he didn't change his whole playing style just because he changed band...

Sorry, what was that that he said at 4:36?
If you think that Johnny's style hasn't changed since 1986 you're either deaf or grasping at straws. If he would have played and wrote songs in the jangle-pop vein of the Smiths, the Cribs would have been substantially more successful, regardless if their singer was useless.

Johnny didn't do a sing power chord on The Cribs, you big head.

Again, watch the video. You're wrong.

You know what I shall not read about you downing my views on the Smiths.
The Smiths are the best! They will always pwned Morrissey's solo career! And so do The Cocteau Twins, bitch!

Why the f*** are you on a Morrissey solo site then? Shouldn't you be on a Smiths forum if you're stuck in the past?

This from Mr M Boorer:
"Born last night at around 10.20pm, in the Voxhall in Arhus, a new song, weighing in at about 3.20 its' name is 'Scandinavia', a tale of despair ending in hope and love, both fathers are doing well after the young song's appearance in the world. Peace to all. BB"

Yes, but he didn't do that on the whole f***ing album!
I can go wherever I f***ing please, Adolf Hitler!

Your idiocy is impressive. 4:36. Exact quote from Johnny: "I used that on the Cribs record to do some aggressive kind of rhythm thing." Which he then plays. I wonder what you're riveting response is going to be this time: "YEAH, f*** YOU THAT'S NOT ON THE ALBUM EITHER" (when clearly Johnny just said it was) "YOU CAN GO f*** OFF THE SMITHS FOREVER YEAH." Perhaps I saved you the trouble. Feel free to copy and paste.

Your idiocy is impressive. 4:36. Exact quote from Johnny: "I used that on the Cribs record to do some aggressive kind of rhythm thing." Which he then plays. I wonder what you're riveting response is going to be this time: "YEAH, f*** YOU THAT'S NOT ON THE ALBUM EITHER" (when clearly Johnny just said it was) "YOU CAN GO f*** OFF THE SMITHS FOREVER YEAH." Perhaps I saved you the trouble. Feel free to copy and paste.

homer-sleeping.jpg

Back
Top Bottom