The new Morrissey song, 'Scandinavia'...

I don't recall saying it WAS a Cribs song - just that he played in that vein on the Cribs record, which he backs up himself in the video.
Cute how you manage to evade the point you were hastily attempting to make in the first place - that Johnny's style hasn't changed since he was with the Smiths - which is, as you say yourself, the style he is known for. Odd then that his post-Smiths work hasn't been as well-received; I mean, seeing as he made the music for such a wildly seminal band. Surely the Cribs, along with any other project Marr has worked with since '87, should have gained as much notoriety at the very LEAST as Morrissey's solo work.

And it was more the terminology than the typo - again, as you seem not to comprehend the difference:

block chords ≠ bar chords and bar chords ≠ power chords

Likewise, it appears as though you don't fully grasp the definition of the word "guttural," but of course, I should let you use whatever incorrect words you want - should I do anything less and I'd be clutching at straws.

I wonder what you're riveting response is going to be this time: "YEAH, f*** YOU THAT'S NOT ON THE ALBUM EITHER" (when clearly Johnny just said it was)

You implied that you were under the assumption it was a Cribs song from what Johnny said in the video. Johnny never said that what he played was on the album, and it isn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignore_the_Ignorant
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Were_Dead_Before_the_Ship_Even_Sank
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_One's_First_and_You're_Next

You're obviously not familiar with his work of late then. Pretty much all his work with Modest Mouse was very well received, likewise as was his work with The Cribs (check the reviews on the above wiki pages....)
Of course he's not going to gain as much notoriety as Morrissey, his work in these bands is as part of a collective, Morrissey is the main focus in everything he does.

You corrected me on the spelling of rhythm, which is what I was referring to.
I suggest you pull your head out of your arse and hop down of that pedestal, snobbishness isn't a good look for you.

Last edited:
You implied that you were under the assumption it was a Cribs song from what Johnny said in the video. Johnny never said that what he played was on the album, and it isn't.

Wrong. What Johnny SAID was that he used the particular amp and/or settings he was discussing to do something similar on the Cribs album. And frankly, all you're doing is making an irrelevant non-point to distract from the fact that you were wrong.

You're obviously not familiar with his work of late then. Pretty much all his work with Modest Mouse was very well received, likewise as was his work with The Cribs (check the reviews on the above wiki pages....)
Of course he's not going to gain as much notoriety as Morrissey, his work in these bands is as part of a collective, Morrissey is the main focus in everything he does.

Oh, so being exactly one-half of one of the most prolific songwriting duos of all time doesn't merit the same kind of recognition? If Marr wrote the way you said he did, his presence in any of the above named bands would have been just as renowned as, say, Morrissey's early solo singles. Example: The Healers. Marr WAS the focal point of this band. Reach the status of Morrissey, did it? Didn't think so.

You corrected me on the spelling of rhythm, which is what I was referring to.
I suggest you pull your head out of your arse and hop down of that pedestal, snobbishness isn't a good look for you.

Getting terminology wrong really doesn't help you make a point. I know you'd like to spend all day paging a dictionary for words to express the primitive grunts rattling about your skull, but it's not going to make you more like Morrissey. And SPEAKING of..

I and members of this forum agree with you.
Stop being a dick, mcrickson. stop arguing with new members. be kind for once instead of being an unhappy sod.

You're one to talk. Whining about being kicked out of tribute bands despite having a 'perfect Morrissey voice.'

Wrong. What Johnny SAID was that he used the particular amp and/or settings he was discussing to do something similar on the Cribs album. And frankly, all you're doing is making an irrelevant non-point to distract from the fact that you were wrong.

Oh, so being exactly one-half of one of the most prolific songwriting duos of all time doesn't merit the same kind of recognition? If Marr wrote the way you said he did, his presence in any of the above named bands would have been just as renowned as, say, Morrissey's early solo singles. Example: The Healers. Marr WAS the focal point of this band. Reach the status of Morrissey, did it? Didn't think so.

Getting terminology wrong really doesn't help you make a point. I know you'd like to spend all day paging a dictionary for words to express the primitive grunts rattling about your skull, but it's not going to make you more like Morrissey. And SPEAKING of..

You're one to talk. Whining about being kicked out of tribute bands despite having a 'perfect Morrissey voice.'

YOU said ''don't imply this isn't on the album because Johnny just said it is'' or words to that effect, just deal with it, you're not familiar enough with Marrs recent work, post Healers to make an informed point on his playing style. It's fine no need to fret and get angry about it to strangers on a forum.

Mate you really are just a dick, its plain to see. Anyone would have thought I'd shat in your cornflakes consecutively for the last couple of days the way you address me and others. I never once tried to ape Morrissey, I have my own identity. One for the ignore list methinks.

Last edited:

I've never been in a Smiths tribute band, you idiot. just shut up you absolute tosser.
I've have said in many posts I don't want to intimitate Morrissey at all. I wouldn't want to in a million years pretend to be a bloody veggie who hates the marnachy and throw out my f***ing loyal fans willy nilly.
Your one difficult basterd. christ, no wonder why NOBODY likes you here mate!

Last edited by a moderator:
when I watch the first short clip, the bit where he first says scandinavia, its hard not to think what a f***ing sad old f*** he's become, no, really. Call it a day kid, you had a marvellous run but now you're like an embarrassing uncle.

I'm pretty surprised at the love for Scandinavia. Can't say it really impresses me at all though. The music isn't as bad as the lyrics, which is the worst out of the four new songs.

I just couldn't resist one more.

I've never been in a Smiths tribute band, you idiot. just shut up you absolute tosser.

Oh that's right, you were looking for one, but no one wanted you. That one was my mistake entirely.

I've have said in many posts I don't want to intimitate Morrissey at all. I wouldn't want to in a million years pretend to be a bloody veggie who hates the marnachy and throw out my f***ing loyal fans willy nilly.

Woops:

Does that band need a better singer? I'm here....I can be a Morrissey clone!

I have a better Morrissey voice than him ;)

:rolleyes:

You're one difficult bastard. Christ, no wonder why NOBODY likes you here, mate!

Oh, you use this site to get people to like you? That's a shame. See, I have enough friends in real life that I can just use this site for free shit and Morrissey news.

And with that, I'll be done. Like I said, I just couldn't resist.

I like how you have scanned a whole entire forum to find two ironic mess around posts that I posted up....well done you absolute f***tard!! :)

Please, Davie...I don't want you banned. :(

Wonder if Moz will play this song at the next show.
I expect he'll either drop it or dedicate it to the memory of those who were killed in Norway on Friday...

Wonder if Moz will play this song at the next show.
I expect he'll either drop it or dedicate it to the memory of those who were killed in Norway on Friday...

...or say that its not as bad as what goes on in McDonalds or KFC, sigh.

He did play it, and he didn't mention it, as expected.

So does anyone have a decent mp3 by now?

Why hasn't anybody recorded the whole song by now? Surely people should be waiting and filming now that they know he is playing it regularly.

Back
Top Bottom