the OFFICIAL world cup 2010 thread

Uraguay v South Korea seemed like an exciting game. They really are getting more rivetting.
Oh they will CG! Tomorrow is Super Sunday for neutral supporters - Germany vs England followed by Argentina vs Mexico - will be in the pub all day....

Sad to now be neutral but the azzurri will be back...

The USA are out :(

Good game USA. :tears: I don't know how fans can put up with watching the opponent string out the clock like little whiney schoolboys. That's one aspect of the game I'm not digging.

America is not (going to win) the world (cup)

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/od13rRE3esc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/od13rRE3esc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> [/youtube]

Ha ha. :rolleyes:

Good game USA. :tears: I don't know how fans can put up with watching the opponent string out the clock like little whiney schoolboys. That's one aspect of the game I'm not digging.
Of course it doesn't happen in American football then?????

Anyway well done USA.Give it your best shot.I thought the game was played in a great spirit.It was a good game to watch and the American spirit lived well in the team.There was some nice football played by both sides.
Uruguay will have to play well to beat the Ghana side in the quarter finals.

Of course it doesn't happen in American football then?????

Anyway well done USA.Give it your best shot.I thought the game was played in a great spirit.It was a good game to watch and the American spirit lived well in the team.There was some nice football played by both sides.
Uruguay will have to play well to beat the Ghana side in the quarter finals.

Well maybe in American soccer, but not American football (the game we play with the almond-shaped ball) because there are limits to running down a clock when the ball is in possesion. I mean it happens a little bit, but not as frustrating as yesterday's soccer game where the Ghana players were switching out and faking injuries and all that.

So basically England are out. Hahahaha :lbf:

Observations:

England's goalie acted whiney and put out from the getgo.
Germany's goalie was HAWT. :horny:
Germany's coach looked like Johnny Marr.
Mick Jagger needs to stop going to games.

:p

We simply have to accept that we are not good enough. A shambles of a back four, mistakes in the team selection, complacency and a world-class forward who just didn't bother turning up. Just another England world cup campaign. watch all the flags come down now.

Is that the unbeaten England that you're talking about? Unbeaten unlike Germany or Spain?

Beat Slovenia & win the group, it's still easy.

Although if we do get knocked out, it'll be no more than most England fans deserve.

I wonder if the those 'fans' realise that to the rest of the world, our 'support' is an embarassment.

Can't wait to get back to work tomorrow to tell them all I was right from the start. LOL.

So who are you going to root for now?

The tradition in American baseball going into the finals is to root for the team in your division who beat your team, which means you guys will all become Germany fans which for some reason I don't see happening. :p All my neighbors love Mexico.

Observations:

England's goalie acted whiney and put out from the getgo.
Germany's goalie was HAWT. :horny:
Germany's coach looked like Johnny Marr.
Mick Jagger needs to stop going to games.

:p

Johnny Marr is gorgeous. The Germany coach was not :p

The tradition in American baseball going into the finals is to root for the team in your division who beat your team, which means you guys will all become Germany fans which for some reason I don't see happening. :p All my neighbors love Mexico.

Brazil :D

the ref and his linesman were a pile of horse shit.but yet again our back 4 and the pink panther were left at the starting blocks and the rest of the team were just a let down.
for me the world cup is over i have no intrest in the other teams.at least my beloved oxford utd start pre season training this week :D

I've watched loads of matches, and will watch more. Some games have been great and I'm looking forward to seeing more good football.
I thought England would have to play better to beat Germany, but they played worse. Gerrard, Rooney, Terry, all out of form. The problem the Manager had was there were too few other players (not injured) who were up to standard to bring in.

Onwards! Allez! But not allez, OLE then.

The tradition in American baseball going into the finals is to root for the team in your division who beat your team....

That ain't my tradition in baseball. I'm a hater on the others in my team's division. Well, unless they're facing the Yankees.

Tags
football hornets soccer vulvazelas
Back
Top Bottom