TTY: The World Is Full of Crashing Bores - "The Truth About Popular Music" by Paul Joseph Watson

Last edited:
Our ambassadors of talent doing what they do best. Going to parties wearing stunning outfits and conversing on deep issues for their next opus.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/taylor-swift-selena-gomez-lorde-vanity-fair-oscars-party_us_56d442c1e4b03260bf776192?ir=Entertainment&section=australia&utm_hp_ref=entertainment

56d4467c1e00008700702fd1.jpeg

In 2015, like it or not, his concert draw was largely as a legacy act, i.e., the majority of people came to hear "Suedehead, "Now My Heart Is Full," Smiths songs. Yes, I understand there are always exceptions; someone quibbled with this point that it wasn't their truth in another thread. But BY AND LARGE: the audiences came to hear those songs rather than "World Peace Is None of Your Business" or "Kiss Me A Lot." He also played more festivals, which, by definition, meant he played before more people. Having Blondie appear at Madison Square Garden was a canny move - they were a local favorite that guaranteed more tickets sold.

What happens AFTER has no bearing on my post - I am simply comparing 2016 (really 2015 and spare change) to 1997, factually. How can you predict that it may not be ANOTHER seven years - or longer - after World Peace before he records again? We're already going on two this year.

You can make at least a plausible case for his live fortunes being better now. But there is really no convincing argument that his recording career and its future prospects have ever been bleaker.

Yes he also preformed more festivals that where ' not animal friendly ' to coin a phrase that Silly Steven used in a TTY statement released about Glastonbury ! 4kin hypocrite !
Meat is murder kids ! When it suites !

Next !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

'I am most proud to see how the song 'World peace is none of your business' has struck such strong emotion in people across the world.'

I did not notice a particularly fervent reaction when this song was played in the last few UK gigs I attended, neither in 2014 (just after the album was released) nor in 2015. In fact, I remember looking around and seeing several people either checking their phones or chatting with friends.

Who cares what spastics on mobile phones at concerts think. They should have their phones stitched inside their stomachs so the Joker can break out of prison. The day Moz panders to zero attention span twats is the day he should retire.

I think there is one thing that you are overlooking though. Back in 1997 the general feeling in the press was that Morrissey was entirely obsolete and irrelevant. He didn't even have the status of a legacy act and it looked like his career was all but over.

Now despite the criticisms that Morrissey has received more recently, the general feeling towards him is nothing like as negative as it was in 1997 as anyone who was around at that time will testify.
This to me is how I would describe the difference. Moz is now a music legend, who will always draw crowds, no matter where he goes or how steep the ticket prizes. In 1997 he was seen as washed up, only idolised by a small but strong fanbase, and there really was no way but down, it seemed.

Re: TTY: The World Is Full of Crashing Bores - "The Truth About Popular Music" by Paul Joseph Watson

Well thought out rifke, this actually could be a future TTY post.... I am sure Morrissey and you agree on every word you just said. He often says , "in the end, we are alone". I don't agree totally though, friendship with the right person can be very joyful, someone who exposes you to new and interesting things. Clothes shopping with Mozza WOULD be fun, but he makes a great model.
oh i think i have never felt so complimented in my life! mwah! yes, great friendship is definitely possible, though sometimes i feel like i like the contemplation of a person better than their physical presence. and yes, in the realm of the aesthetic moz is a MOST agreeable life form.

This to me is how I would describe the difference. Moz is now a music legend, who will always draw crowds, no matter where he goes or how steep the ticket prizes. In 1997 he was seen as washed up, only idolised by a small but strong fanbase, and there really was no way but down, it seemed.

i know you are gonna disagree with me, but now morrissey is also seen as a washed up and irrelevant. He only make headlines for some of his controversial statements

Yes he also preformed more festivals that where ' not animal friendly ' to coin a phrase that Silly Steven used in a TTY statement released about Glastonbury ! 4kin hypocrite !
Meat is murder kids ! When it suites !

Next !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Apologies " performed "

BtBB

Re: TTY: The World Is Full of Crashing Bores - "The Truth About Popular Music" by Paul Joseph Watson

oh i think i have never felt so complimented in my life! mwah! yes, great friendship is definitely possible, though sometimes i feel like i like the contemplation of a person better than their physical presence. and yes, in the realm of the aesthetic moz is a MOST agreeable life form.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is one thing that you are overlooking though. Back in 1997 the general feeling in the press was that Morrissey was entirely obsolete and irrelevant. He didn't even have the status of a legacy act and it looked like his career was all but over.

Now despite the criticisms that Morrissey has received more recently, the general feeling towards him is nothing like as negative as it was in 1997 as anyone who was around at that time will testify.

Testify! :thumb:

In 2015, like it or not, his concert draw was largely as a legacy act, i.e., the majority of people came to hear "Suedehead, "Now My Heart Is Full," Smiths songs. Yes, I understand there are always exceptions; someone quibbled with this point that it wasn't their truth in another thread. But BY AND LARGE: the audiences came to hear those songs rather than "World Peace Is None of Your Business" or "Kiss Me A Lot." He also played more festivals, which, by definition, meant he played before more people. Having Blondie appear at Madison Square Garden was a canny move - they were a local favorite that guaranteed more tickets sold.

What happens AFTER has no bearing on my post - I am simply comparing 2016 (really 2015 and spare change) to 1997, factually. How can you predict that it may not be ANOTHER seven years - or longer - after World Peace before he records again? We're already going on two this year.

You can make at least a plausible case for his live fortunes being better now. But there is really no convincing argument that his recording career and its future prospects have ever been bleaker.

Um, you can't. So what does that mean exactly? Comparing random years with each other proves what?

Or a convincing argument to the contrary.

Last edited:
'I am most proud to see how the song 'World peace is none of your business' has struck such strong emotion in people across the world.'

I did not notice a particularly fervent reaction when this song was played in the last few UK gigs I attended, neither in 2014 (just after the album was released) nor in 2015. In fact, I remember looking around and seeing several people either checking their phones or chatting with friends.
This in stark contrast to the reception What She Said or Alma Matters got for example, christ even I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris was received like some long lost gem not heard in aeons.
This to me speaks volumes as to how World Peace... was really received by his audience, at least his UK audience.

Hmmm, counting the amount of people standing around looking at their phones is not exactly a great barometer for gauging people's attention. Who said this song was supposed to strike at the heart of people's emotions? It's just a song to deliver a somewhat polarising statement that most people will take the wrong way just hearing the title, let alone taking the time to listen to the song itself. The title is so good I wager one doesn't even have to listen to the song.

I'll go one more and say Morrissey's point has been made beautifully having sung that song to a bunch of twats hypnotised by social media via their phones having shown World Peace really is None Of Their Business by their choice alone. If I was going to do a video for the song that would be a key scene!

Hmmm, counting the amount of people standing around looking at their phones is not exactly a great barometer for gauging people's attention. Who said this song was supposed to strike at the heart of people's emotions? It's just a song to deliver a somewhat polarising statement that most people will take the wrong way just hearing the title, let alone taking the time to listen to the song itself. The title is so good I wager one doesn't even have to listen to the song.

I'll go one more and say Morrissey's point has been made beautifully having sung that song to a bunch of twats hypnotised by social media via their phones having shown World Peace really is None Of Their Business by their choice alone. If I was going to do a video for the song that would be a key scene!

Morrissey did, on 20th Dec 2015.
You'd do well to inform yourself before jumping to his defence in robotic fashion.

'He handed this back and said - you'll never guess, I am bored now'

i know you are gonna disagree with me, but now morrissey is also seen as a washed up and irrelevant. He only make headlines for some of his controversial statements

Even if that were true (the good reviews that World Peace received suggest it's not), there is another huge difference to consider though.

In 1997 Morrissey was only 38 years old and so the idea that he was entirely finished creatively (which some reviewers stated) was a pretty big assessment for them to have made.

He is now 56 and, like every other performer of that age or older, will be partly viewed as a legacy act and judged on his back catalogue. Even if Morrissey were never to release another album, his status would be assured. As it is though, his last 4 albums have all been well received...

Morrissey did, on 20th Dec 2015.
You'd do well to inform yourself before jumping to his defence in robotic fashion.

'He handed this back and said - you'll never guess, I am bored now'

You can bring up some random quote Morrissey said on this date inferring it proves your lame point and I'm the robot? Hilarious!

Keep barking at the moon.

You can bring up some random quote Morrissey said on this date inferring it proves your lame point and I'm the robot? Hilarious!

The thing is this isn't a random quote and the point is not 'lame', it's something I posted in response to Jamie's point (in post # 212) about Moz becoming a legacy act and people coming to his gigs these days to hear the old hits.
The quote is very recent and relevant, and coupled with the example I provided, it illustrates perfectly the gulf between Morrissey's perception of how good World Peace... (both the song and the album) is and what the reality of the situation is, with people at his gigs displaying at best an indifferent reaction to these songs, and this is certainly what I've witnessed at the UK gigs I attended.

I cannot help it if you are unable to read contextually.

o for ffs. if the were to add an entry for 'mozbot' in the moz encyclopedia the author would simply cut and past your avatar.

The thing is this isn't a random quote and the point is not 'lame', it's something I posted in response to Jamie's point (in post # 212) about Moz becoming a legacy act and people coming to his gigs these days to hear the old hits.
The quote is very recent and relevant, and coupled with the example I provided, it illustrates perfectly the gulf between Morrissey's perception of how good World Peace... (both the song and the album) is and what the reality of the situation is, with people at his gigs displaying at best an indifferent reaction to these songs, and this is certainly what I've witnessed at the UK gigs I attended.

I cannot help it if you are unable to read contextually.

:lbf:

Yeah, a couple of people checking their phones is genuine evidence of, 'what the reality of the situation is'.

Fans at gigs for nearly any established band prefer to hear the oldies...and Morrissey plays far fewer of his hits than most.

:lbf:

Yeah, a couple of people checking their phones is genuine evidence of, 'what the reality of the situation is'.

Fans at gigs for nearly any established band prefer to hear the oldies...and Morrissey plays far fewer of his hits than most.

geez. talk about hitting a brick wall. the sad fact is when moz does the title track of world peace a certain hush falls over the venue and a steady stream of punters file out to the facilities.
solo moz has but a couple of 'hits' if you dont count the paris song which 'should have been one' in the aftermath of the paris attacks.

Back
Top Bottom