Unsignificant facts Morrissey-related

The car with no top that Moz drives at the start of the "Importance.." show when the opening credits are playing has Victorian license plates, which means it was filmed here in my home state in Australia.

oh god come back here :(

Are you serious? Victorian rego?
Yes, please come back to Melbourne, moz!

Interesting Moz Related Trivia

I just noticed on iTunes, on a-ha's celebrity playlist, they have selected "Reel Around The Fountain" as one of the tracks. It's a far cry away from Take On Me anyway!

P.S. Why isn't Southpaw Grammar available on iTunes!?

Anyway, back to the thread - any other interesting, little-known pieces of trivia

That's actually a really good name for an alumni newsletter. Any idea who stole the name from whom? It's not as if "alma mater" => "alma matters" is a huge achievement in pundom that only Morrissey could have concocted.

I wondered the same thing! Did the person that decided to call the alumni section 'Alma Matters' just think of that pun, or was he/she a Morrissey fan?
:D The mind boggles.

After few years I've found another good anime to watch: BECK. It's really good and it's about music. I'm looking for the manga...

In the outro song you can see the cover of Hatful Of Hollow

Last edited:
After few years I've found another good anime to watch: BECK. It's really good and it's about music. I'm look for the manga...

In the outro song you can see the cover of Hatful Of Hollow

Where you can see it?
Link please!

Thanks.

In Japan more than 80% of people under 65 had experiences of growing up reading cartoons.
I stopped when I got into films though.

Are you serious? Victorian rego?
Yes, please come back to Melbourne, moz!

Yes it is a Victorian rego...and it looks like he's driving out of the city area, so I wonder where he was driving? Maybe he drove Melb-Adelaide:D

Yes it is a Victorian rego...and it looks like he's driving out of the city area, so I wonder where he was driving? Maybe he drove Melb-Adelaide:D

hehe. :)
There is footage of him on St Kilda Beach in the Importance of Being Morrissey also.

Yesterday I was listening to BBC World radio, they were talking about midlife crisis and suddenly
"I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour but heaven knows I'm miserable now..."

some months ago, i saw in some magazine a black blank page with "home of the brash outrageous and free" in white text in the middle. for the life of me I could't realize that it was from Hairdresser on Fire until I got home.

i think it was for a fashion portion of some magazine

I was wandering around The Huffington Post yesterday, and stumbled on a thread about Clay Aiken's asexuality, celibacy, and "deluded female fanbase."

Needless to say, Morrissey's name came up pretty quickly. :rolleyes:

I was walking down the street when I saw an ad with a picture of Morrissey hugging a statue, it was one of those photocopied ads you can see everywhere in Bologna, the ones usually placed by students looking for flatmates.
I thought: "WTF?" and had a look, three guys are looking for two girls to share a flat with them and Morrissey :D
I don't need a home but I texted one of them to congratulate for Moz.

I was in good mood and I'm even more now :)

Yesterday I was listening to BBC World radio, they were talking about midlife crisis and suddenly
"I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour but heaven knows I'm miserable now..."

Many programmes (especially news programme Today) of BBC Radio 4 features similar stuff.
Three weeks ago Saturday afternoon when I was about to leave my friends', a comedy programme on Radio 4 played Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now.

Alma Matters heard @ Mc Donald's today!

I couldn't believe it! It was really busy so I couldn't ask the manager if it was Employee of the week's party tape hour or if it was something else but I mean FULL FREAKIN STEREO! Yes I eat at MCDs now u have another reason to HATE FORTBETHEL! :)

Re: Alma Matters heard @ Mc Donald's today!

I wish the Mcdonalds where I lived would do that. D:

I was dancing and singing November Spawns a... at Mcdonalds the other day. I'm surprised I didn't get kicked out. Although I was doing it in the parking lot, so who knows.

While walking past one of the cafes in my suburb, I heard
they were playing a Morrissey song ......
I was displeased as it's a very "un Morrissey like" place,
and I could tell all the people in there were not Morrissey fans,
and would have preferred something like Justin Timberlake or
Elton John.

Maybe it was one of the waitresses who put the song on.
And anyway, besides, I had sour grapes because I couldn't go
in because I was broke.
Not that I go to that particular one anyway.
It's too middle class, fat arsed, four wheel drive type people ish.......

Back
Top Bottom