what do you think of these 'fans'

Yeah! I went to a gothskate (goffs on wheels -- whoopee!), and they played "Everyday Is LIke Sunday". Well, I did request Smiths/Moz songs (except for HSIN because it's played out).

My partner in crime cannot go tonight. Would anyone else care to join me in rollerskating to groovy Moz/Smiths and goff, industrial choonz in Hell A? Holler at me with a PM. I'm off to practice my Spanish for a bit. Will check messages @ 2030.

aww, wish i lived in the LA area, i would SO go! I love rollerskating and goffs!!! <3 ;)

i can't relate to Janet Jackson at all, but that doesn't keep me from listening to her. nothing will.

" As far as i can see Janet Jackson has no talent at all"
MOZ from THE CONVERSATIONALIST interview cd.
I agree very strongly,How can you "Like" J Jackson:sick::sick::sick: and claim to "LIKE":confused:MOZ?

" As far as i can see Janet Jackson has no talent at all"
MOZ from THE CONVERSATIONALIST interview cd.
I agree very strongly,How can you "Like" J Jackson:sick::sick::sick: and claim to "LIKE":confused:MOZ?

ok im sick of all this shit like "how can you like so and so and like Moz?" or "how can you watch American Idol and be a Smiths fan" like...seriously, WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE AND WHAT MAKES YOU SO MUCH BETTER?

geez.

Yeah! I went to a gothskate (goffs on wheels -- whoopee!), and they played "Everyday Is LIke Sunday". Well, I did request Smiths/Moz songs (except for HSIN because it's played out).

My partner in crime cannot go tonight. Would anyone else care to join me in rollerskating to groovy Moz/Smiths and goff, industrial choonz in Hell A? Holler at me with a PM. I'm off to practice my Spanish for a bit. Will check messages @ 2030.

Holy Crap! I had NO idea something like this existed! And of course I'm late to reading this because I'm late to everything. Mel, please lemme know the next time you're going. I'm IN! I just bookmarked that website. I love LA. :D

ok im sick of all this shit like "how can you like so and so and like Moz?" or "how can you watch American Idol and be a Smiths fan" like...seriously, WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE AND WHAT MAKES YOU SO MUCH BETTER?

geez.

I'm with you sister. I'm too old for this snobbery shite. I love the Smiths, I love Morrissey, I love the Ramones, I love Beethoven ... I love American Idol ... hell, I love George Michael (yep, I said it). Isn't having eclectic tastes more interesting than falling into one boring category??

Holy Crap! I had NO idea something like this existed! And of course I'm late to reading this because I'm late to everything. Mel, please lemme know the next time you're going. I'm IN! I just bookmarked that website. I love LA. :D

You're not too late since it goes til 1 am. But I decided not to go on my own because I have two assignments to finish and an appointment in the morning tomorrow. I already drove out to Alhambra for no good reason because I was told the wrong day for a meeting. I don't feel like burning through more gas today.

I also want to get my own pair of skates before I brave those wooden floors again. Those rentals hurt my ankles. Just no support whatsoever. Besides, tan boots aren't very goth, Azrael! :p I'm gonna get some black oldschool quads.

The gothskate is the 2nd Monday of each month. Barring work, I'll see you in April. I'll pm you when the time is nigh. Feel free to remind me in April as well. Since you've bookmarked the site, you should request Smiths/Moz songs right before the event so they'll play more Smiths/Moz. Hell A Moz-soloists, unite and take over World on Wheels April 14th!

Last edited:
Alright, doney86! Sweet dreams...

Speaking of which and our discussion of skating, last year I had this dream where Moz and I were iceskating. And then later in 2007 Moz slid around the stage in Merrillville like he was skating. In the Lille boot, you can hear Moz changing the lyrics to "I've skated all over the place" in I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris. I'm sure it's all a coincidence, but it makes me smile every time I hear him singing that lyric change about skating.

I had planned to go to wumpskate after one of the Hollywood Palladium gigs in October, but I was too sore from the crush at the barrier to go. Besides, I had to queue overnight. :(

I like how we all fulfill the stereotype of the fun-loathing, humourless Moz/Smiths fan. ;) I still think all disco must end in broken bones, though. :p

geez.

thanks.

i like all kinds of music. and Morrissey's opinion of Janet will not stop me from listening to her. if it's okay for Morrissey fans to be meat eaters and listen to him, what's so bad about listening to an artist he dislikes?

thanks.

i like all kinds of music. and Morrissey's opinion of Janet will not stop me from listening to her. if it's okay for Morrissey fans to be meat eaters and listen to him, what's so bad about listening to an artist he dislikes?

I think it's good to like a plethora of music, but at the same time realize theres a place and time for certain kinds. you don't have to take everything so seriously, and that goes for music too. shit dude, I'll get down to Justin Timberlake, the Monkees, and Michael Jackson, whatever dude. but at the same time I'm not gonna be like "omg, these artists changed my life" and devote the time and money, etc. to them, like I would to someone like Morrissey. that make sense?

I think it's good to like a plethora of music, but at the same time realize theres a place and time for certain kinds. you don't have to take everything so seriously, and that goes for music too. shit dude, I'll get down to Justin Timberlake, the Monkees, and Michael Jackson, whatever dude. but at the same time I'm not gonna be like "omg, these artists changed my life" and devote the time and money, etc. to them, like I would to someone like Morrissey. that make sense?

what about getting down with justin timberlake?? i'd never kick that shiz outta my bed for eating a knish.

The type of fans who always listen to Moz/Smiths, but really can not relate to the music, because they are super social, happy all the time, while listenin to 'unloveable' I really dislike those nasty fake fans

i think they should be stripped of all thier clothes, skinned, doused in salt and vinegar, dragged behind a car for a mile, thrown into a rusty box and dropped down the side of a cliff then picked up by the local fish monger who will use his salted body as scraps for the local fish shop foiling the oh so unsepecting villagers of the night who crawl into the shop, half drunk and sullied from a big night out..

hello Dom, do you like salt & vinegar crisps? Are you too young to remember Golden Wonder crisps? I suppose its all just walkers crisps now. I do like Sea salt and Black pepper crisp as well as salt and vinegar, but i prefer ready salted crisps.

what crisps does morrissey like?

I'm having coffee,peanut butter and cucumber sandwich and a packet of Frazzles.Cannot beat Frazzles.Yes i am veggie and they ARE bacon but not real bacon.Yum.:)I quite like Monster Munch too.

quite partial to golden wonder
chips.jpg

Dom thanks for using the word 'sullied' - much under used these days I think...

hello Dom, do you like salt & vinegar crisps? Are you too young to remember Golden Wonder crisps? I suppose its all just walkers crisps now. I do like Sea salt and Black pepper crisp as well as salt and vinegar, but i prefer ready salted crisps.

Heloo Cornelius. Oh no no no, i remember golden wonder. they were sooooo nice! much better than walkers :D yum :p

Dom thanks for using the word 'sullied' - much under used these days I think...

lol, no problem :D it is really under-used though isn't it! i love the word. It feels like a word Morrissey might like to use i think. Although i may be just wishful thinking there, that he may at all be on any wave-length of my own.

Exactly... That reminds me I have another DMB show that I should post.

Back
Top Bottom