What has Morrissey inspired you to do?

Re: What has Morrissey inspired you to do ?

i guess i have to say that he's inspired me to dj.

can you bring a little step stool too?
and 6 bottles of pellegrino . thanks.

To assail my enemies with microphone leads.

Last edited:

Invade Finland. I've pencilled a week on Tuesday in my diary, but my plans are flexible!

This is an extract from an interview titled WILDE CHILD with Paul Morley in Blitz, 1988

- Was it easy?
Success is never easy. It could have gone hopelessly wrong for me. It never really gelled until the fourth single.

If it hadn’t worked, would you be dead now?
I would certainly be in intensive care.

Do you feel the power of a group leader, at the head of these gentle, hateful people?
Yes, I do... I don’t feel the need to go out and shake everyone’s hands, and get everyone together, but I do know what you mean. I like to think that one can make records and be intensely successful, yet still remain essentially private. That would be very pleasant. Perhaps I do have influence. A lot of young people are very lonely and maybe hearing my records will make them feel less lonely. And there may be many people who are like I was, desperate, incapable, but needing so much to do something. I would like to think a record of mine will make them feel if he can do it, etcetera, then so can I.

That you only appeal to a rash of confused adolescents is just a dried up cliche?
Oh yes. It has expanded way beyond that. I was initially very confused when people wrote that my songs were adolescent. I was 24, 25, so they weren’t adolescent, they were something totally new, something that had never been expressed before. It was not adolescent. It was not that easy.

What does your music do to your fans?
Well, they wear heavy overcoats and stare at broken lightbulbs. That’s the way it’s always been for me! –

It does appear that a lot of musicians, writers, comedians and other artists, credit Morrissey for inspiring them into setting off on the risky road of creative enterprise and self-belief. It’s interesting that he was aware, and hoped, that this might be the result of his own persistence, and in that sense, it indicates that this provided some motivation for himself. The grounds for his attraction and remote mentoring ability seem to reside in the uncompromising force of his personality and principles; his endurance even while fielding adversities; his daredevil style and wit; his seductively expressive voice and his consuming passion for musical standards; all based in lived reality. Would that spur people on ‘to do something’; to change in private or public ways? He leads without trying if so.

spend time on this site and money on his gigs, records, shirts, tattoo related to him, etc...

Btw...

Why are you such a bastard?
Morrissey saved me from suicide. I'd have swallowed a box of paracetamol long ago if it wasn't for Morrissey.

HIM, Theo, SNS22 and CharethCutestory are resident trolls.
You'd better not take their comments too seriously.

Especially HIM's notorious for tongue firmly in cheek. :D

A fan of only 14 months. I have rose from the dead in some respects. Too numerous to list here.

Mostly............it is a feeling, a state of mind I guess best describes it.

Go to Mass.:)

To go to some amazing concerts last year and meet delightful people, when I had previously felt my concert going years were behind me.

To appreciate and love language and to view some fantastic films I would have never known about.

Morrissey has inspired me to suspend disbelief (oddly enough).

God, it feels good.

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

He has inspired me to think....more.

He soothes me...:eek: I am more gentle since I know him! More relaxed...:sweet:

Be careful in my choice of friendships............
Look I just wanted to say that as far as fandom goes just because
Mr. Morrissey likes or associates with certain people doesn't
mean we (fans) have to.
We are not sheep. We are individuals.
I'm not going to name names, but there are certain people who I find
irksome. Just as all your friends don't get along with each other, do they?

Back
Top Bottom