Why Women Have Sex

Worm

Taste the diffidence
Romantics, cover your eyes.

The rest of you...

"Why Women Have Sex"

'Boredom relief, pity and to cure a migraine'

The 1,006 women interviewed as research for the book gave some very surprising answers.

One claimed she did it for a spiritual experience, because it is "the closest thing to God".

Others listed "cure for stress headache", "to make my sexual skills better" and "for a clearer complexion".

But the majority, 84 per cent, admit they have sex to ensure a quiet life or to bargain for their partners to carry out household chores.

One said: "I have sex to relieve the boredom. Because it’s easier than fighting. Plus it gives me something to do.”​

A related story.

An anecdote:

"VIRGINIA IRONSIDE

I've had sex for loads of reasons, love and romance often being the motivating force.

But I do remember once being taken out to dinner by a man who inveigled me back to his flat and suggested we had sex.

I didn't fancy him, and it hadn't occurred to me to have sex with him, but he then delivered the extraordinary line: 'Oh, come on. It'll take only a couple of minutes.'

I was so astonished at this, and felt it was such a reasonable request, that I complied. And, true to his word, two minutes later it was all over!"​

I'm not sure if I should say I'm shocked or not at all shocked. :rolleyes:

the pity one I know all too well :lbf:
the other 2 are news to me :eek:
so, what I gotta do to score more is:

get em bored 1st
or
give them a migraine!

thx Worm :thumb:

"For a clearer complexion"? Lolita cited that as a reason, too! (The Annotated Lolita 137).

That's crap, sorry. Why do men have sex? 'Cause they feel like it? Women have sex for the same reasons. This whole study reveals the taboo against women actually just liking sex. We must have a reason, and we can't admit even to ourselves that sometimes... well, sometimes we are dogs too.

Sometimes it's just as simple as sitting at a cafe, talking across a table, watching him gesticulate with his hands as he talks. And I fixate on one leg, half-bare in his shorts. Looking at that bare skin, golden, layered with soft hair, strong with muscles, I think I really need to wrap my legs around his. And I say, "Time to go."

The "reasons" the women cited just put us in a place of safety and trust. We do use sex to buy things sometimes. Relationships can get very ugly, every long-married woman knows how to improve the mood of a grumpy husband but quick. It's sad--or is it?

WAIT! It helps migraines? I wish I'd known that a long time ago.

Sometimes it's just as simple as sitting at a cafe, talking across a table, watching him gesticulate with his hands as he talks. And I fixate on one leg, half-bare in his shorts. Looking at that bare skin, golden, layered with soft hair, strong with muscles, I think I really need to wrap my legs around his. And I say, "Time to go."

hottest post of the year :D

"For a clearer complexion"? Lolita cited that as a reason, too! (The Annotated Lolita 137).

That's crap, sorry. Why do men have sex? 'Cause they feel like it? Women have sex for the same reasons. This whole study reveals the taboo against women actually just liking sex. We must have a reason, and we can't admit even to ourselves that sometimes... well, sometimes we are dogs too.

The "reasons" the women cited just put us in a place of safety and trust. We do use sex to buy things sometimes. Relationships can get very ugly, every long-married woman knows how to improve the mood of a grumpy husband but quick. It's sad--or is it?

WAIT! It helps migraines? I wish I'd known that a long time ago.

Do you ever write smut, Pregs? If not, start. :lbf:

Some women have sex for scientific reasons. I once dated a woman who said she was on a mission to prove that the female orgasm wasn't a myth. Things were going great until we slept together the first time, after which she mysteriously dumped me. She wouldn't explain. I assumed her dedication to science wasn't strong enough.

Or was it something else? :squiffy:

A+!!!

A whole lot of ummph without any ewww.
:bow:

I find all of this somewhat suspicious.

*thinks*
... Nope -- Not buying it. I mean, I can see these being the reasons some of the time, but not most of the time. Women want to have sex because they find their partner hot. Same as men.

I'm getting a very misogynistic vibe off of that article. I get tired of hearing about how women manipulate their way through life.

I find all of this somewhat suspicious.

*thinks*
... Nope -- Not buying it. I mean, I can see these being the reasons some of the time, but not most of the time. Women want to have sex because they find their partner hot. Same as men.

I'm getting a very misogynistic vibe off of that article. I get tired of hearing about how women manipulate their way through life.

I'm sure Cindy Meston will be interested to hear your opinion of her "misogyny".:rolleyes:

I'm sure Cindy Meston will be interested to hear your opinion of her "misogyny".:rolleyes:

So... Are you saying that sexperts can't have twisted views of women? Her position makes her an oracle for this kind of info?

So... Are you saying that sexperts can't have twisted views of women? Her position makes her an oracle for this kind of info?

She's a woman, so I assume that qualifies her to collate information and responses regarding the subject of why women have sex without it being "misogynistic" or "twisted" or her being an "oracle". In the same way that a man can, believe it or not.

Have you considered that perhaps your "vibe" is "twisted"?

"

May I suggest some cover art for your forthcoming book? :)

Note to self, next girlfriend must suffer from frequent migraines. :lbf:

Actually, masturbation is better to relieve migraines than all out sex. If you've ever suffered a migraine, you know the last thing you want is to have some one messing with you. :)

Back
Top Bottom