"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" released (UK - July 14, 2014)

Here is the tracklist for a version of the album I've created for myself:

World Peace is None of Your Business
Istanbul
Drag the River
Forgive Someone
The Bullfighter Dies
Staircase at the University

Art Hounds
Kiss Me A Lot
Smiler with Knife
One of Our Own
Mountjoy
Oboe Concerto/I'm Not A Man (combined into one track; I'm not a man's opening lyrics fading in as Oboe fades away)

Try it. I considered adding the Studio In Session version of "Action is My Middle Name" but sonically it would be out of place with everything else.

Last edited:
I hate Morrissey Now. After listening to I'm Not a Man. Over a minute of nothing at all. Then six minutes of self righteousness. What a wanker.

Voice is on fine form. Lyrically, a few bits sound rather like Brass Eye parodies of Morrissey - 'I would never eat an animal', anyone?
On the whole, enjoying so far!

Please God feels well enough for UK dates before long.

with the lyrics, he did suggest he would retire after the album after vauxhall, because he'd have said everything he had to say. so would we rather he had retired or rather he carries on releasing albums where the lyrics are going to be at least partially clumsy or desperate or both?

I like it musically, I don't know if its particularly relevant or true lyrically, but mainly it is the image of Morrissey taking a sledgehammer in an effort to get that title into the space allotted. It comes across as a bit clunky to me.

What? Not relevant lyrically? You know how many Asian-American kids grow up with that pressure? Tons. And it does lead to some committing suicide or attempting it. Not just Asians though. Remember the nerd in The Breakfast Club? Or the kid that jumped off the balcony in Dead Poets Society? Caucasian. Fictional characters, yes. But it happens in real life as well.

Last edited:
After a second listen, Kiss Me A Lot has grown on me; the simplistic lyrics are just about surpassed by its sheer infectious catchiness. Ideal choice for a single, no?

Staircase At The University is great, I find the clapping on the "Cramming, jamming" verse hilarious for some reason.

Someone should type out the notes of the melodies for Amy so she can plunk them on the piano. The poor dear can't hear melodies. Sad. Somebody help her. (Not me, I'm busy.)

Interesting. Forgive Someone is probably my favourite song. The vocal melody in the verses are SO Patti Smith! It's rather beautiful.

He's already released 22 singles from this album,
One of them made number 95 in the german college chart,

What? Not relevant lyrically? You know how many Asian-American kids grow up with that pressure? Tons. And it does lead to some committing suicide or attempting it. Not just Asians though. Remember the nerd in The Breakfast Club? Or the kid that jumped off the balcony in Dead Poets Society? Caucasian. Fictional characters, yes. But it happens in real life as well.

As I have pointed out, if she is already at university then it doesn't matter what her dad or boyfriend said as she made it anyway. So why throw herself down the stairs? Perhaps she was doing a degree in Stunt Work? Maybe she had a prosthetic head and it was an assignment?

Also, as Morrissey sings about needing 3 As, I assume he is referring to a UK university and it's therefore unlikely she is Asian American. More likely Home Counties horsey type, I would guess.

Anyway, after songs like Kick The Bride Down the Aisle. Smiler With Knife, Staircase, Neil Cassidy Drops Dead and the like, what are people thinking the next album will have on it? I stick a fiver on the title being If You Bring Bacon Into This House Again I Am Going To Put You Under The Patio, Woman.

We got notice today at work (hmv) that the double vinyl will be in from tomorrow .... not first thing , but once deliveries arrive ( mid / late morning ) ... my store is down for zero copies so bigger stores are the best bet ....£ 28.99 tho !!!!

why so expensive?

Hello solo !
It's good to read you again, it's been a while but I thought I should come back on this historic date and tell you what happened today.
Well I bought W P I N O Y B and couldn't believe how piss poor poo it was (Rotten in Rawtenstall) and returned it quick-stix for a credit note with which I purchased "La petite mort" by James ! Wow Tim and co have managed to keep up in every department, I love "I'm on my way" and the two films that go with it, fresh as a bloody daisy unlike you know who ? The dried up wrinkly prune with dead daffodils shoved up his arsehole.
America ignore everything I have said, Morrissey is the greatest thing since fast food burger outlets and James are just a shit Manchester band !
Enjoy your Mozza ya'll (he's a fookin god, genius, poet, artist, leg end)

Benny

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom