YATQ 20th Anniversary Special: Jan 26th - Kia Forum, CA / 27th, 2024 - Honda Center, CA (December 1, 2023)

IMG_5518.jpeg

MORRISSEY will perform YOU ARE THE QUARRY in its entirety. Celebrating the landmark album's 20th anniversary, two globally exclusive performances in Southern California: Honda Center in Anaheim on Friday, January 26 and Kia Forum in Los Angeles on Saturday, January 27. Tickets on sale Friday, December 8 at 10AM PT

https://www.ticketmaster.com/morrissey-tickets/artist/770791

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he'll cancel these. They'll give out loads of free tickets on the day so it doesn't look so bad.

I live in southern California and there has been zero promotion for these shows.

The only place I have heard of them is here.

The Honda theatre is 30 minutes from my house and I sure as hell am not buying a ticket.

I can't bring myself to pay 200 ticket prices for this current lineup.
I don't care to watch them butcher an album they had nothing to do with.

I live in southern California and there has been zero promotion for these shows.

The only place I have heard of them is here.

The Honda theatre is 30 minutes from my house and I sure as hell am not buying a ticket.

You can buy the tickets online if that’s too far to walk, I assume you don’t have a car?

I don't think he'll cancel these. They'll give out loads of free tickets on the day so it doesn't look so bad.

That’s good, because some anon above was complaining about the ticket price. I hope they get a free ticket.

So those pictures of him holding the red pen were him contemplating whether or not to write down “PROCEED” or “CANCEL” to his glorious tour manager depending on the ticket sales. That explains it.

This is the most insulted I've ever felt by him, and I've been a fan since 1992. Talk about lazy... just saying "20th Anniversary" doesn't make your fans obligated to be excited about this sham of a "celebration". Morrissey simply saw a gap in Los Angeles (Record Labels) on his "tour" (yes, you need to use qotes these days, since he so rarely completes one without some other idiot ruining if for him) and a chance to (in his mind) prove to labels that he is worth signing. So he lazily booked these shows 4 months ahead of when YATQ actually came out, had the yes-Nephews around him agree that he has enough goodwill with fans to fill TWO arena shows, without even a reissue, repackage, OR THE ORIGINAL YATQ BAND. WTF? And it's not like he hasn't played YATQ stuff for the past 20 years. So... I'm supposed to spend a bajillion dollars on tickets (when eggs are like $50) for the 2 night only chance to hear "All The Lazy Dykes" played by people not named Alain and Boz? Nah, I'm good. We've all grown fat with Boz, and you can pretend that it's all about you, but for the kind of fan who's gonna fly out to LA for you, respecting those who have spent the past 20 years lookin at the backside of you is important. Mozi, one of my favorite sayings is: "If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole". All your old musicians are playing together. You may be the asshole in this situation.

For the past 10 years, he schedules his tours not around attempting to impress Fans (Pittsburgh, Perth), but is attempting to impress Record Labels (London and Los Angeles). Mozi, we may be done. Not to mention attempting to throw Capitol under the bus. Shame on you, Steven. I caught your shirt in 1992 in Milwaukee. What happened?

What's also interesting here is that not only can Morrissey not even draw in Southern California any more (too cold?), but people also are not willing to fly in for shit like this. Which I'm sure is what his soon to be ex-agent of the year was banking on.

Last edited:
Looks like the promoters gone into panic mode, $29.75 for the Honda Centre gig and 2 for 1 tickets for the Kia Forum, a bargain for those who are local and fancy it!

I’m local but still waffling about it. Do we make the effort to go down there and pay for parking? Where’s the guarantee he’s going to show up? I’m going to wait until day of show. If we go and he cancels, I will literally never hear the end of it from my partner.

This is the most insulted I've ever felt by him, and I've been a fan since 1992. Talk about lazy... just saying "20th Anniversary" doesn't make your fans obligated to be excited about this sham of a "celebration". Morrissey simply saw a gap in Los Angeles (Record Labels) on his "tour" (yes, you need to use qotes these days, since he so rarely completes one without some other idiot ruining if for him) and a chance to (in his mind) prove to labels that he is worth signing. So he lazily booked these shows 4 months ahead of when YATQ actually came out, had the yes-Nephews around him agree that he has enough goodwill with fans to fill TWO arena shows, without even a reissue, repackage, OR THE ORIGINAL YATQ BAND. WTF? And it's not like he hasn't played YATQ stuff for the past 20 years. So... I'm supposed to spend a bajillion dollars on tickets (when eggs are like $50) for the 2 night only chance to hear "All The Lazy Dykes" played by people not named Alain and Boz? Nah, I'm good. We've all grown fat with Boz, and you can pretend that it's all about you, but for the kind of fan who's gonna fly out to LA for you, respecting those who have spent the past 20 years lookin at the backside of you is important. Mozi, one of my favorite sayings is: "If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole". All your old musicians are playing together. You may be the asshole in this situation.

For the past 10 years, he schedules his tours around attempting to attempt to impress Record Labels (London) and Record Labels (Los Angeles). Mozi, we may be done. Not to mention attempting to throw Capitol under the bus. Shame on you, Steven. I caught your shirt in 1992 in Milwaukee. What happened?
tickets original price was forty four dollars so i dont know how you got the bajillion dollars from,its simple,if you dont want to go then dont go.ps-how many eggs are you getting if they cost you fifty dollars,tesco in the uk do ten eggs for £1.50,your fifty dollars would get you 260 eggs in the uk.cluck cluck.

tickets original price was forty four dollars so i dont know how you got the bajillion dollars from,its simple,if you dont want to go then dont go.ps-how many eggs are you getting if they cost you fifty dollars,tesco in the uk do ten eggs for £1.50,your fifty dollars would get you 260 eggs in the uk.cluck cluck.

The lowest price was originally around 75 - 80 dollars.

I wouldn't slow down if I were walking past his current band busking "All the lazy Dykes" in Times Square. I'd pay $500 for a proper YATQ celebration: Full album + b sides with reunion of 2004 lineup, with maybe a surprise guest tossed in.

This isn't a celebration of an average album as it's being billed, it's another desperate attempt for record label attention cloaked as one.

Back
Top Bottom