your favorite cover

Siouxsie's version is better maybe :eek:

no! i hate both versions!!! :eek:

should I go hide in a corner now?

seriously though. "dear prudence" is one of the maybe...3? beatles songs that i just do not like. i dislike even more the siouxsie cover. sorry!!! :o

as NriTh said earlier though, i do enjoy Siouxsie's cover of "Passenger." :cool:

I always thought Live's cover of "Walk the line" was incredible ... the band themselves may not be as good as they were in the 90s but all their covers are incredible.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xx41FsWYBXA

How do you add/embed youtube videos into posts? the embed link doesn't seem to work here..

i should have said it does not have to be just one favorite cover.

Who can ever pick just one. You know us well... or maybe just me. :o;)

I was listening to the Best of Supertramp (yeah, I said it! :mad:;)) in the car awhile ago and my daughter heard their "Give a Little Bit" and mentioned that it didn't "sound like the song"...she's referring to the Goo Goo Dolls version (I had to set her straight :p) which isn't too bad, actually :o.

A musician friend of mine has a CD of covers and he does an excellent job of Supertramp's "Take the Long Way Home". I played both versions for my daughter's listening pleasure :) He also does amazing, striped-down versions of Radiohead's "High and Dry" and Stevie Wonder's, "Golden Lady". He's American, but his singing voice is very British and Beatles-esqe...being a HUGE Beatles fan, he is rightly-so very satisfied with. :)

ZOMG! I completely forgot...

Poi Dog Pondering's cover of New Order's "Love Vigilantes" :guitar:

THIS is my favorite. I really mean it, oye :p

Soft Cell's version of Judy Street's ''What''

Jukebox Jury

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another favorite ;) of which, I am not sorry for *stands ground, hands on hips*

There are many of them but I'm too sleepy to think. Here is one.

Duran Duran, "911 Is a Joke."

Ewan McGregor, "Your Song."

I love Ewan McGregor. In case you didn't know.

Kevin Spacey, "Beyond the Sea."

I love Kevin and Bobby. :)

The Communards - Don't Leave Me This Way. At the very least, it's a very successful cover. And I loved it to bits as a wee kid.

Nirvana - Oh Me.

:cool: :guitar:

Beatles peeps, I love their cover version of Please, Mr. Postman. I used to listen to that song when I was little...when the Carpenters covered it. :o I'm old...

The Sex Pistols cover is great, the original is crap. Although, it wasn't as bad as the Monkees tv show. THAT was an atrocity.

Back
Top Bottom