Alcohol

Wow, that's a beer lovers heaven on earth. It would be fun to have a beer club where you try new ones together.
I had a group of friends that did that. We’d go get a few six packs full of individual bottles and create our own flights. It was a great way to try a lot of things all at once. When you go to the store, you can get this giant master list of all the beers alphabetical or you can just wander through the coolers. It’s all chilled and ready to go. They specialize in kegs, too, though not quite as many options.

I had a group of friends that did that. We’d go get a few six packs full of individual bottles and create our own flights. It was a great way to try a lot of things all at once. When you go to the store, you can get this giant master list of all the beers alphabetical or you can just wander through the coolers. It’s all chilled and ready to go. They specialize in kegs, too, though not quite as many options.

That would be great to have that master list then cross off and rate each after tasted. I'm not big on IPAs--too bitter. And dark beers are too heavy. I don't mind the ones with higher than average alcohol though--more bang for the buck.

As a fan of alcohol from the age of 7yrs I can truly say at this late stage Organic wine is just superb :thumb:

To much skunk weed huh. It probably will as the market stabilizes. In other places I’ve been like Amsterdam the base quality was pretty decent everywhere. There will always be a few who will still buy from unauthorized people though for cheap weed just cause they can’t afford the store prices. This has been the case for people I know in Colorado. This is why I like vaping though. No smell or smoke
When medical marijuana first legalized, there was an explosion of businesses. Some streets had every other shop was a distributor. And then the city stepped in and tried to get some control of the situation and created licensing. A rule was made about distance between a school and a weed store. 80-90% ended up having to close. Now with the new law here where it’s completely legal, they’re still trying to figure out how to implement it. I expect the quality will become quite good. It used to be who you knew as well as what you could afford. Edibles are what I hear the most about now.

Just finished a book called Dopesick about the opioid crisis in the US. I learned a great deal and recommend this book. The author is clearly an advocate for MAT--medication assisted therapy as opposed to the AA abstinence only approach to treatment. She makes a solid, reasoned argument. I bought it.

Now I am watching a documentary, One Little Pill, about MAT for alcohol addiction using the drug naltrexone--an opioid blocker--to minimize cravings and withdrawal symptoms in lieu of complete abstinence. Anybody ever try this or have experience with someone who has? I am not a fan of AA so anything other than this seems worth trying.

Last edited:
When medical marijuana first legalized, there was an explosion of businesses. Some streets had every other shop was a distributor. And then the city stepped in and tried to get some control of the situation and created licensing. A rule was made about distance between a school and a weed store. 80-90% ended up having to close. Now with the new law here where it’s completely legal, they’re still trying to figure out how to implement it. I expect the quality will become quite good. It used to be who you knew as well as what you could afford. Edibles are what I hear the most about now.

I’m not to big on edibles, though I still enjoy it if I eat one, and I feel like there’s more risk of kids getting ahold of them. I do understand that not everyone wants to smoke but really I think that’s solved by vaping. Personally I think it, edibles, hits to slow for my tastes. I agree that it of course needs some licencing and regulation

Just finished a book called Dopesick about the opioid crisis in the US. I learned a great deal and recommend this book. The author is clearly an advocate for MAT--medication assisted therapy as opposed to the AA abstinence only approach to treatment. She makes a solid, reasoned argument. I bought it.

Now I am watching a documentary, One Little Pill, about MAT for alcohol addiction using the drug naltrexone--an opioid blocker--to minimize cravings and withdrawal symptoms in lieu of complete abstinence. Anybody ever try this or have experience with someone who has? I am not a fan of AA so anything other than this seems worth trying.

It’s a bit frustrating though as many of the same companies that pushed the opioids are the makers of the addiction managing drugs

gone but not forgotten :cool:
mdf.jpg

Alcohol is what white workers need to be able to transform into white trash over the weekend. Gambling works the same way.
Needless to say I avoid both and wonder why working people claim they love working when their alcohol and gambling at weekends tells us something else.
Wine is full of toxins and the only healthy bi product from beer breweries is the beer yeast that is not like other types of yeast and therefor it eats candida and keeps it in check.
I imagine many breweries not knowing they are sitting on gold.

Alcohol is what white workers need to be able to transform into white trash over the weekend. Gambling works the same way.
Needless to say I avoid both and wonder why working people claim they love working when their alcohol and gambling at weekends tells us something else.
Wine is full of toxins and the only healthy bi product from beer breweries is the beer yeast that is not like other types of yeast and therefor it eats candida and keeps it in check.
I imagine many breweries not knowing they are sitting on gold.
FYI -we would say brewer’s yeast

The most worrying aspect of alcohol is how it ruins the heart. Atrial fibrillation is caused by alcohol and in the end leads to stroke.
Alcohol makes people fat and give them a puffy look and it makes the skin so dry.rug

People who look down on junkies should know that alcohol creates the same effect as drugs do but if you drink alcohol and take drugs the drugs will take over and the effect of the alcohol goes away.

Alcohol is a drug and most skin conditions out there were created by alcohol or is a consequence of intake of alcohol. Psoriasis is not a disease or anything just an allergic reaction to alcohol that in turn kills the vitamins and minerals that your skin needs.

Back
Top Bottom