Article: "The Very Best of Morrissey" with Bonus DVD; "Glamorous Glue" single with previously unrele

From true-to-you:

The Very Best Of Morrissey with bonus DVD to be released 25th April; Glamorous Glue single with previously unreleased songs

22 February 2011

EMI presents:

The Very Best Of Morrissey

With Bonus DVD

Release date: 25th April

And

'Glamorous Glue' Single

- All Formats Featuring Previously Unreleased Songs -

Following the 20th anniversary release last year of Bona Drag, EMI are pleased to announce, with Morrissey's full co-operation, the release through the Major Minor label of The Very Best Of, and limited edition 'Glamorous Glue' seven inches and an ECD featuring two never-heard-before B-sides.

The Very Best Of Morrissey is an 18-song compilation, encompassing a diverse selection of material from Morrissey's HMV and Parlophone albums, ranging from his early run of successful singles, through selected album tracks – 'Glamorous Glue', 'Break Up The Family' – to B-sides, such as November Spawned A Monster's 'Girl Least Likely To'. Additionally, it also includes the US mix of 'Tomorrow' and US single version of 'My Love Life', his sublime, extended (9:39 minutes) interpretation of Johnny Mercer and Henry Mancini's 'Moonriver', and a never-heard-before solo version of 'Interlude' (originally released as a duet with Siouxsie Sioux).

The bonus DVD will feature 11 promo videos, three of which – 'Boxers', 'The More You Ignore Me...', and 'Sunny' - are previously unavailable on DVD outside of the US, and the rarely seen, mesmerising live performance of 'I've Changed My Plea To Guilty' from the Jonathan Ross Show.

The week before the album's release, a limited edition 7" in a picture sleeve, a limited edition 7" picture disc, and an ECD single of 'Glamorous Glue' will be released, both b/w two never-heard-before Morrissey songs – 'Safe, Warm Lancashire Home' (7 inches) and 'Treat Me Like A Human Being' (ECD) – taken from the Viva Hate album sessions.

Directing the artwork for the album and single, Morrissey has chosen a selection of very rare – in some instances, previously unseen – stunning photos from Jake Walters, Kevin Cummins, Linder Sterling, Perou and Renaud Monfourny to adorn the sleeves, booklet and poster bag.

The album will be available on CD and vinyl. The LP version will be a double, heavyweight 180g vinyl, housed in a wide-spine sleeve with a pull-out poster. The CD will be housed in a gatefold, card sleeve.

The first seven inch single will come in a double-sided picture sleeve with the orange Major Minor labels on the disc. The picture disc will be clear plastic with a photo each side.

The Very Best Of Morrissey tracklisting:

1. The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
2. You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
3. The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
4. Glamorous Glue
5. Girl Least Likely To
6. Suedehead
7. Tomorrow (US remix radio edit)
8. Boxers
9. My Love Life (US mix)
10. Break Up The Family
11. I've Changed My Plea To Guilty
12. Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference
13. Ouija Board, Ouija Board
14. Interesting Drug
15. November Spawned A Monster
16. Everyday Is Like Sunday
17. Interlude (Morrissey solo version)*
18. Moonriver (extended 9:39 version)

*Previously unreleased

Bonus DVD:
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
Glamorous Glue
Suedehead
Tomorrow
Boxers
My Love Life
I've Changed My Plea To Guilty (live, Jonathan Ross Show)*
Interesting Drug
November Spawned A Monster
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Sunny

*Previously unavailable on DVD

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "The Very Best of Morrissey" with Bonus DVD; "Glamorous Glue" single wit

There is a version of the Interlude Morrissey Solo version circulating. He sings the whole song, meaning both Siouxsie and his own sections of the song. Its pretty sweet...it surfaced together with a bunch of "Vauxhall and I" demos I think.

thanks, I'm going to track this baby down!

Im curious as to how we can ALL order the 7" singles? will they be available in the states too, or is this just a UK thing, as always?

Re: Article: "The Very Best of Morrissey" with Bonus DVD; "Glamorous Glue" single wit

If only this did come with a free badge, then it might be worth buying.

This sums it up perfectly, all these songs live with me, I love them, no one has usurped them, this sort of thing just damages them, its a product I would expect him to shrink in horror from, sod bloody moon river, wheres the live at the hollywood bowl dvd?

It will be good to hear "Safe, Warm Lancashire Home" and "Treat Me Like A Human Being" I have never heard of the latter.

"photos from Jake Walters, Kevin Cummins, Linder Sterling, Perou and Renaud Monfourny toadorn the sleeves, booklet and poster bag.

I wonder what a poster bag is?

I'ts a bag with a poster pic on it. Would've thought that was fairly obvious in the name no?

If Moz doesn't release some new material soon his "best ofs' are going to take over his actual albums at this rate. At least if you're going to release stuff we already own could you not try and think of a more imaginative title that 'the very best of'? I hope those 2 unheard tracks are better quality than the last 2 awful tracks we heard aka lifeguard and happy lovers. Jesus the word unheard exists for a reason.

If Moz doesn't release some new material soon his "best ofs' are going to take over his actual albums at this rate. At least if you're going to release stuff we already own could you not try and think of a more imaginative title that 'the very best of'? I hope those 2 unheard tracks are better quality than the last 2 awful tracks we heard aka lifeguard and happy lovers. Jesus the word unheard exists for a reason.

Compilations (inc live) already outweigh studio albums. Same story with The Smiths.

lots of songs had other names, didn;t worked out, a few years later it get picket up
and get's an another name and released, as Morrissey is famous for being a controlfreak, in his carreer he more than once stopped a release to change things

so , if you care Morrissey, change it a bit, and some live video would be nice

As a fan of Morrissey I want that fantastic compilation plus never heard songs & beautiful interpretations of classic songs "Moonriver" & "Interlude"

It's much easier to just stop complaining and hand over your money.

There are obviously people who will have everything. There are people who are so cheap they will denounce everything. EVERY ARTIST on the planet is interested in making money. And it's how they make a living, so why not? Not every release is designed for the fan who already owns everything.

I own everything and I will buy this too so I will continue to own everything. I love how people whine about not wanting to buy something when they already own all the songs, but then announce what the songs should be!

It's the same exact TEDIOUS story over and over from fans! "Best of Most of... blah blah Tacky Badge"... Idiots, "Paint a Vulgar Picture" isn't even about re-releasing his own material! How can you call yourself a fan if you don't even know what this song is about???

Buying things is a choice. You don't have to buy it. He doesn't need us to do his PR. There really isn't a single release he could put out that you guys wouldn't whine about unless it were this:

"A Box Set with Everything He's Ever Recorded. Unheard B-sides, all tracks in all versions, everything you could ever imagine. And instead of a cost being associated with it, we'll send it along to your home with rush delivery free of charge. This is Morrissey's thank you for being a fan and for wearing his hair like he wore it in 1987. Cheers."

Last edited:
pathetic- absolutely pathetic.

It's much easier to just stop complaining and hand over your money.

There are obviously people who will have everything. There are people who are so cheap they will denounce everything. EVERY ARTIST on the planet is interested in making money. And it's how they make a living, so why not? Not every release is designed for the fan who already owns everything.

I own everything and I will buy this too so I will continue to own everything. I love how people whine about not wanting to buy something when they already own all the songs, but then announce what the songs should be!

It's the same exact TEDIOUS story over and over from fans! "Best of Most of... blah blah Tacky Badge"... Idiots, "Paint a Vulgar Picture" isn't even about re-releasing his own material! How can you call yourself a fan if you don't even know what this song is about???

Buying things is a choice. You don't have to buy it. He doesn't need us to do his PR. There really isn't a single release he could put out that you guys wouldn't whine about unless it were this:

"A Box Set with Everything He's Ever Recorded. Unheard B-sides, all tracks in all versions, everything you could ever imagine. And instead of a cost being associated with it, we'll send it along to your home with rush delivery free of charge. This is Morrissey's thank you for being a fan and for wearing his hair like he wore it in 1987. Cheers."

simply said, if you want Morrissey's releases and keep on collecting, buy it, it's a
new single and a album, the collection grows

glad it's released around April , my Yearday month:thumb:

Oh wow, wasn't expecting some truly unreleased material.
Didn't think I'd ever to get to hear these tracks but that kind of thinking has been proven wrong quite a few times the past couple of years.

Very nice.

At this point a "Worst of Morrissey" collection would probably be more interesting.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom