Fox5NY: Morrissey, Exclusive Performance & Interview (October 20, 2023)

UPDATE October 20:

"Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings" on "Good Day New York / Fox5NY - Winkin’ Long / YouTube. Link posted by TheSmiths_1985.

Interview with Rosanna Scotto now on Fox5NY and YouTube:

From MarcoD71 (mp4 download available):

Audio link and screenshot posted by Famous when dead:

full

Posted by Famous when dead (original post):

full

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
What? Do you prefer the embarrassment known as CNN? Or even worse MSNBC?

Oh, yes.

American tv is unwatchable, but they've got a higher status & he's a singer that's high-low art - he doesn't appeal to the middle so much - so you have to get him on prestigious shows or the end of a pier.

Capitol have him by the balls because they could start leaking more messages. He should cut his loses and buy the album back. I would self release personally, then he can act like he's sticking it to "The Man".
Independently releasing this album soon could work especially because, as others have pointed out, of all the publicity, unintentional or otherwise it's already attracted. That would be an interesting experiment for the Morrissey camp, probably involving an uncomfortable learning curve to make sure all aspects are covered. Morrissey has good music business experience though, and contacts. Maybe then for WMTWD, a record company would sweep in again, or they'd stick with diy once they got the knack, if BOT sold well and got picked up, especially in charts?

Enjoyed the song and interview :clap::love:

If Moz gets Bonfire back from Capitol, whether he self releases or gets distribution through another label, I Am Veronica featuring Miley Cyrus can’t be on it, can it? Have I understood that correctly?

I can see why that’s a sticking point for Morrissey. It’s the opening track. The equivalent of being made to remove Jim Jim Falls from IANADOAC. Quite crucial, no?

Last edited:
I guess this is worth interjecting:

They could have walked past each other today or anytime this week...
New York being ironic on several levels
FWD.

Moz never asked Miley to sing on Veronica, but she wanted to.
Moz wanted to release Veronica with Miley, but she didn't want to be on it.
Yep, she's Billy Ray's daughter alright.

Would I Am Veronica be fatally diminished by removing Miley? Probably not. It’s not a duet, is it?

Bobby without Thelma wouldn’t work, but My Love Life without Chrissie probably would.

Yeah, Acton - a TV show or station can be a bad or unusual fit - which is why you get Brooklyn Vegan's snarky tone, even though they liked it:

Morrissey begins his four night stay at NYC’s United Palace on Saturday, and this morning he stopped by one of the few places who probably still welcome him and won’t ask anything too difficult, FOX 5’s Good Day New York, to hype up the shows.

I think you might be the only person that reads Brooklyn Vegan so I don't think Mozi has to worry.

It's Morrissey, so it's definitely an old red telephone box.
Good point. I didn't go old skool enough. I was thinking maybe an old bakelite thing. Don't you hate it when you're in the bath and the red box phone rings? Why are they always so far away from the bath?

Best audio I’ve found so far of “Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings” on YouTube

I'm guessing that's a gateway tie that lead to his Oxford bags-style 'loons?

232-021602-7909-980_0.jpg
232-021602-7909-980_2.jpg

What an unexpectedly nice surprise after a miserable day. Just when you think he’d never talk to the media again. Nothing really deep, but very sweet.

And so he’s going to buy the rights to release BOT back and take Miley’s voice of the record?

And what’s up with WMTWD? I noticed that he hasn’t played any song from it in recent shows.

Is Sure Enough the Telephone Rings about the Capitol records situation? "Who wants my money now?" or their money as they have put it?

What an unexpectedly nice surprise after a miserable day. Just when you think he’d never talk to the media again. Nothing really deep, but very sweet.

And so he’s going to buy the rights to release BOT back and take Miley’s voice of the record?

And what’s up with WMTWD? I noticed that he hasn’t played any song from it in recent shows.
Just a note that if he released the record in the UK, without Columbia’s permission, he could only be sued for loss of earnings—Columbia would have to prove Cyrus/Columbia lost money because of that song. I understand the law is different in America.

But in the UK it would be Cyrus who would be the problem for Columbia—she would be liable. I don’t think there’s an issue for Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom