It’s not about politics

You need to take it up with Google lyrics.

He does sing dying.

I would wager that you had never heard the song before. When the song was mentioned yesterday you said you were going to do "research". This is the riveting result of your "research", a misinterpretation based on the lyrics that were misheard by whoever submitted them to google. He sings "and eyeing" not "and dying", the same as the original. Your hunch was wrong but still you cling.

I would wager that you had never heard the song before. When the song was mentioned yesterday you said you were going to do "research". This is the riveting result of your "research", a misinterpretation based on the lyrics that were misheard by whoever submitted them to google. He sings "and eyeing" not "and dying", the same as the original. Your hunch was wrong but still you cling.
The thing is, she makes a positive contribution to this site: she does stuff.

You on the other hand sit on the sidelines sniping. It’s contributions like hers that make the site worthwhile. There’s certainly no one (save for possibly two I can think of) who come here to read your stinking sewer dross.

Nerak is active, and positive, whereas you’re what’s known as ‘a wanker’.

You on the other hand sit on the sidelines sniping. It’s contributions like hers that make the site worthwhile. There’s certainly no one (save for possibly two I can think of) who come here to read your stinking sewer dross.

Active.........if not deluded.

I'd never heard the Hermits version before so I did go & research it. And put the lyrics & videos in the post to see what Hovis thought.

It was a discussion.

It does sound like dying - he also emphasizes it differently so it's the girls questioning success... in the Hermits version lush girls are part of their success even if home is better.

I'd never heard the Hermits version before so I did go & research it. And put the lyrics & videos in the post to see what Hovis thought.

It was a discussion.

It does sound like dying - he also emphasizes it differently so it's the girls questioning success... in the Hermits version lush girls are part of their success even if home is better.
It’s ‘dying’ Nerak. And whilst I respect your generosity the person you’re engaging with is simply (if you’ll forgive my language) ‘coming the c***’. Start seeing the worst in people, if it’s how they want to present themselves here.

You're another person who believes himself to be smarter than he actually is. That's the second time you've butted in and said something when I haven't mentioned you once. Your whole comment builds to calling me a 'wanker', which apparently is supposed to be a devastating indictment of my character, but it's just another vague insult the likes of which people hurl at each other every day on here and as such has ceased to mean anything. I'm not even the 'Melvis' person that you think you're talking to; doesn't Melvis usually post under the name 'Melvis' anyway? I'm 'Anonymous'. I've only seen Melvis's posts a few times so I don't know what he has said or done to get you so hung up on him but I hope you're able to get past it. So your whole post built to calling someone a 'wanker' and it wasn't even the person you thought it was. Get some fresh air.

And no: Nerak makes this website worse; her posts are low-effort rapid-fire spam. "Doing stuff" isn't inherently positive, and that's a very low bar to set. 'Positive' contributors to this website on Morrissey related topics have included ('positive' meaning they wrote sensible posts which were worth reading): BrummieBoy, Amy, Jamie, Detritus, Joe Frady, and the person with the Oscar Wilde display picture whose name escapes me at the moment (possibly 'Irregular Regular', I'm not sure). Whenever I see a post from any of those people I tend to take the time to stop and read it and I know I'll be no worse off for doing so. When I see a Nerak post I know it's time to #scroll -- and has as much to do with the frequency with which she posts as it does with anything else. This website didn't need 7500 Nerak posts in one year, especially since a high percentage of those posts aren't of a particularly great quality, and if we didn't have those 7500 posts we wouldn't have lost very much, if anything. If she had posted 500 times instead of 7500 she could have made the same points and it would have been in less of a buzzard fashion and therefore more people would probably have a better opinion of her contributions (because four or five of the posts on every page on every thread wouldn't have come from her).

The fact that you think they're positive contributions just because it's "doing stuff" tells me a lot about your standards. If UncleSkinny had a "doing stuff" anti-Morrissey thread where he pointed out Morrissey's hypocritical positions or mean-spirited behaviour over the years you wouldn't be so charitable towards his contributions even though that would be "doing stuff" which is supposedly positive. As I'm writing this a new post has appeared from you and it seems you're still on the same foul-mouthed tirade against someone who isn't even who you think they are, so I'm going to sign off here and let you get that fresh air that you obviously desperately need :thumb:

You're another person who believes himself to be smarter than he actually is. That's the second time you've butted in and said something when I haven't mentioned you once. Your whole comment builds to calling me a 'wanker', which apparently is supposed to be a devastating indictment of my character, but it's just another vague insult the likes of which people hurl at each other every day on here and as such has ceased to mean anything. I'm not even the 'Melvis' person that you think you're talking to; doesn't Melvis usually post under the name 'Melvis' anyway? I'm 'Anonymous'. I've only seen Melvis's posts a few times so I don't know what he has said or done to get you so hung up on him but I hope you're able to get past it. So your whole post built to calling someone a 'wanker' and it wasn't even the person you thought it was. Get some fresh air.

And no: Nerak makes this website worse; her posts are low-effort rapid-fire spam. "Doing stuff" isn't inherently positive, and that's a very low bar to set. 'Positive' contributors to this website on Morrissey related topics have included ('positive' meaning they wrote sensible posts which were worth reading): BrummieBoy, Amy, Jamie, Detritus, Joe Frady, and the person with the Oscar Wilde display picture whose name escapes me at the moment (possibly 'Irregular Regular', I'm not sure). Whenever I see a post from any of those people I tend to take the time to stop and read it and I know I'll be no worse off for doing so. When I see a Nerak post I know it's time to #scroll -- and has as much to do with the frequency with which she posts as it does with anything else. This website didn't need 7500 Nerak posts in one year, especially since a high percentage of those posts aren't of a particularly great quality, and if we didn't have those 7500 posts we wouldn't have lost very much, if anything. If she had posted 500 times instead of 7500 she could have made the same points and it would have been in less of a buzzard fashion and therefore more people would probably have a better opinion of her contributions (because four or five of the posts on every page on every thread wouldn't have come from her).

The fact that you think they're positive contributions just because it's "doing stuff" tells me a lot about your standards. If UncleSkinny had a "doing stuff" anti-Morrissey thread where he pointed out Morrissey's hypocritical positions or mean-spirited behaviour over the years you wouldn't be so charitable towards his contributions even though that would be "doing stuff" which is supposedly positive. As I'm writing this a new post has appeared from you and it seems you're still on the same foul-mouthed tirade against someone who isn't even who you think they are, so I'm going to sign off here and let you get that fresh air that you obviously desperately need :thumb:
Great, with that weight off your chest your next post might be worthwhile.

Why do people get so invested in this shit? There's real life problems out there. Which........we all have.
That is the eternal mystery. The bitterest on here probably began by making a fatal existential error— by thinking Morrissey was something other than a pop star. He’s a great one, but a he’s ‘just’ a pop star nevertheless. He’d probably be the first to admit (and I think he did in the early nineties) that he doesn’t actually exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know you've got to be a complete f***ing dipshit to have me standing alongside Hovis and Hofmann in solidarity. Please do everyone a favor and f*** off, anonymous twat. No one cares about a single word of your daily verbal diarrhea.

Poor twisted Verso, so fugly, so fugly
Poor twisted Verso, oh hug me, just hug me
Morrissey-solo spawned a yawn inducer when they let this crank sign up
And he later jibed:
"You're a moron, you're an idiot, I'm writing a thesis;
You're a retard, I'm 35 and destined for greatness"
An insight into why all self-respecting persons must pause and draw the line :ha-no: :crazy:

That is the eternal mystery. The bitterest on here probably began by making a fatal existential error— by thinking Morrissey was something other than a pop star. He’s a great one, but a pop star nevertheless. He’d probably be the first to admit (and I think he did in the early nineties) that he doesn’t actually exist.
Yes, my life would have been so less complicated and frustrating if it had been stamped on his forehead, "Nothing but a pop star".

Adderall is a hell of a drug.

You know you've got to be a complete f***ing dipshit to have me standing alongside Hovis and Hofmann in solidarity. Please do everyone a favor and f*** off, anonymous twat. No one cares about a single word of your daily verbal diarrhea.

How's that for a backhanded compliment @Stephen Hofmann and @Hovis Lesley? The Great Verso thinks you're such dipshits that it takes an even bigger dipshit to come along before you're blessed to have him standing alongside you. How lucky you both are now, don't you know how much "intellectual weight" he carries here? :crazy:
Thank goodness the self-appointed intellectual powerhouse and equalizer of the morrissey-solo forum is here to stand temporarily with the little people (aka 'racists' the rest of the time) and send the anon posters scampering away.
What a benevolent basket case he is.

We've had 2 pound shops close in the last year. If the pound shops can't survive, god help us. As to "community hubs"........don't get me started. Our council in their wisdom, god rid of the main council building in the high st, where people paid their taxes et al...sold it off and now everything is located in the library. We even pick up our bin bags in them. It's all a joke.
So sad that you don't have a proper library in your area anymore. I love local libraries they can be nice quiet places to read or do work or write letters. Also good for children. I noticed computers and WiFi have started coming into libraries making them more like Internet cafes.

Do you have a local leisure centre run by the council or a swimming pool? I heard that some private gyms can open up again in some areas after the lockdown.

We are living in strange and difficult times. The vaccine will be coming in soon.

I noticed that council buildings where the council themselves work in like Town Halls are often really nice quite grand buildings.

Poor twisted Verso, so fugly, so fugly
Poor twisted Verso, oh hug me, just hug me
Morrissey-solo spawned a yawn inducer when they let this crank sign up
And he later jibed:
"You're a moron, you're an idiot, I'm writing a thesis;
You're a retard, I'm 35 and destined for greatness"
An insight into why all self-respecting persons must pause and draw the line :ha-no: :crazy:

Is this your idea of 'high-effort, non-spam' posting?

I could never reach these dizzy heights.

Is this your idea of 'high-effort, non-spam' posting?

I could never reach these dizzy heights.

"Is this your idea of 'high-effort, non-spam' posting" - no? Did I say anywhere that it was? It's still worth more than any of your low effort spam posts because it's not completely devoid of humour and it pokes fun at someone with far too high an opinion of themselves so it serves a purpose. I'm also not going to write variations of that same post 7500 times over the next year. I agree with your second sentence.

Back
Top Bottom