Jesse has improved as a guitarist. Agreed?

Jesse has improved as a guitarist. Agreed?

• What are you on about? He was always good!

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • He lacked before, but yes, he's improved!

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • He's a bit better, but still no Alain.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Not sure whether he has, but I don't care for him as a band member.

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • No, he's as cack-handed as ever.

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • He's gotten worse!

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
And I blew it completely out of proportion. I am sorry.

There are numerous posters here who I consider to be just as sycophantic and biased as you, if not moreso. I won't name names, because picking on them would be like picking on little children. But they mask it with a lot of typo-free, English textbook-approved rhetoric and displays of their collections, and whatnot. With you, though...sometimes I wonder if you even care about the music, the art, at all. Those other wanks on here, at least they hide behind the veneer that the craft is central to them.

I honestly think that with you it is just frink frink frink, he's Prince f***ing Charming, Knight in Shining Armor, all that 12 year old girl crap.

King Leer asked if we thought Jesse had improved as a guitarist. NotHappyNotSad posted video proof of the guy's hamfisted hacktasticness. Question, response.

No one got bored and decided to come on here and start a thread to talk shit. When a question dependent on personal interpretation and opinion is asked, like King Leer's was, it is implicitly open to two, if not more, kinds of answers. That is the nature of a debate.

There are numerous posters here who I consider to be just as sycophantic and biased as you, if not moreso. I won't name names, because picking on them would be like picking on little children. But they mask it with a lot of typo-free, English textbook-approved rhetoric and displays of their collections, and whatnot. With you, though...sometimes I wonder if you even care about the music, the art, at all. Those other wanks on here, at least they hide behind the veneer that the craft is central to them.

I honestly think that with you it is just frink frink frink, he's Prince f***ing Charming, Knight in Shining Armor, all that 12 year old girl crap.

You're right. I was out of line. I'll stop now.

You can find clips to prove the opposite, too. A few months ago someone posted a comparison of Jesse doing the Fatty solo recently and last year -- much better now.
And I really don't know how you can deny the new rendition of First of the Gang isn't better than any version Jesse did previously, but again it's opinion.

The second choice on the poll was written as a positive one (not damning faint praise). And 2nd place "Not sure whether he has..." choice was actually written for people who don't care about how good or bad he is but simply don't like him. But of course the choices can be interpreted freely.

King Leer asked if we thought Jesse had improved as a guitarist. NotHappyNotSad posted video proof of the guy's hamfisted hacktasticness. Question, response.

No one got bored and decided to come on here and start a thread to talk shit. When a question dependent on personal interpretation and opinion is asked, like King Leer's was, it is implicitly open to two, if not more, kinds of answers. That is the nature of a debate.

Last edited:
I woke up yesterday morning & went to the airport, started reading this at some point during a layover, & 24 hours later when I'm finally in bed in Hawaii this fight is stil happening.

I woke up yesterday morning & went to the airport, started reading this at some point during a layover, & 24 hours later when I'm finally in bed in Hawaii this fight is stil happening.

Strange observation from someone whose seemingly sole purpose for posting on solo is to, over the course of months, log on to exclusively point out that I am crazy by fighting with me. :straightface: Go have a Mai tai and enjoy Hawaii instead of this. Or share with us your opinion on Jesse's excellent guitar work. :cool:

...someone whose seemingly sole purpose for posting on solo is to, over the course of months, log on to exclusively point out that I am crazy...

You're saying that as though you think it's a criticism, yet you've been logging on here for years and saying over and over again that you're "crazy". It's an image you always seem to have wanted and tried, online at least, to cultivate. It feels like hardly a week passes without you posting something "unusual" and following up with the words, "I'm crazy" (or something similar) by way of explanation. Thing is, people who genuinely experience mental illness, tend to underplay that part of themselves, rather than actively trying to accentuate and advertise it lest they be dismissed by others as a fruitloop.

You're just saying that because you think it will defuse the situation and he will quit asking you to support your claim and state what it is you find flawed about Morrissey.

It's OK, you can type it. He's not reading.

It's a common favourite tactic Crystal Geezer employs from time to time when she's cornered. It's supposed to turn the tables on the other person making them look like a bully if they choose continue with the line of questioning while she appears like a rational martyr and victim.*

That and making everything about her.

Crystal, I'm sure you don't realise it but your self-centred egoism is staggering at times.

(It's a chapter in How To Make Friends and Influence People.)

You're saying that as though you think it's a criticism, yet you've been logging on here for years and saying over and over again that you're "crazy". It's an image you always seem to have wanted and tried, online at least, to cultivate. It feels like hardly a week passes without you posting something "unusual" and following up with the words, "I'm crazy" (or something similar) by way of explanation. Thing is, people who genuinely experience mental illness, tend to underplay that part of themselves, rather than actively trying to accentuate and advertise it lest they be dismissed by others as a fruitloop.

It's a common favourite tactic Crystal Geezer employs from time to time when she's cornered. It's supposed to turn the tables on the other person making them look like a bully if they choose continue with the line of questioning while she appears like a rational martyr and victim.*

Crystal, I'm sure you don't realise it but your self-centred egoism is staggering at times.

Okay then. You got me figured out.

Cool, are you writing a biography on me too? I want to read it plz! I want it named "The Adventures of DAVIE!"

I wonder if they really think I've read How To Make Friends and Influence People. :squiffy: Who would read that? I wonder if this is how Morrissey feels when people say "Bahhh, he cribbed that from this passage in this book." It's a crappy feeling to be "figured out" by a moron. Poor guy.

I wonder if they really think I've read How To Make Friends and Influence People. :squiffy: Who would read that? I wonder if this is how Morrissey feels when people say "Bahhh, he cribbed that from this passage in this book." It's a crappy feeling to be "figured out" by a moron. Poor guy.

There's so many cool different levels to you Crystal, nobody can work you out! That is why your cool :p

Back
Top Bottom