Jesus of Nazareth, known as "J-dogg" by some

What is your opinion of Jesus?

• Total voters
With my luck, I'd end up renting the apartment right beneath Samsa's, and he'd be blasting MJ at all ungodly hours. I'd thud on the ceiling with a broom, hollering "turn that shit down!" and he'll yell back "I'm not taking orders from a black-clad 14-yr-old atheist!"

It looks like Sweden is only 5% Muslim and, worse, the government supports Israel. Le Monde tells me: "for many years, the Scandinavian kingdom had been one of the Western countries most committed to the Palestinian cause, but since the Hamas terrorist attack on October 7, the country, now governed by the right, has shown almost unwavering support for Israel." Boo hiss.

The most famous Swedish convert to Islam was the artist Ivan Aguéli, an anarcho-esoteric Sufi Muslim who at a glance seems pretty great. He was friends with the French vegetarian activist Marie Huot and once fired shots at a matador to protest bullfighting. This is good to have learned. Now I know what kind of Islam to take up: the Islam of Ivan Aguéli. Ideally I would move to a European/American expatriate community in Indonesia and frequent a Dutch-colonial salon where all the bohemian Muslim converts come together to waste their afternoons drinking tea, smoking hashish, and grumbling with resentment towards the West. Aguéli was a handsome fellow (he could almost be Amber Heard's cousin) and his art is not bad either.

Ivan-Agueli_ficha-policial.jpg

tower.jpg
Your first paragraph was very humorous 😃

Unfortunately, the rest was, well, just your
Usual ranting and raving shit.

Your first paragraph was very humorous 😃

Unfortunately, the rest was, well, just your
Usual ranting and raving shit.

Of course you’d think so. Your “Labour to my death/Labour to the deaths of innocent Palestinian children” party has abandoned the prickly wisdom of Jeremy Corbyn, lost George Galloway (a convert to Islam), and is coasting on venal milquetoast centrism. They even threw that poor guy under the bus who suggested Israel allowed October 7th as a premise for genocide. Gore Vidal said the same thing about 9/11 and got pilloried for it. Democrats, Labour—you’re just the boring left wing of the neoconservative, Zionist military-industrial complex. Now where I ask you can a person find some quality hashish in Jakarta?

Eat shit, Bitch.
Why you not going to the Manics no more?

Probably coz, you ain’t got no man
To pay for you… presumably ??

Then you need to be whipping more fat guys
Ass for the money, honey.

As discussed months ago,
Lodgings at my abode would be free,
Especially now that I’m not into
Over weight, self harmers with ugly hands.

Eat shit, Bitch.
Why you not going to the Manics no more?

Probably coz, you ain’t got no man
To pay for you… presumably ??

Then you need to be whipping more fat guys
Ass for the money, honey.

As discussed months ago,
Lodgings at my abode would be free,
Especially now that I’m not into
Over weight, self harmers with ugly hands.
I aint got no money. How long can I stay with you? I'm looking for a place to live. I'll need a job too. Can you do that for me, baldy??

Of course you’d think so. Your “Labour to my death/Labour to the deaths of innocent Palestinian children” party has abandoned the prickly wisdom of Jeremy Corbyn, lost George Galloway (a convert to Islam), and is coasting on venal milquetoast centrism. They even threw that poor guy under the bus who suggested Israel allowed October 7th as a premise for genocide. Gore Vidal said the same thing about 9/11 and got pilloried for it. Democrats, Labour—you’re just the boring left wing of the neoconservative, Zionist military-industrial complex. Now where I ask you can a person find some quality hashish in Jakarta?
I’m centre left…..
Don’t even try to drag me into your politics,
or religion.
I’ve stated on here many times that I don’t
Debate unnecessary death.

I come here for light entertainment only.

I started this thread with a picture of a bearded, long-haired apocalypticist, so I'll end my participation with another.
Reasons McFate won't end participation in this thread:
1. In the honoured tradition of NWL, Sam will claim not to wade back in but can't help taking a dip (twice already)
2. Luce hasn't heard my one disc Exile on Main St (the Stones' Gospel album) tracklisting yet
3. When we avoid the insults Aub has set up an interesting rewarding thread
4. No-one is demanding a Barabbas thread from LS

Reasons McFate won't end participation in this thread:
1. In the honoured tradition of NWL, Sam will claim not to wade back in but can't help taking a dip (twice already)
2. Luce hasn't heard my one disc Exile on Main St (the Stones' Gospel album) tracklisting yet
3. When we avoid the insults Aub has set up an interesting rewarding thread
4. No-one is demanding a Barabbas thread from LS
What nerve he has thinking he can just walk away from his own Jesus thread!!

one of my faves from

Spooky cool but still didn't make my 9/18 single disc Exile:

Rocks Off- tornado start, then the brass shoots it up higher with a G force "the sunshine bores the DAYLIGHTS out of me"
Rip this Joint- urgent dancefloor does not let up
Shake your hips- disciplined and slick
Tumblin' Dice- singalong relief from the frenetic party/riot prior

Sweet Virginia- lovely slow mouth organ swamp wallow
Loving Cup- the "I'm just a man of the soil" vibe can be a bit forced, but the combined Glimmer vocals pull off this plea
Happy- Keith does what it says on the label
Let it loose- just lovely confused decay, the desperate heights at 4.38
Shine a light- perhaps pedestrian after the rest, but that feelgood piano makes it a nice farewell blessing

Funny how many admittedly vague religious references Exile has, when it's surrounded by demonic RS themes: Their Satanic Majesties, Sympathy for the Devil, Sway, Goat's Head Soup (incl Dancing with Mr D). Anyone else want a go?

I find it more dignified to find Christ quietly and privately.

What if someone less likable (if that’s even possible) and less “good-looking”, someone without the Jesus hair and the “sexy chest”, someone like, say, Piers Morgan, had numerous allegations of rape made against him and became a born again Christian a few weeks later and announced it to the whole f***ing world? Wouldn’t you be at least a little suspicious?

Last edited:
I find it more dignified to find Christ quietly and privately.

What if someone less likable (if that’s even possible) and less “good-looking”, someone without the Jesus hair and the “sexy chest”, someone like, say, Piers Morgan, had numerous allegations of rape made against him and became a born again Christian a few weeks later and announced it to the whole f***ing world? Wouldn’t you be at least a little suspicious?
Well yeah, because it would seem incongruous to Piers Morgan's character. Whereas it seems natural that Russell was always on a journey toward finding God. I think it's good that Russell speaks out about it because it might inspire other people to find their own path toward God, people who maybe thought that Christianity was just for squares.

Well yeah, because it would seem incongruous to Piers Morgan's character. Whereas it seems natural that Russell was always on a journey toward finding God. I think it's good that Russell speaks out about it because it might inspire other people to find their own path toward God, people who maybe thought that Christianity was just for squares.

Nah, it’s for squares.

Sesame Street Draw GIF by Muppet Wiki

& anyone that would keep ‘Happy’ in their Exile as a single album list… totally square.

I agree with you on the lameness of Happy. That Keith Richards-hijacked throw-away is the worst thing on Exile on Main St. and would stick out even worse on a single album. The lesson of not letting Keith sing lead was not learned, though, and it ruins Little T&A which is actually a terrific song. If Mick Jagger had sung it, that one would've been an absolute Stones classic.

Totally agree. In some strange way Keith’s vocals compliment Mick well for backup. Musically, ‘Happy’ is a fun song.

Like Ringo, was Keith allowed to sing lead on at least one song per album if he chose? Lol.

I’ve been nagging you, Aubs, but it’s been an interesting thread.

Are you still looking for a Muslim country to move to? You could move to Sweden! Many brothers in faith, many pro-Palestine manifestations to attend, and the chicks all look like Amber Heard (and would probably appreciate a knowledgeable American contrarian)!
INSIGHTfUL!

Sesame Street Draw GIF by Muppet Wiki

& anyone that would keep ‘Happy’ in their Exile as a single album list… totally square.
In one context- I am being called square by Kermit the Frog on an internet forum run by Morrissey fans and former fans, in a thread about Jesus.

In another, I am being told I'm square because I'm choosing Keith over Mick?

Mixed emotions.

Tags
christianity edith sitwell jesus religion
Back
Top Bottom