Johnny Marr appearing on Would I Lie To You (February 9, 2024)

I'll never understand the popularity of the godawful comedians who are wall to wall on BBC/ITV/CH4, with the talentless Lee Mack being a prime example.
these panel shows have been going for years and the one common denominator is that most of the comedians share a few agents who get them onto the show.agree about the comedians,some are atrocious,kevin bridges has had the same act for ten years,the death of situation comedy in the uk hasnt helped.

these panel shows have been going for years and the one common denominator is that most of the comedians share a few agents who get them onto the show.agree about the comedians,some are atrocious,kevin bridges has had the same act for ten years,the death of situation comedy in the uk hasnt helped

these panel shows have been going for years and the one common denominator is that most of the comedians share a few agents who get them onto the show.agree about the comedians,some are atrocious,kevin bridges has had the same act for ten years,the death of situation comedy in the uk hasnt helped.
I have noticed a massive deterioration over the last few years. In terms of panel shows, QI is pretty much unbearable now, HIGNFY is ok occasionally. Stuff like the Last Leg is woeful. The lack of UK sitcoms is so depressingly. The David Mitchell/Shakespeare one is the only half decent one in recent years. I fear we will never see anything as good as Rising Damp, Porridge, Fawlty Towers, Young Ones, or the early series of Only Fools and Horses .

I have noticed a massive deterioration over the last few years. In terms of panel shows, QI is pretty much unbearable now, HIGNFY is ok occasionally. Stuff like the Last Leg is woeful. The lack of UK sitcoms is so depressingly. The David Mitchell/Shakespeare one is the only half decent one in recent years. I fear we will never see anything as good as Rising Damp, Porridge, Fawlty Towers, Young Ones, or the early series of Only Fools and Horses .
totally agree lionel,lee macks not going out is probably one of the last sitcoms,upstart crow with david mitchel can be hit or miss.hignfy has been going for far too long,for years paul merton has looked bored stiff and he doesnt like it when someone is funnier than him.

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom