Morrissey and the devil

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
Here's a beautiful photo.

4779845839_2e2072ec6d_b.jpg

It's another one of those God Photo Ops that Morrissey's so good at. Here G is posing him as this card:

L7T3D00Z.jpg

The chains that tie the minions to the earthly realm are in the concrete. Behind him is a blue car which in bird is look hard (take the b off the beginning, flip it upside down, tack it on the end as a d, drop the h like cockney) and if you do you notice his buttons:

4782177416_91c44ec166_b.jpg

They call attention to themselves beause one is different, it's flipped upside down. The shape on them is reminiscent to the lingam and yoni shape the devil holds, or the male and female sex parts. This is the same as the alchemist's mercury. It;s also interesting that 52 is spray painted on the wall or pedastol the chains connect to. It's the number of cards in a standard playing deck and the number of weeks in a year which complete one full solar cycle. Anyway, here's Moz being all devil, but in the sweetest way. I was reading (skimming really, my brain's too tired to read anything these days) Meditations on the Tarot (Powell) about the devil since we were talking about serpents and whatnot and he had this to say about the creation of artificial demons.

Consecrated water, for example, does not "lock up" the blessing -- or the force of will and imagination of the priest who blessed it -- but the blessing "hovers" above it. It re-establishes -- through the sacred magic of analogy put into practice -- the primordial relationship which existed between water and the spirit of God on the first day of creation, when "the spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters" (Genesis i, 2). Therefore, consecrated water is not water which has become a depot for the beneficial force of consecration, but rather it has been rendered susceptible to the presence of heaven. And a few drops of it are very effective for chasing demons away, as borne out by authentic witnesses across the centuries.

Now here we arrive at an important question: Once artificial demons are generated, how does one combat them, and how does one protect oneself and rid oneself of them?

Firstly, how does one combat them? Good does not combat evil in the sense of destructive action. It "combats" it by the sole fact of it's presence. Just as darkness gives way to the presence of light, so does evil give way before the presence of good.

So our little devil with AMOR in his heart sits and waits to combat the darkness with his light. :)

I think it's a delightful photograph. Also I bring up demons because both my dogs have fleas, or fears for some reason. :o We all have light that can fight the dark, even the darkest of us.

Last edited:
Thank you Silke, I will respond after I get up for the second time this morning. (It's 7am here and my bladder woke me up so I'm going back to bed. :p) I love the Wiley books too! Their first book was Dos for Dummies which was all the rage in the technical bookstore I worked at, my first bookstore job.

And Claudia2006, you're not so good at detecting darkness I think. :thumb:

From what I have read in the Bible so far, the following Satan for Dummies gives a pretty accurate account. I quite like the Wiley books and am surprised that they seem to also be reliable when it comes to the Bible and Mythology.

"Surprisingly, most of what people believe about Satan does not come from the Bible. For instance, the common image of Satan as a forked-tailed horned demon with a goat's body from the waist down derives more from the Greek god Pan than anything biblical. What, then, does the Bible say about Satan?

The Hebrew name Satan (pronounced sa-tan) actually means "adversary," and most often in the Hebrew Bible it is prefaced by the direct object, meaning "the adversary" rather than a distinct personal name. Satan's role grows more developed both in scope and magnitude through time, and, thus, in the earlier writings of the Hebrew Bible, Satan exists not so much as an individual character but as an adversarial position occupied by both humans and angels.

For example, the word satan is used for a human potential adversary in the Philistine army (1 Samuel 29:4), and two kings God raises to be Solomon's adversaries (1 Kings 11:14, 23). An angel of the LORD is called satan when he blocks the path of Balaam (Numbers 22:22, 32). Satan becomes more developed as a character in later writings of the Hebrew Bible, though he only appears a few times. He at times causes humans to do bad things, as he incites King David to conduct a census (1 Chronicles 21:1).

Satan also acts as a heavenly prosecuting attorney, bringing charges against sinners before God's heavenly court. For example, in Psalm 109:6 the author asks Satan to bring an enemy to trial. Also in Zechariah 3:1-2, Satan stands at the right hand of an angel to bring charges against the High Priest. Satan has a similar role in the opening chapter of Job, where he appears in the heavenly court with the sons of God to bring charges against Job.

In the New Testament, Satan plays a much larger role. Here Satan, also frequently called the Devil (from Greek diabolos, also meaning "adversary") is a proper name for the one who opposes God. Satan is also identified in the New Testament with the deceitful serpent in Eden, as well as many other names including Belial, the evil one, the ruler of the demons, the enemy, the ruler of this world, and Beelzebul (Beelzebub, meaning "Lord of the flies," is a pun on the name Beelzebul, meaning "Prince Baal").

Many scholars attribute Satan's development from an adversary to the archenemy of God to the influence of the Persian religion Zoroastrianism. This religion is a lot like Star Wars, in which two opposing forces, one good and the other evil, struggle for control of the universe. Yet, the New Testament preserves the Hebrew Bible's notion of Satan as far inferior to God and needing to get God's permission before "raising hell" on earth (see, for example, Luke 22:31). Following the biblical period, Medieval theologians reinterpreted passages such as Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28, in which Babylonian and Phoenician kings are condemned for pride, as descriptions about Satan. In fact, the name Lucifer comes from a Latin translation of Isaiah 14:12, in which the Babylonian king is linked to a fallen Morning Star, called in Latin lucern ferre ("bearer of light")."

Silke, this interpretation of Satan is extremely wise. An adversary is EXACTLY what he is. There are other ways of looking at what "the devil" is, the one that makes the most sense to me is that he represents materialism. Sex, money, greed, power, a false-sense of supreme knowledge apart from the divine. The thought that logic without grace can explain all mysteries. That it's a coincidence that certain geometric structures exist in nature, that God did not have a hand in designing his own universe. This very photo is a mystery but since it can't be scientifically proven it is false and that of craziness, but I digress. Anyway, from the standpoint of explaining what the devil is, he is that which one opposes. He also represents deception. Fred Gettings, an art historian who wrote a book on tarot, says something important about The Devil in regards to deceit. Ignore all the astrology stuff. "In the esoteric tradition the Devil is said to have rule over the domain of Scorpio, which in turn rules the private parts of the human body. This partly explains the graphic structure of the card, but it points also to the significance of the Scorpionic domain as outlined on page 75. [The thought on 75 being that a dead spirit dwells in the material realm until it is regenerated and made able to pass to a higher realm.] Scorpio is the "stagnant water" which symbolizes all those incompleted intentions, half truths, lies and frustrations which entered into the physical world of Taurus, from the pure spirit of Aries, and yet were not able to manifest freely in Gemini. Such half materializations remain in this domain of Scorpionic hell, awaiting regeneration by sacrifice or through suffering. All crimes, all deficiencies of spirit, are contained in this Scorpionic domain."

So Morrissey, being no stranger to the realm of sacrifice though suffering, represents this devil in a very clever way. He poses as the darkness not as though representing it, but to show that he illuminates it, brings darkness to light. He becomes the devil in order to fight the devil kind of thing, also a source of his suffering. He's like a lamb in a wolf suit. In a really deep and challenging way to describe, he is the water that cleanses the spirits trapped in the scorpionic hell allowing them to move on to a better place and insodoing, darkness is unveiled. Morrissey's water is not stagnant, it flows and cleanses spirits. He's like a spirit car wash. I can't exactly describe how he does this, :o he just does.

On the topic of demons, seperate from the devil or satan which isn't exactly threatening or fear-inducing, demons kinda are. Some people are just dark. You don't murder 30 women and chalk it up to a material need to kill. So, there is an evil in the world. The trick is figuring out a way to cast light on the evil because materialistic deeds always leave traces. That's a focus of meditation or prayer, I suppose.

Last edited:
I so wish that this was all true. Unfortunately, I'm cynical to the extent of disability.

Okay, not to dwell too much on Morrissey's personal dealings with materialism or the subject of his buttons, these lyrics very elegantly and beautifully sum up Morrissey's predicament of being a cleanser of souls. Morrissey refers to "Jesus" but the way I read it in the song he;s kinda singing to God, Morrissey himself is the Jesusy one doing the singing.

Why did you give me
so much desire?
when there is nowhere I can go
to offload this desire
Why did you give me
so much love
in a loveless world
when there is no one I can turn to
to unlock all this love
And Why did you stick me in
self-deprecating bones and skin
Jesus - do you hate me?
Why did you stick me in
self-deprecating bones and skin
do you hate me? do you hate me?
do you hate me? do you hate me?
do you hate me?

So a quick hermetic look at this is important. Let's say a culmination of materialness is gathered in the cosmos or whatever, the Scorpionic Realm, and needs to move on. Certain people are hand picked by God to perform this task, it's a delicate one that has to be steeped in love. It just does. So Morrissey feels frustration that he feels this love for his cosmic other half, but she or he has to remain cosmic in order to force Morrissey to have to think about his love for her, making his brain (where God dwells) project the love he feels. He doesn't physically connect with them and God insures this, curses Morrissey in a way so that this work can be done to allow this soul cleansing to take place. So for years and years and years, this goes on and Morrissey suffers because he wants so desperetly to touch someone he can only sense in his brain and who God has assured does exist and in the meantime, God teaches this cosmic other how to read the devil. So, anyway, yeah. That's what's going on when it comes to the suffering part. A quick look at ANY song in his discography pretty much sums up his love for his mythical mate. :straightface: God'll make it up to Morrissey though. :thumb:

He doesn't physically connect with them and God insures this (...) God'll make it up to Morrissey though. :thumb:

Ah, I knew God had a hand in this. It couldn't just be Morrissey.

It's good to know God has a plan for him. He has arranged a date with Kate 2828 for him, to make up for all this saintly suffering. :tears: God is not cruel after all.

Ah, I knew God had a hand in this. It couldn't just be Morrissey.

It's good to know God has a plan for him. He has arranged a date with Kate 2828 for him, to make up for all this saintly suffering. :tears: God is not cruel after all.

Kate 2828 doesn't like sex though. :crazy: BORRRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG. :p

I'll tell you one thing. If I went on a date with Morrissey, I wouldn't be sitting around waxing hermetic science with him, that's for sure. :p

Hey Morrissey, let me introduce you to alchemy. The alchemy IN MY PANTS!

Hey Morrissey, you have to kiss my nipples 22 times, it's symbolic that way. One for every card in the greater arcana. :rofl:

(I'm totally channeling my inner materialistic devil here.:p)

Morrissey looks quite charming in the pic...that is all you had to say on the pic!

Hey Morrissey, you have to kiss my nipples 22 times

...Well Kate2828 wants Morrissey to kiss her nipples 2828 times.( It's symbolic too apparently.)(And exhausting, but that's another unrelated point.)

Come on CG, be a good girl and just admit defeat.:cool:

...Well Kate2828 wants Morrissey to kiss her nipples 2828 times.( It's symbolic too apparently.)(And exhausting, but that's another unrelated point.)

Come on CG, be a good girl and just admit defeat.:cool:

I suppose 28 is symbollic in the sense that if you say it fast it sounds like "twat." I guess that makes her a double twat.

Admit defeat? Never.

Admit defeat? Never.

I knew you were going to say that! :love:

Nevertheless you're still not in my Top 3 of Morrissey-:head-smack:-obsessed / :crazy:/ :drama: :tantrum: (trio also known as "the loopy Golden -Retriever- Girls")

Mind you, it covers a dozen years. Rough competition. I've tried to be a fair judge. (There are some who won efortlessly...By just being themselves...Instantly superior.)

Last edited:
I knew you were going to say that! :love:

Nevertheless you're still not in my Top 3 of Morrissey-:head-smack:-obsessed / :crazy:/ :drama: :tantrum: (trio also known as "the loopy Golden -Retriever- Girls")

Mind you, it covers a dozen years. Rough competition. I've tried to be a fair judge. (There are some who won efortlessly...By just being themselves...Instantly superior.)

Well, I thought I took the cake in women-whom-Morrissey-should-consider-dating-and/or-marrying-on-a-Morrissey-fan-website-becasue-it's-cheaper-than-signing-up-for-match.com-because-Morrissey-is-a-troglydyte-who-doesn't-ever-leave-the-house-but-still-has-the-needs-of-a-man-to-get-laid, but I guess as with all capitalist systems there is competition. :p One thing I have going for me is that I hunt zombies and that's just basically cool. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom