Morrissey Central "THANK YOU, ISRAEL !!!!" (July 5, 2023)

THANK YOU, ISRAEL !!!!

desktop-wallpaper-collection-israeli-flag-israel-flag-full-background.jpg
0.gif

The pleasure, the privilege … was ours.

This is the coolest-looking band lineup since the Your Arsenal days. I hope they take some pictures as a complete unit. Can't Rayner do something useful for a change? Somehow Morrissey looks nice onstage with an elfin little guitarist strumming away nearby, like that short-lived "Little Barrie" guy who preceded Jesse Tobias. Hopefully Carmen Vandenberg will last longer. I guess I'll always be partial to the elfin little guitarist who started it all.
I could not possibly disagree more!!!!!!

This is the coolest-looking band lineup since the Your Arsenal days. I hope they take some pictures as a complete unit. Can't Rayner do something useful for a change? Somehow Morrissey looks nice onstage with an elfin little guitarist strumming away nearby, like that short-lived "Little Barrie" guy who preceded Jesse Tobias. Hopefully Carmen Vandenberg will last longer. I guess I'll always be partial to the elfin little guitarist who started it all.
Why doesn't he hire the Go-Gos or The Bangles to back him up. That cool rock and roll aesthetic has been completely murdered. Honestly, I wouldn't see that lineup with a free ticket.

I like these photos of the band having fun together, Juan and Brendan always seemed like totally affable guys and it's nice to see Carmen out there too:)! Of course they all look damn cool otherwise M wouldn't have chosen them ;) The band seemed fine and Carmen and Camila surely know what they're doing. But the last line-up had the same chemistry and that didn't seem to be the problem. Would be nice to see them all together. M seems so detached from the band these days.

Why doesn't he hire the Go-Gos or The Bangles to back him up. That cool rock and roll aesthetic has been completely murdered. Honestly, I wouldn't see that lineup with a free ticket.

Do what thou wilt. The Go-Go’s and the Bangles weren’t about lesbian chic, so what are you talking about? I haven’t been to a concert in over twenty years, but I’m actually considering the date in Atlanta. It feels like this is either going to be Morrissey’s last tour, or the beginning of an interesting new phase.

I wonder if/how this will impact venues letting him play gigs after this tour.

I think it's safe to say that its unlikely we will hear BoT and WMtWD in their current incarnations until after he has passed, so touring is all that's left. And maybe it will be affected more now, too.

It's just incredibly sad.

but you have.
Do what thou wilt. The Go-Go’s and the Bangles weren’t about lesbian chic, so what are you talking about? I haven’t been to a concert in over twenty years, but I’m actually considering the date in Atlanta. It feels like this is either going to be Morrissey’s last tour, or the beginning of an interesting new phase.
You are in the minority on this one. Morrissey fans: 60% music 40% image/aesthetic and that doesn't include having women in the band. I'm telling you, he made a big mistake and I am not sexist. He is just hellbent on destroying his mystique and legacy.

I was thinking about Atlanta, too, but I seriously don’t like the new lineup (except for the drummer. I do like him a lot) and I just don’t feel like it’s the Morrissey I know and love anymore. Something is missing; something is wrong. I cannot pin point what it is, though. It makes me terribly sad. So, I think I’ll probably never see Moz again unless he’s in my state, and I doubt he’ll ever come back here. Feels so weird and unbelievable to say such a thing…. 😢

I like these photos of the band having fun together, Juan and Brendan always seemed like totally affable guys and it's nice to see Carmen out there too:)! Of course they all look damn cool otherwise M wouldn't have chosen them ;) The band seemed fine and Carmen and Camila surely know what they're doing. But the last line-up had the same chemistry and that didn't seem to be the problem. Would be nice to see them all together. M seems so detached from the band these days.
Because he's not in the pics?

You are in the minority on this one. Morrissey fans: 60% music 40% image/aesthetic and that doesn't include having women in the band. I'm telling you, he made a big mistake and I am not sexist. He is just hellbent on destroying his mystique and legacy.

Everyone's in a minority at this point, because the fanbase has fractured along so many different lines. But you can't say he's destroying his mystique, because twenty years ago who could've predicted Morrissey would have two women in the band and be singing about kooky right-wing conspiracy theories? He won't do what you want him to, because he never has. As for his legacy, that is indestructible. I daresay his craziness and recalcitrance is almost a good insurance policy for his legacy. If civilization is still around in a hundred years, he might be judged better than his 80s peers who became safe & successful "legacy acts" and bland "elder statesmen of rock." They'll say he went pretty out there, but they'll also say that he was one of a kind.

Morrissey didn’t choose them. Has he even spoken to them yet?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom